Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Songs You Enjoy From Games You've Not Played

Ivan

Arcane
Pretty weird topic, but it came to me when I found this in my itunes. It's the only Mother game I haven't played.

Zibniyat

Arcane
I've listened to some The Witcher 2 compositions for years before playing it (playing it now for the first time). Interesting to hear the known melodies in the game now, and they don't bore me in the least.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Undertale.
There are v.few genres that I just cannot into. This game is one of them (jRPG from RPGmaker + bullet hell combat).
Sounds p.GameBoy-like for me (it was my first big gaming device before PC, somehow it didn't turned me into weaboo).
Surprisingly (un)fitting when I play Red Orchestra 2 multiplayer sessions.

Vietcong (and addon First Alpha) but it will change soon (unless game have problems with moderns systems).

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The title theme from Morrowind.
A few tracks from Katamari Damacy.

...that's it, really.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
how would i have heard songs from games i never played if i never played them?

do you spend your spare time listening to OST's from games you never played on youtube?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
how would i have heard songs from games i never played if i never played them?

do you spend your spare time listening to OST's from games you never played on youtube?
Watching someone else play? A soundtrack is mentioned in conversation or in boards like these, and one would simply search for it out of curiosity? Use a little imagination.

---

A couple of cheesy Sonic soundtracks. Oh, wait, definitely this:

I would never track down an Xbox to play this, but I really would like to play some Jet Set Radio Future ... in the future.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Dune: Spice Opera.

Never played it. Came out in early 90s. The soundtrack is crazy good, at least it appeals to my weird tastes in music anyway.

Ivan

Arcane
While I never played the original due to there being no map, I love this song:

Also, Alfgart Shadow of the Colossus is must play

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Dune: Spice Opera.

Never played it. Came out in early 90s. The soundtrack is crazy good, at least it appeals to my weird tastes in music anyway.

You should, it's a very nice and quirky little game, though the game itself features a trimmed down version of the soundtrack you linked.

Stephane Picq also made music for the games Megarace and Lost Eden, if you liked Spice Opera you should check those out.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
We have PS2 emulators nowadays, y'know. Shadenuat
Nier isn't on the PS2. Drakengard is, which I recall being related to Nier in being a prequel or some such.
It's a distant sequel to Drakengard's fifth ending, as the events of that ending lead to the apocalypse situation which lead to Nier.

It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of the game's story, but it does spice up the supplementary material.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Quite a lot of them.

Tyrian, an early Alexander Brandon classic, since I couldn't into twitch:

Ambermoon, since I never had an Amiga:

Crusader: No Remorse/No Regret, since I didn't know about them BitD:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I don't care about games I haven't played.

What I do like is most of the music from the original Command & Conquer and One Must Fall 2097.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Melan, those are all amazing games you listed there. If you have time you should try to play.

I listen to the full CC soundtrack almost every day.

This is my cleaning music.

I sing this song whenever I can. I have the lyrics memorized and my Japanese pronunciation is impeccable, according to my half-Japanese friend, at least.

I only played the sequel.

Of course I don't play Mass Effect.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom