Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole - South Park RPG sequel from Ubisoft

Duraframe300

Arcane
Lol, they're reusing the engine/framework from the first time. Obsidian dun got screwed by publishers again.

Wouldn't Obsidian get something for it though? I mean they owned the engine.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Of the known projects Obsidian are working on, none interest me other than the Pillars of Eternity expansions. While I want Obsidian to work on other games than South Park, I'd take it over MMOs or card games. (I will give the card game a shot if it hits PC).

For Ubisoft, having the game developed internally should be cheaper and more convenient.

Copper

Savant
Also Bubbles's gimmick is dry sarcasm.

I wish it were a gimmick.

Yeah, Obsidian really has a good thing going with their card games and tank MMOs. :smug:

They don't need to be an RPG developer to be successful. As long as they can release talent when appropriate (see: MCA), there's no harm in what they're doing.

Nice to see I'm not the only person making sneaky edits.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
First game was an uterly Mediocre rpg, with horrible unbalanced broken combat, repetitive gameplay, oversimplistic rpg mechanics.

I couldn't care less if obsidian is or isn't making a sequel to it.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
First game was an uterly Mediocre rpg, with horrible unbalanced broken combat, repetitive gameplay, oversimplistic rpg mechanics.

I couldn't care less if obsidian is or isn't making a sequel to it.

This is the South Park thread, not the PoE thread.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Wonder if a shovelware studio can deliver a solid product within two years when they have to move to a different engine (pretty much implementing everything except the art assets from scratch I imagine).

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Rocksmith wasn't really shovelware, was it? It sold for full price, at least.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's an update of "learn how to play guitar" software, qualifies as shovelware in the book of Roguey.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Can't wait for Obsidian F2P Moba, maybe we can control Kreia, Kreia could say "A wound on the Force." and having a chain lightning attack that is an AoE stun , you know, every time you select Morte he asks "What can change the nature of a man?" before he does an AoE DPS jaw attack on the mobs to get some last hits. How about a CCG? You could pay 2.99 to buy a Morte or Kaelyn cards... The future holds excellent prospects for Obsidian.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Thankfully Obsidian don't have the rights to most of the characters in their games, so that will never happen.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Seems that all the Obsidian apologetic bullshit is coming down crashing and burning all at the same time.
Let's support Obsidian their next game will be the good one, the end result was Dungeon Siege 3 and South Park, and now they aren't even making a sequel to their own game, how that casual pandering is working for you Feargus?
But hey, was all fault of evul publishers, then we got PoE, the fanboys screamed that was best RPG evah, some said that PoE 2 will be the right one, end result, MCA leaves for unknown destination.
All in all working on Russian MMOs is the best thing that happened to Obsidian, business wise.

pippin

Just for the record, a DLC search for Rocksmith 2014 on Steam gets me 26 pages of data, between individual songs and song packages.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Just for the record, a DLC search for Rocksmith 2014 on Steam gets me 26 pages of data, between individual songs and song packages.

Well, the fans clamoured for South Park DLC that never came. A little movement on that front would be welcome.

I've read Rocksmith is pretty decent, but the price for each song is a little worrying. I imagine the inputs are more detailed than a Guitar Hero song, but...

Lol, they're reusing the engine/framework from the first time. Obsidian dun got screwed by publishers again.

"Bugsidian" is starting to sound less like a pun on programming bugs and more on the results of their deals.

Last edited:

jaybirdy

Educated
That's pretty low of them to insult Obsidian's work like that. If they knew it was shit, why didn't they put the brakes on it and make changes? Same reason why this next game, backed by a pedigree of shovelware, is going to be even worse shit.

Your lack of humor

Seriously, South Park really hasn't been funny in a long ass time. It's become robotic in its routine. There will be two or three original jokes (or a character doing something "funny") per episode, and then it's repeated over and over and over, with literally no alteration whatsoever. Just think of the manbearpig and Hardly Boys gags, it's just that one joke hammered in repeatedly, and it's just awful. Now jokes are getting rehashed even outside of episodes. Even in this trailer, they're doing the Towelie is so high thing again, and I need both of my hands to count how many times they've rehashed that stupid joke. And I don't know why, but Trey Parker really loves to make fun of how over-dramatic Hollywood trash is, but that shit got old even in Team America. This comedy goes beyond been there and done that, it's more like a trampled-upon corpse dolled up to look alive.

jaybirdy

Educated
I thought it was just in typical development hell due to Obsidian's incompetence, not Trey Parker and Matt Stone playing quality control. But then I haven't really followed its development because what the fuck do I care.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
First PoE.. Then MCA.. Now This..

Burn it to the ground.

Durance-portrait.jpg

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Here's a question no one is asking:

How do we know Obsidian wasn't offered the game, and that they turned it down?

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Here's a question no one is asking:

How do we know Obsidian wasn't offered the game, and that they turned it down?

Because Obsidian doesn't turn down anything (hence tanks and Russian MMO).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom