Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, World of Tanks, I play it, here's some criticism.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

If some of fan based statistics is correct, there are now ~900k E25s in players hands (on RU cluster I guess).
Simultaneously it's WR is now lower than 50% and continues to drop.

Did they nerf it besides claiming they retired it from store so they wouldn't have to nerf it?
I like the ninja turtle, but it definitely needs the driver to know what he's doing to perform half decent. (IE: Don't bumrush a higher-tier heavy over open ground like the idiots in that video).

I'd be sad to see it nerfed into uselessness just because it's not russian.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Nope it's as imba as it was + preferential matchmaking.

And don't tell me you believe in fukkinrussianbias after T110E5 got 300 effective armor in it's cupola :M
I'm p. sure WG policy is "We don't nerf premiums" too.

I like the ninja turtle, but it definitely needs the driver to know what he's doing to perform half decent.
It has 3000 DPM. Even people who have no idea what they are doing or a cat are very dangerous driving this thing.

Last edited:

Idiott

Arcane
Implementation of this shit is so retarded they couldn't have thought it up sober. Why the fuck are you required to buy X emblem if you want Y bonus rather than buy Y bonus and choose emblem graphics for that? Too hard for their 'programmers' I guess.

They should just allow custom graphics for emblems for $ so people can ride with dongs on their tanks.

aron searle

Arcane
So emblems give you +3% meh.

At tier 6 and 7 seems to me you can still make enough money to rent such things (full camo, emblems, writing) and never have to pay gold.

Only ever take 2 rounds of silver purchased premium into battle.

So I'm happy that it is still not P2W.

(Don't give a shit about tier 8-10 because that's always been a gold sink)

Shadenuat

Arcane
They can give up to 12% (or even 14%?) if you're at full HP tho.

And what classes in the game usually end up with full HP even at the end of the match? :lol:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
They can give up to 12% (or even 14%?) if you're at full HP tho.

And what classes in the game usually end up with full HP even at the end of the match? :lol:
They scraped the idea of Emblems etc giving bonuses due to community backlash.

aron searle

Arcane
hey can give up to 12% (or even 14%?) if you're at full HP tho.

I just can't say I care.

I've gotten mastery badges/good medals on tanks when they are still on 80% crew skills, and I consider myself only above average.

OK, 14% is a bit of a pee take, but it is not game breaking or P2W IMO.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
How is the IS-3 these days? I'm told it got buffed at some point and is now even better than it was. But I have to admit I never had any damn luck in it. After 3 days of the worst teams and matchmaking I have ever seen I quit the game and never made it to the IS-8/T-10.

Idiott

Arcane
There's free tier 3 tank (aka free garage slot) and a bunch of consumables for anyone who win a game between 24.12 and 11.01.

w5gCNjq.jpg

Also, there's a code for 25 chocolate bars that you can redeem on their site:

AXTHGH12BN15MASA

Idiott

Arcane
I don''t think it has ever been cheaper than that. Straight discounts are somewhat rare as they usually raise the price and add some shit then sell it with 'discount' while it costs exactly the same as before.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Sorry I wasn't able to do more sir. Kindly requesting more ammunition for my Type 61 (2 HE left at the end)

wot_Type_61_mastery_001.jpg

wot_Type_61_mastery_002.jpg

And here I was thinking I'd never get MT-13 done...

Zerginfestor

Learned
I wonder if this game is as heavily biased in russian stalinium as War Thunder is. I'm guessing no? Seems like people are just going with whatever tank works and enjoying themselves.

roll-a-die

Magister
I wonder if this game is as heavily biased in russian stalinium as War Thunder is. I'm guessing no? Seems like people are just going with whatever tank works and enjoying themselves.
Actually in general, a lot of the game nowadays in high level play is biased towards Germany(Waffle, E-100. Jaegeru,) as well as France and America(Autoloaders and ridiculous armor TD) grant this knowledge is about 5-6 months old and changes could have changed it. Granted at tier 8, where most people play to earn money, USSR still dominates the non-premium market, with the IS-3 being one of the best money makers in the game.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
No.

Game is basically: IS-7, 140, E5. You do see autoloaders quite often, as well as the occasional TD/E-100. What you don't see is any of those contributing to the match results in a meaningful way.

T57 Heavy Tank and Jagdpanzer E 100 still sport "impressive" average damage dealt, but they don't carry games. Tier 10 meds do.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
GG WG, GG.

Remember that WG-awarded arty mod that allowed a different aiming mode to pull of even more delightful skill shots?

Well, someone has no figured out a way to enable aiming whilst in crazy elevations...

Find a rock, point your turret to the sky... and arty can fire behind all cover. All cover.

Shadenuat

Arcane
HvqRrySut0Q.jpg

Nice -chan.

I already spent my first 10 picks though.

JtO8gXo.jpg
WOmEMcV.jpg

P.S Panther 2 is rumoured to get E50 L100 gun with 220 pen, HD model and (slight) armor buff.

I tried
QLlqk0p.jpg

:negative:

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Never again

wot_pantherII_weak.jpg

Also, don't take mission reward crews while drunk. I have a girl crew now in... Pz I C...

Which is all fine and dandy 'cept I don't have a single german tank I'd want to play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom