Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, you guys recommend any Android games?

desocupado

Magister
Mostly strategy, rpgs or roguelikes?

I just got a cheap android phone, and having something to pass the time while the car washes, or the line at the supermarket doesn't move, would be nice.

There's a lot of shovelware on this market (gameloft shit is just that, shit), and maybe somebody can point me out some hidden gems? Maybe?

(in before decline, ban desocupado, etc, etc)

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
While I got a good phone for gaming(Note3) I play mostly short 2 min games on it. Ruzzle, Wordfeud, Pinball Arcade and the new rage at work after Slotomania and Candy Crush saga we play lots of 8 Pool with alot of trashtalk involved. Otherwise I find gaming shit on phones, I usually use my sons 3DS for portable gaming.

FuelBlooded

Scholar
Puzzle games like cogs, lazors.
From strategies I really like Great Big/Little War Game.

desocupado

Magister
or the line at the supermarket doesn't move, would be nice.
you'd do that?
what kind of Beetlejuiceesque wait-forever-lines do you have at your supermarkets?

Brazilian supermarket lines bro. More specifically, we have a monopoly on supermarket chains at my city, it's all wallmart, and the service is shit. On a good day, 5 minutes is enough, but I've been longer than 20 minutes on a line.

Alchemist

Arcane
I was just about to mention Tales of Illyria! Ninja'd by mindx2.

Anyway, Matt Barton approves...

Tigranes

Arcane
Go to emulation land, there's still very little Good Games made for tablets. That might change. Shadowrun would be fun as a mobile distraction, even if it's too shallow for much traction on PC.

Fire Emblem. Final Fantasy Tactics. etc. etc.

Dweller is a simple and decent Android roguelike.

What we really need is Dungeons of Dredmor on there.

Mostly strategy, rpgs or roguelikes?

I just got a cheap android phone, and having something to pass the time while the car washes, or the line at the supermarket doesn't move, would be nice.

Strategy, RPGs and rougelikes are 1) barely playable on a screen below 5", which doesn't appear on cheap phones, and 2) unfit for being such two-minute fillers.

I got my phone running Starcraft and Jagged Alliance 2, but with 4,7", nope.

P.S. Cheap android phone will piss the shit out of you in a month or two when it lags beyond comprehension.

Disgruntled

Savant
Clash of Clans has been surprisingly fun. On the surface its another farmville knockoff, but the invasion system is very well made. There is a good bit of tactics involved in raiding other towns, not just spamming a set of the highest tier soldiers.
Still an addictive reward based timekiller... but gives you a lot more control in how you grow with the variable earnings made from invasions.

kazgar

Arcane
Dweller is a simple and decent Android roguelike.
With a really nice interface, which is the problem with many others of its kind. Unfortunately it hasn't seen an update since May, and you'll run out of content fairly quickly.

Play hardmode, err warrior to keep you on your toes. There supposedly a beta around with a new paperdollesque ui, but its pc only.

Gord

Arcane
All choice of games have android versions

Since I've now broken down and got one of dem new smartphones the kids keep talking about, I checked out the Choice of Vampire :codexisfor: game from the playstore (the free first two chapters).

While playing them on the phone works well, it seems that the game does not manage to reliably keep track of my decisions (e.g. I freed my vallet after I left Vicksburg and provided him with a farm. Once in Memphis I however got a letter that implied I had made him a vampire and he's on the run now).
Anyone noticed similar issues?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom