Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Something good about Fallout 4

Reapa

Doom Preacher
:necro:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9048/?

yes, of course it's a mod if there's something good about fallout 4. but what is it? do not get fooled by the typical mod front page of the nexus with videos and pictures and text that promise a lot and change little about the game. something is there! something you will probably not find in any other mod for any other game. something special. something i thought was dead for a long time now.

I was walking around in this utterly boring post apocalyptic wasteland to evade the even more boring TV program, doing some of the main quest, just to get it out of the way as soon as possible and get some levels on my char, when i felt the urge to change radio channels and give this mod another chance.

the mod was once installed when i wanted to hear some of the songs i missed from fallout 3 / new vegas. it did not deliver, or i couldn't find any of them even though the mod has quite a few radio channels. it was in a previous play through and i quickly lost interest in this mod and fallout 4 in general.

but there was something i had overlooked. in my blind and rushed search for something i knew i wanted, i didn't take the time to browse the radio channels of this mod properly, thinking it was just some guy's music play lists that he wanted to share with the world and which could not possibly be better than my own play lists. i was arrogant.

now this is not a small mod. i weighs 4GB and is quite a burden on any SSD if you mod bethesda games a lot. you easily get over 40GB even with fallout 4; even now without F4SE and huge overhauls based on it and the soon to come sexlab based mods. but i did not delete the old world radio. as a matter of fact i even kept installing it whenever i reinstalled fallout 4 without even thinking about the 4GB and how it just needlessly filled my radio channel list making it harder to find the occasional quest relevant radio channel. in short, i kept a mod that to me was bloatware and it's hard to describe how lucky i feel for keeping it.

remember Twilight Zone?

at this point, some of you will go FFFUUUUUUuuuu... is this real? is he really talking about what i think he's talking about? but how? it's just a radio mod! and before i answer that, let me first piss on the people that think Twilight Zone has anything to do with "Twilight". those of you who do, please realize you are human waste. a byproduct of drug induced incestuous sex orgies of retards.

Twilight Zone and Tales from the Crypt and Outer Limits are old TV shows made of short stories by various artists, often in a science fiction or fantasy setting. I loved these shows. but it seems with the general decline this kind of shows also went the way of the dodo, making space for more streamlined entertainment like Survivor and Pimp my Sister and so on. It's really hard for me to give any examples here since i can't stand to watch a frame of this cheap, shallow, mindless crap.

So where am i going with this seemingly shambolic rant? Nightfall !!!!!! One of the radio channels of this mod is a collection of short stories a la Twilight Zone but made for radio. the sound quality is pretty bad but the stories are played by real radio voice actors. So if you had the patience to read through this text, congratulations! you found something beautiful!

EDIT: found another one! Tales From The Zone. Starts with the Twilight Zone theme, so i'm guessing it's the same stories but not tested yet.
EDIT 2: indeed Twilight Zone stories
EDIT 3: there are even more such channels

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom