Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So if I want to grab just one of the Tropico games...

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

Deleted member 11480

...which one should I buy?

Can we have a Tropico comparison thread, I don't really think I should grab all five games as they very likely cover one another, though it's not clear to me which one is the most complete/the best.

Edit: not sure if wrong section or not :M

zool

Arcane
Yes, just grab the Tropico Reloaded pack from GOG (original game + its expansion Paradise Island + Tropico 2 : Pirate Cove). Then you get to enjoy nice isometric-style graphics, along with awesome music of course.

Jazz_

Arcane
The first Tropico was fantastic, and the soundtrack still haunts my mind after all those years.
Tropico 2 was pirate-themed and didn't care for it. Tropico 3 and 4 I have not played.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
4 was pretty enjoyable, too. Once patched...

Avoid 5, though. From what I read, they were going for some new stuff, changing mechanics left and right - and in the process broke the economy and made some play styles pretty much impossible.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Tropico 4 > Tropico 1 > the rest of the series

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom