Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sooo, MaxPayn3

sullynathan

Arcane
Yes, it restarts the LAST check point. Didn't i make myself clear that the my last checkpoint was sudden death?
What i wanted to was to start from the previous one.
oh you would have to go back to chapter select for that one. I don't remember if you have to beat the chapter for the game to allow you to start from any checkpoint you want.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
That's the point. Wouldn't even mind that much if it was just pure action although replaying levels over and over again Mario style isn't my kind of thing. The thing is that i'll have to drudge through ''almost dead'' Max slow mo limping with his fellow Huehue through all those corridors all the way again. That's about half an hour of waste just to replay that damn one thing, where i failed because i didn't know better than to step into cutscene before collecting ammo.
I really have no idea why Rockastar is so hostile towards manual saves. I mean, yeah, it's probably complicated with pure console games, but PC ports should have no problem with that.

sullynathan

Arcane
They aren't hostile towards manual saves since their later games (GTA 4, RDR & GTA V) allow it more than their earlier games (GTA 3 - San Andreas), it's just that they fucked up badly with MP3.
On the flip side, you can die enough times that the game will give you back extra health, ammo, and pain killers.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
How do you kill ''terminator'' guy in chapter 5 or smth? There a re two normal sidekicks, but the masked guy in some sort of heavy as shit armor and heavy gun doesn't go down no matter what. Is there a catch to this episode?

How do you kill ''terminator'' guy in chapter 5 or smth? There a re two normal sidekicks, but the masked guy in some sort of heavy as shit armor and heavy gun doesn't go down no matter what. Is there a catch to this episode?

With a lot of headshots. Eventually he'll die.

FEAR 1 had excellent slow mo and it was very useful since the enemy called for back up, flanked you and tossed grenades to take you out of cover.

yeah this; after youve gotten sick of mp3 maybe give this gem a try

pretty samey environments but oh my; the gameplay is peerless

minimal cutscenes; pretty schlocky story too but; did i mention the gameplay?

forget about the sequels

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I played first Fear and enjoyed it thoroughly. I liked the creepy story about Alma and that 'guy' running in background. But it was NEVER as ridiculous in terms of difficulty as MP3. Played both on ''normal'' like i play most shooters as i'm slowfag with shitty reaction and spatial awareness in virtual environment.

Max Payne 3 is certainly NOT ridiculous in terms of difficulty. I've finished it on "Hardcore" and "Old School" difficulties without any big issues. I'd actually say F.E.A.R is overall a harder game, despite having quicksaves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom