Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soooo Video game awards nominees

So do you think that there is one good game outrside of DOS2 in that shit swamp?

• FUCK NO! ELEX IS DIVINE!!!

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • The only incline is Grimoire!

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Simply no.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Yes,please don't judge me.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Yes,many games are great here! Also EA is the greatest publisher ever!

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • What a shit year!

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Burn them all,no exceptions!

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The virgin dewrito pope v the chad drunken dev.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Nintendo Central as expected. Persona 5 robbing Original Sin 2 of the RPG award is an outrage, though. Also, Strategy category turning out the way it did was just blatant favoritism to the extreme.

Nirvash

Liturgist
xcom 2 already won last year.

The only bullshit is overwatch and W.

ah ah ah ah horizon zero awards.

newtmonkey

Arcane
lolz guy is making shit for EA and says fuck on TV (or "the internet"), and the audience erupts in cheers

Next time you are forced by board of directors to give a lame turtleneck presentation to announce your latest product, just say FUCK and you will be okay

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Notice the body language, how Josef dominated the space and frequently interjected with verbal diarrhoea after having won the crowd early. His words didn't matter because he'd already secured victory, content to bask in the spotlight for as long as possible. Geoff recognized that he'd lost control and attempted to assert himself several times, but was too meek to effectively do so as ambivalence slowly gave way to frustration and the producer's protestations in his earpiece steadily increased in volume. At the end, the show only continued because Josef allowed it to, ceding his power willingly and turning his back on the crime scene in a final act of dominance, his mind already focused on the next conquest.

Hines

Savant
Bethesda's ad, or desperate plea, asks players to buy their underperforming singleplayer games.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
"The Video Game Awards"

XJp0DCw.jpg

Geoff Keighley seems a nice guy but he is a shameless corporate shill.

As someone that plays vidya games, owns Magic: The Gathering, and has played at least one table top D&D game:

fuckin nerds.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I found these 2 games kinda interesting (more interesting than that Kojima game). Both may provide some good Coop fun:

World War Z game

GTFO (I wonder if this is the replacement of the originally 2014 announced title "Overkill's The Walking Dead"?)

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
GTFO (I wonder if this is the replacement of the originally 2014 announced title "Overkill's The Walking Dead"?)

Uh, it's not... there is still the Overkill's Walking Dead game coming out (boring trailer)

This makes at least 3 Zombie games in 2018. Definitely year of the Zombie.

circ

Arcane
fuck all this. I don't see games, I see freeze-dried jello with lemon flavor ready to be consumed by barely functioning humans who have had their taste buds neutered.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
The award list is mostly a shit list. That award ceremony is also cringy as all hell. That being said, Slime Rancher is pretty good in a casual sort of way and is quite an extensive game despite the small dev team. It's not the Codex's kind of game, but it's still entertaining. Also, Elex should have made an appearance on that list. 2017 was a dreadful year in gaming.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
lolz guy is making shit for EA and says fuck on TV (or "the internet"), and the audience erupts in cheers

Next time you are forced by board of directors to give a lame turtleneck presentation to announce your latest product, just say FUCK and you will be okay

To add...anyone who thinks this dude was "drunk" is a damn retard. This is a billion dollar corporation, they don't mess around. That video is 100% marketing and damage control executed with military precision, because they're not retarded like a huge bunch of the gaming audience that they play like a fiddle. Everything this Josef is saying and doing is at least semi-scripted with the intent of downplaying the recent EA debacle, being a "cool" down with the kids face of the company, and promoting the upcoming game (of course regarding the latter). They're not going to put him out there drunk ffs. It's a billion dollar business currently under mass scrutiny.

Also, I recall a recent leak of their marketing roadmap (which is an outline, doesn't include all the dirty details). This Josef guy is central to their multi-million dollar marketing campaign:

qf5qbjklq2gu5sqz7c0x.jpg

"EA treat me well. They fucked up. All publishers fuck up sometimes."

Of course they treat you well, you're their fucking golden baby right now. And as far as a knowledgeable consumer should be concerned, EA have been "fucking up"/raping the gaming experience for decades.
This whole thing is damage control out of control. And it'll work. EA's next release will be just like any other.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Also the Oscars are probably a shitshow of epic proportions too, but fuck this scummy game award event and its dorito pope shitlord host/founder.

Edit: Oh god, the video posted above is some tard gamer or EA shill's repost. The gamespot video has 172k views, and from the comments section it looks like it is working. Fuck it, time to educate these fools.

My god these fucking comments.

"Most real dude in the video game industry today"

"after this happened, I am definitely buying this guy's game."

"im buying his game 4 times on all consoles"

:0-13:

Gamespot making comments too, subtly influencing. Fucking decline.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Played like a fiddle

My fav comment:

"In Sweden (Musikhjälpen 2017) there is currently an auction for playing the game pre-launch with Josef himself. It’s currently at 6500 SE"

:what:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Meh i don't watch neater the awards nor the oscars. Both of them are show for the famous and stupid people to pretend how high brow they are and how intelligent they are. Wouldn't mind nuking both of this cesspools of degeneracy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom