Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Software Bug in the Barrier

calron

Novice
In the Barrier when You enter the Kalyann Inn for the first time you get a few choices of how to react to the group of fightes messing with the waitress. Whenever I choose the fist fight, the game crashes with an "Array Index exception". I have the Patch Version 1.35
Is this a general error or does this only happen on my machine?

Kyminara

Novice
Warning, possible spoiler.

After the guards talk with Marta, the game crashes when she transforms.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I didn't get the crash when she transformed, but I have noticed a few glitches dealing with this event that I have already reported, such as one guard getting killed, but still being alive and active in the game after the battle. Whether or not I got lucky and didn't see the crash is unknown, but I've seen the guard that's dead at his post when everone else is talking about him being dead at the northern end guardian station.

Kyminara

Novice
I tried it again sometime later, and it did not crash. Perhaps it was just something wrong with my computer.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
I tried it again sometime later, and it did not crash. Perhaps it was just something wrong with my computer
There is one memory leak-ish problem that I haven't quite tracked that can cause this, problem is the memory overwrite problem occurs someplace, but it doesn't show up until much later or game exit. I'm kinda hopeful I'll be able to fix it for the next patch, though I'm getting closer.

I haven't seen the marta issue, although there are several permutations that can lead there, I believe I tested them all last time I looked at it, but if you can get a consistent crash I would _LOVE_ to get a savegame.

cheers,
-mat[/list]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom