Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul Calibur VI

Adon

Arcane
Oh wow, so that's an actual character. I just assumed this guy was only made for the purpose of having a bad guy in this secondary story mode that would be similar to Chronicles of the Sword from SCIII.

A horse of course

https://nichegamer.com/2018/08/26/soulcalibur-vi-could-be-the-last-entry-if-sales-are-poor/

He continued by explaining the IP was in a bad spot within the company. “The first thing is that the IP itself of the SoulCalibur franchise had low expectations from the company. It was actually facing a crisis of maybe disappearing. It took time for me to convince the company.”

When the interviewer mentioned that fans better buy the game, Okubo then switched to speaking directly in English – saying he isn’t trying to push fans to buy the game, but he certainly hopes so. “We don’t want to blackmail the users by saying that it could be the last one, but as it is, yes.”

BUY OUR FULL-PRICE NICHE GAME YOU FUCKS

“It’s not like we’re trying to make the characters sexy,” Okubo said. “When we decide on the costumes, we always think about how best they can represent the characters. Sometimes there may be less fabric and as a result, the character may be sexier, but we’re not trying to make the game focused on sexy characters.”

8KTtscB.jpg

Moink

Cipher
Fucking over customers and then holding the game hostage isn't a good pr move.

A horse of course

Fucking over customers and then holding the game hostage isn't a good pr move.

Meh, milking a very small niche of dedicated customers is normal in the Jap market. It's not hard to see why this isn't going to sell gangbusters anywhere else though. From the perspective of the casual player they've basically released Soul Calibur IV three times now. The last time the series saw any major changes was Soul Calibur III for the customization and chronicles mode, and the last major visual update was Soul Calibur IV on the 360. Fighting games just don't sell like the old days, so they pin their hopes on vanishingly small communities like e-sports/competitive multiplayer. If this is the final Soul Calibur, at least we get it on PC, where it will surely be crackable and subsequently moddable at some point.

The bitches in my company are testing this shit. There is no Cassandra my waifu. No waifu No laifu.

I was beginning to suspect this. Tira DLC and cosmetic DLC I could care less about... but I've mained Cass since SC2 and am not happy about this :rpgcodex:

Sophitia is NOT an adequate replacement.

They're actually bucking tradition with this, too, which is what bothers me. Every game since SC2 has had the two twins. Even in SC5, which had ALL NEW TWINS still *HAD* twins! argh

Gerrard

Arcane
Considering that (based on on available gameplay) the mechanics look like ass, doubt that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom