Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, World of Tanks, I play it, here's some criticism.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Oh wow.

World of Tanks operations in Russia and Belarus will be transferred to Lesta Studio
Over the past weeks, Wargaming has been conducting a strategic review of business operations worldwide. The company has decided it will not own or operate any businesses in Russia and Belarus and will leave both countries.
Effective March 31, 2022 the company started the process of closing its studio in Minsk, Belarus and transferred its live games business in Russia and Belarus to local management of Lesta Studio that is no longer affiliated with Wargaming. The company will not profit from this process either today or going forward. Much to the contrary we expect to suffer substantial losses as a direct result of this decision.
Going forward, in all other countries Wargaming will continue to operate World of Tanks as before. The game servers will be operating as usual, and players' accounts, as well as their in-game property accumulated through purchase or any other means, will remain unchanged.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/wot-operations-update/
https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2022/0...the-eu-realm-new-eu3-eu4-servers/#more-129118

RU players, if the migrate, will lose their nick if someone on EU has it. Oh boy.
What did poor Belarus do to deserve this? Fuck wargaming, warthunder is better anyway.

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Nigfy If I say something it's because I know it's the truth.

https://theconversation.com/3-reasons-belarus-is-helping-russia-wage-war-against-ukraine-177984

Belarus is a strategic stage for Russia​

The border between Belarus and Ukraine stretches about 674 miles – roughly half the length of Ukraine’s border with Russia. This significantly expanded Russia’s base for attacking Ukraine.

Belarus and Russia conducted large-scale, joint military exercises ahead of the Feb. 24 invasion of Ukraine. Despite public assurances from the Belarusian government that the Russian troops would go back to Russia, some 30,000 Russian troops extended their stay in Belarus, and many eventually crossed into Ukraine.

Lukashenko continues to follow Putin’s orders as the war escalates.

Putin put Russia’s nuclear forces on high alert on Feb. 27, raising international concern. That same day, Belarus scrapped its commitment to remaining nuclear free following a public referendum vote that was rigged, international experts say. This change in Belarus’ constitution would allow Belarus to physically host Russian nuclear weapons.

Belarus’ military ties to Russia have strengthened since 2020.

Lukashenko announced in September 2021 that Russia would send military equipment, including helicopters and air defense systems, to the Belarusian-Ukraine border.

Two months later, Lukashenko broke his neutrality on Crimea, a Ukrainian peninsula that Russia forcibly annexed in 2014. The Belarusian leader publicly recognized that Crimea was Russian territory. Lukashenko also offered to host Russian nuclear weapons if NATO moves nuclear weapons from Germany to Eastern Europe, as had been reported.

Lukashenko repeated his plan to station Russian warheads on Belarusian soil on Feb. 27, 2022, speaking at a polling station on the day of the referendum.

Russia’s ability to place nuclear weapons in Belarus has raised alarm for neighboring NATO countries, chiefly Poland, Latvia and Lithuania, as well as the U.S. and other Western powers.

By hosting Russian troops and weapons, Lukashenko has shown that he is closely aligned with Putin — despite the popular will of the Belarusian people to maintain distance.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
lol, guess Victor doesn't want his hard earned billionaire yacht and Cyprus bank being raided.

Confirms what I always knew though, Despite the vastly lower player count -EU/US servers is always where the big money was.

Oh wow.

World of Tanks operations in Russia and Belarus will be transferred to Lesta Studio
Over the past weeks, Wargaming has been conducting a strategic review of business operations worldwide. The company has decided it will not own or operate any businesses in Russia and Belarus and will leave both countries.
Effective March 31, 2022 the company started the process of closing its studio in Minsk, Belarus and transferred its live games business in Russia and Belarus to local management of Lesta Studio that is no longer affiliated with Wargaming. The company will not profit from this process either today or going forward. Much to the contrary we expect to suffer substantial losses as a direct result of this decision.
Going forward, in all other countries Wargaming will continue to operate World of Tanks as before. The game servers will be operating as usual, and players' accounts, as well as their in-game property accumulated through purchase or any other means, will remain unchanged.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/wot-operations-update/
https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2022/0...the-eu-realm-new-eu3-eu4-servers/#more-129118

RU players, if the migrate, will lose their nick if someone on EU has it. Oh boy.
What did poor Belarus do to deserve this? Fuck wargaming, warthunder is better anyway.

Gaijin won't be far behind.

Monk

Arcane
F9MXMzTWQAAUvd1

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Any juicy drama with WoT those days? I haven't paid any attention in ages.
I haven't touched WoT for a couple of years, but I can guess that it's same as usual - they just keep adding some retarded tanks, that only existed in some crazy engineer's twisted mind, adding more OP premium tanks, while nerfing the hell out of the old ones. It used to be a fun little game 2011-2013, but then it all went down the tubes, because of Wargays immense greed.
Anyone plays this game? I returned to it - seems cancerous and they went overboard with pay to win, but what's new here...
Did they change the crew perk system? I remember they were planning to implement some changes, that would fuck it up even more, than it already is, like you would need 3billion years of grinding to max a crew member. :M

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I don't understand how it can keep going. Have they introduced any new mechanics, or are you still stuck to more tunnel maps?

Compare to the development War Thunder has seen throughout the past five years.

Heh, and to imagine that that one faggot has been streaming the game for living this entire time. What a cruel fate.

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Any juicy drama with WoT those days? I haven't paid any attention in ages.
I haven't touched WoT for a couple of years, but I can guess that it's same as usual - they just keep adding some retarded tanks, that only existed in some crazy engineer's twisted mind, adding more OP premium tanks, while nerfing the hell out of the old ones. It used to be a fun little game 2011-2013, but then it all went down the tubes, because of Wargays immense greed.
Anyone plays this game? I returned to it - seems cancerous and they went overboard with pay to win, but what's new here...
Did they change the crew perk system? I remember they were planning to implement some changes, that would fuck it up even more, than it already is, like you would need 3billion years of grinding to max a crew member. :M

Yeah, the game at the beginning was very fun, now it's kinda a disaster and a trainwreck...

I don't understand how it can keep going. Have they introduced any new mechanics, or are you still stuck to more tunnel maps?

Compare to the development War Thunder has seen throughout the past five years.

Heh, and to imagine that that one faggot has been streaming the game for living this entire time. What a cruel fate.

No new mechanics except more stuff to but to be more overpowered and even more hulldown tanks.
Which faggot is it? Quickybaby?

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Last time I played they had this still hunter mode or something, where you would pick a tank and then drive around the map collecting upgrades and ammo. Once you kill someone you would also get points which can be used to upgrade your tank. The point of the game mode was to just kill everyone else. The map would also consistently shrink. But I think this is not a permament mode. They turn it on and off occasionally. People would also exploit it by waiting when the pop of the server is low enough, so two friends can join the same game and just kill everyone else as a team.
Game was P2W from day one (gold ammo).
Funny, but it was better when this was the case lol. Right now you can buy gold ammo for silver, so everyone and their mom drives around at formula 1 speeds on french wheeled light tanks spamming gold ammo left and right. Makes heavy armoured vehicles absolutely useless. Yeah, and that's suppose to be a game about TANKS. :M

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Yeah, gold users got mercilessly trolled in chat. Now it's just a given to see full ammo racks of gold.

Game was at its best under SerB, does he still work there?

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, gold users got mercilessly trolled in chat. Now it's just a given to see full ammo racks of gold.

I think he was fired for pro war comments or some shit like that. Apparently despite having the vast majority of their players in ex ussr, WG gets most of its revenues from the west, so they didn't want to lose that market.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
SerB was fired? Wow, times sure do change.

YewTube was spamming me recommendations about WoT videos, in which this thing came up.

PttQxsR.jpg

TS-54, a double barreled American heavy tank. Uh huh.

One of the heavy tank projects presented to the Aberdeen Proving Ground committee in 1954. The vehicle with a classic configuration had a twin gun system in a massive turret with a developed rear recess. Both American and British guns were suggested as the main armament. The project was deemed too ambitious, and the efficiency and practicality of such armament raised some serious doubts. The concept was shelved, no prototypes were built.
Has a real world 525 hp engine that somehow gives 800 hp in game. Notice the two 30mm cannons on the sides of the turret. Yeah. Gonna be one busy turret.

Yeah. A tank that doesn't exist anywhere outside of the minds of WarGayming. Why even pretend at this point?

But you think this is bad enough?

You can't actually buy the tank. You can "rent" it with WoT+ subscription :lol:

fizzelopeguss

Arcane

I think he was fired for pro war comments or some shit like that. Apparently despite having the vast majority of their players in ex ussr, WG gets most of its revenues from the west, so they didn't want to lose that market.

Well, in that case fuck him then. They have/had hundreds of employees in Kiev. Some things you just keep your mouth shut about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom