Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sooo, MaxPayn3

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I missed all the hoopla, when it came out and now i just started.
Besides teh cinematic shiot, which is at least skipable, there's one fucking thing i want to complain.
HOW IN FUCK DO YOU AIM IN THIS GAEM. I don't remember first two MPs very well, but i payed them through just fine even though TPS always tends to give some problems with some shit, but i surely don't remember the fact that your aim was tilted in some weird angle so you had to guess+pixelhunt every time in tight spots. As far as i remember the aim was pretty static and reliable. Now i'm in one of the first shit stage, in the chopper, needing to shoot down thugs with rifle so they don't kill the slut, but the aim is some sort of awkward ''frome the left and then down'' shit, where i don't control anything and there's no ironsight obv. Are there some settings that override this scripted aiming system or maybe mods.

PS
Look, yeah, i know, MP is shit, go play another game/uninstal.exe fixes it. Go fuck yourself, because that's all you have to fuck. I like Max. He's a depressed alcoholic, just like me. I want to play his stupid life. Just say are there or are there not any ways to alter the aiming system?

GrainWetski

Arcane
I know crappy console FPS with some RPG elements like Human Revolution are in this section, but this is taking a bit far, isn't it?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's a game where you play the role of Max Payne, so clearly it's an RPG. QED.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
I *literally* enjoyed MP3 a lot. But only because it was MP. I don't remember having an issue with the aim. Most of the time I just died because I wanted to be too flashy and killed shit while getting shot at from 3 sides.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game is exactly like Max Payne 1&2, if they had their souls ripped out. It looks similar, it plays similar, but it is only an empty husk, with no emotions whatsoever.

Horrible, horrible piece of shit.

But it sure is pretty, or at least was, when it came out.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
This game is exactly like Max Payne 1&2, if they had their souls ripped out. It looks similar, it plays similar, but it is only an empty husk, with no emotions whatsoever.
Emotions are for faggots.

Anyway, after the drunken post in the OP i resumed the game, finished the chooper shit and am down on the landing place, needing to get through all the thugs to whatever checkpoint there is. The closest i got was shooting everyone around the bilboard, then after cutting angle was shit by shotgun blast to the face. Next 5 times i was killed even earlier. Am i this shit or this gaem is tough?
Even popamoling doesn't help. Guess it's good, but damn do i die fast and can't shoot for shit. Aiming is stil payne in the ass.
I thin i'll struggle through no matter what, even if takes a year or smth, because i like Max and want to know what happens to him, but boy do i suck at this agme. Granted, i'm bit drunk now, but never had much problems with FPSs, even those that are deemed hard.
Maybe i'm doing it wrong and just need to rush through with bullettime n shit, but i like more slower approach. I don't know how to use the ''roll'' shit effectively and don't want to. Funny to be so overwhelmed in what is basically a starting/tutorial area. SPANK ME!

It's been regarded as a harder than usual by reviewers when it was released, if I recall correctly. I'm sure you'll get the hang of those slowmo headshots eventually. I've been a Max Payne fag since the very first time I laid eyes on these games but I also died quite a bit in MP3.

Cadmus

Arcane
The game was pretty difficult for me as well - on the hard difficulty if I remember correctly and I played the previous games to death.
Don't get seduced by the popamolling, it's worse than running and gunning. Basically, play like the older games, no amount of hiding and waiting's gonna save your skin. I really liked that.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The game definately was more challenging that most of the modern releases but that was only evident when you got to play inbetween cutscenes, loading screens and cinematic shizzle. So about once every 30 minutes in spurts of 5 minute of gameplay.

sullynathan

Arcane
We already had a thread about it: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/whats-the-consensus-on-max-payne-3.106677/

Horrible, horrible piece of shit.

But it sure is pretty, or at least was, when it came out.
Max Payne 3 is better than 1 & 2. I don't care about this emotional shit that you codexers spout.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
So, i'm at this stadium checkpoint, where you're left alone in the stands and a hundred of swat guys come right at you. I have only pistol with 30 or so bullets. I bullettime jump, kill at least 6 guys and still mange to kill some 3 or 4 other guys. It's impossible to get ammunition in this situation as those guys are too far away and new ones keep coming. The fuckest thing about this is that i could probably load up before that checkpoint in the place where the holed up sniper is being killed with two support guys, but because fucking cutscene triggered unexpectedly before i could loot the bodies i was left almost naked. And THE FUCKING UTMOST FUCKING INCREDIBLE THING IS THAT I CAN'T RELOAD PREVIOUS CHEKCPOINT.
Is this really mandatory? Do i have to restart the whole fucking level to get the game going, because it's mathematically impossible to kill all those guys with the ammo i have left and i can go back to chekcpoint before. Fuck you fucking consolshit Rockstar fucktards to fucking fuck!!

I really enjoy the gunnfights overall, but these kind of design decisions are.. i have no words for that.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
It's not about getting good or not, but stupid design. Why are there no option to go back to previous checkpoint. You can literally get thrown in the turkey shoot half dead without any ammo, which means you have to restart the whole stupid custscene ridden level from the very fucking start. Worse off, the very reason i was left without almost no ammo, was because the custscene interrupted me while i was going to pick up ammo from dead guys and BOOM, you're in your next chekcpoint, which you can't revert. There are no indications, when the next forced cutscene starts. And i did take down about 10 swat team type guys with a pistol, having 30 bullets in it, from a like 50-60 meters so i assume i'm p. gud, you fuck.

bloodlover

Arcane
I played it on XBOX a few years ago and I barely made any flashy plays with the slow motion. Gluing your spinal cord to a wall works most of the time and on normal I don't remember being flanked by the enemy. I found slow mo to be just for fun and not really required, not the mention that most of the time it made my game harder.

FEAR 1 had excellent slow mo and it was very useful since the enemy called for back up, flanked you and tossed grenades to take you out of cover.

sullynathan

Arcane
It's not about getting good or not, but stupid design. Why are there no option to go back to previous checkpoint. You can literally get thrown in the turkey shoot half dead without any ammo, which means you have to restart the whole stupid custscene ridden level from the very fucking start. Worse off, the very reason i was left without almost no ammo, was because the custscene interrupted me while i was going to pick up ammo from dead guys and BOOM, you're in your next checkpoint, which you can't revert. There are no indications, when the next forced cutscene starts. And i did take down about 10 swat team type guys with a pistol, having 30 bullets in it, from a like 50-60 meters so i assume i'm p. gud, you fuck.
you can go back to previous checkpoints. The cutscene stuff on the other hand is bad design.

I played it on XBOX a few years ago and I barely made any flashy plays with the slow motion. Gluing your spinal cord to a wall works most of the time and on normal I don't remember being flanked by the enemy. I found slow mo to be just for fun and not really required, not the mention that most of the time it made my game harder.

FEAR 1 had excellent slow mo and it was very useful since the enemy called for back up, flanked you and tossed grenades to take you out of cover.
Enemies will flank you in MP3 & throw grenades. Too bad, you can't throw grenades at them.

sullynathan

Arcane
you can go back to previous checkpoints. The cutscene stuff on the other hand is bad design.
I feel dumb now,and i hope i really am, because i don't see other options from load screen than choosing chapters. Can you enlighten me?

It says restart checkpoint, its just that some checkpoints are more spread out than others.
8TXvZqR.jpg

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Yes, it restarts the LAST check point. Didn't i make myself clear that the my last checkpoint was sudden death?
What i wanted to was to start from the previous one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom