Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Exploration?

Stella Brando

Arcane
It's kind of fun dicking around and exploring planets and the like in Mass Effect and Spore. Relaxing too. Spore lets you make your own spaceship, but crashes every ten minutes.

Anyway, it'd be nice to have a real game like this, and not minigames. Any ideas?

Something without too much pew-pewing would be good.

Hope this thread makes sense, I only slept 4 hours.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
No Man's Sky

Maybe something that is not still in the 'market to hipsters' phase?

Also

ad_plant.png

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
http://outerwilds.com - XBOX gamepad recommended. Playable with mouse and keyboard, but might be somewhat painful. Still, might be worth the hassle as it's one of the most imaginative and refreshing little projects I've experienced in gaming. Just don't watch too many videos or you'll spoil it for yourself. The game's strongest point is the exploration of a bizarre solar system and discovering cool stuff. Trust me, if you like exploration in games and love space as much as I do, you'll be amazed.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Even though it is not an exploration game, Star Trek: Bridge Commander allows you to visit planets(by staying near their orbit) and other stars and star systems, even go into nebulas. With Kobayashi Maru and DS9 FX you can even go to Deep Space 9 and through the bajoran wormhole into the Gamma Quadrant. Play with the Instant Action mode or create a custom mission yourself. It's really awesome. With the great soundtrack of the game, the chill atmosphere on the ship, the buzzing of the ship consoles...
Really feels like Star Trek "to boldly go where no one has gone before".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom