Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SOMA (Frictional Games)

Overboard

Arcane
Meh, it was only a quotation of Dick's.

Anyways, on the somasystems site, the picture on the right keeps flickering, sometimes showing this:

Should have a Codex version saying hopw roewur ne.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I am suffice to say sceptical about those chinese characters in the lower left corner of the site...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
There are more clues in the site's code.

You find the following two strings:
<!-- LS0tLS1CRUdJTiBQR1AgTUVTU0FHRS0tLS0tDQpWZXJzaW9uOiBHbnVQRyB2Mi4wLjE5IChNaW5nVzMyKQ0KDQpqQTBFQ1FNQ09aTXA0aVI0VUxXdTBsb0JWTEV0N3pnUXlUSk9OT05OY3luWmhkb08wbHAyRkM2aDgvNTROUkF1DQo0WGZ3L0JXVjV0Q3gxMm1UTzIwSDFUUFNnWEtSSWNpbnVyQnFxbFp4Q1U2RzdyZFRtckhra2gyeFFNdDFjNlFqDQpkWXA5YUhEdzA1cUx3c3c9DQo9YzY2aQ0KLS0tLS1FTkQgUEdQIE1FU1NBR0UtLS0tLQ== -->

<!-- bm90ZTogcGhyYXNlLCBsb3dlcmNhc2U= -->

When decoded through base64, we get:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.19 (MingW32)

jA0ECQMCOZMp4iR4ULWu0loBVLEt7zgQyTJONONNcynZhdoO0lp2FC6h8/54NRAu
4Xfw/BWV5tCx12mTO20H1TPSgXKRIcinurBqqlZxCU6G7rdTmrHkkh2xQMt1c6Qj
dYp9aHDw05qLwsw=
=c66i
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

and

note: phrase, lowercase

Anyone have any idea how to decode the PGP message?

Borelli

Arcane
Ah, so it is a robot copying human memories. Interesting, haven't seen this in a while.

A standard UH3 articulated robot, active fluid memory with an approximated intelligence shows a much more active mind spontaneously developed a desire to socialize from observing human interaction?

intelligence first noted by Security Officer Douglas Strohmaier while investigating an automated distress signal coming from Construct Depot 11 Mockingbird had pried another UH3 open and removed its AI-unit made motions resembling those of eating, moving it close to its camera, and making sounds similar to smacking of the lips it introduced itself as Chief Engineer Adam Golaski.

Quarantined in T260 Machine Rep during the night it had taken itself apart. AM Engineer Imogen Reed quickly records an interview in case the Mockingbird would continue its self-destruction. appears there is a real Adam Golaski working at Omicron. Invited Chief Engineer Golaski to talk to the impostor construct.

skotona

Barely Literate
Descrambled this image. Maybe it could help decrypting the data.
zrUQAUX.png

oljebox

Educated
Piecing this all together, it's Sphere: The Game?

The trailer was pretty good.

I didn't appreciate the overacting from the mo-capped actress. Also, TV screens in the future? Not long from now we're going to be painting our walls in Telepaint. I really like the 80s/90s style they're going for, but style's not enough to keep me interested. They'll have to put more gaming in their "games" if they expect to entice me. Still, my interest's been piqued.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I like the old school grungey style their going for. The sleek and clean futuristic look with flashy holographic screens everywhere is way too overdone in sci-fi. Getting some X-Files like vibes from these trailers, would be cool if the game is about investigating all these weird anomalies in some Area 51 type facility.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Anyone have any idea how to decode the PGP message?
pretty good privacy is primarily about email encryption, but you need the public key. The 2nd message is probably a clue about what the key is.

DeepOcean

Arcane

oljebox

Educated
I got ... nothing ... from that. Except, I guess, that it's going to be disappointing. Too pseudo-science-y. I was hoping they'd go Hard or Philosophical. The video tells me they chose Populist.:deadhorse:

Borelli

Arcane
I knew from the trailers that robots will be villains but are you telling me the game will start after they have already taken over everything? Everything is dark or dirty now.
I don't mind the PC breathing (like in Penumbra if you look at enemies) but he should not talk nor should he breath scarily when there are no enemies around - leave that to the player

"I think therefore i am" hmm where did i hear that before?
http://somasystems.org/

There's some more description stuff to the vid:

The machine has the appearance of a heavily modified monitor fixed to a massive nest of cables and controls. Machinist Peter Strasky found the contraption during a salvage mission the screen rolled and flickered, but it shut down as it was pulled out from the container.
None of the crew stepped forward to take credit, but the construction suggests since Thabo is unavailable for questioning, the machine's origin remains a mystery.

Considering the lack of information and the general unease it has started to cause, the machine will be disassembled.

screen lit up and showed distorted schematics. After trying different switches and keys, the oblique levers were found to be torsion attenuation controls which could stabilize the pict revealing a complex set of instructions. The machine is now under quarantine.

AM Engineer Imogen Reed has asked for an exception Special permission granted
I think ... therefore i AM.

Screamcover.jpg

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
A bit disappointing, that trailer makes it look like a reskined Amnesia, was expecting something more from the teasers.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
That awful Resident Evil-tier voice acting, just ugh. I don't need to hear to the protagonist cuss and shit his pants every five seconds. The anxiety from a horror game needs to be felt by the player himself, not some noisy nasally guy who sounds like he's about to have an asthma attack. Very annoying.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
VA for your avatar in FP is always weird; one of the advantages of this perspective for horror games is that it makes the player feel closest to the in-game world (and also limits his vision the most), so why would you counteract that by having the character talk?

The idea for this little vignette is pretty decent, but art and sound design are underwhelming. I suppose it's a decent proof of concept, given the game's title, it's likely to feature a lot of body horror and related themes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom