Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So I just bought Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum off Steam

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Make sure you get Kaelyn the Dove too. You should've already gotten the quest unless you told her siblings to fuck off.

Cynic

Arcane
Yeah I got that quest. I was headed to the witches to learn more about it then I went to the prison to get Gann. I'll check out shadow Mulsantir next.

Cynic

Arcane
Huh? I got mine from Steam it's definitely still there, it's called the Platinum Edition. I recommend getting it from GOG though as you get Mysteries of Westgate with it then.

Last edited:

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
It was removed from steam a while ago, something that had to do with the purchase of atari if I remember correctly. It's still in my steam library, though. You can buy it off GOG and get the last expansion, Mysteries at Westgate.

Erebus

Arcane
Is mysteries of Westgate any good?

Pretty good. Nice urban setting, entertaining quests, no unnecessary combat. It's mid-level D&D (approximately 8 to 14). The only thing I regret is that there's no sorcerer/wizard companion.

Cynic

Arcane
Can you purchase separately from GOG or you have to buy the whole pack?

Cynic

Arcane
Progressed a little through Death Gods Vault, I guess I can't do any more now so I'll head back out. The music in this place was fucking awesome (http://youtu.be/pc_wxPgaLWc) and while the environment was a bit copy pasta from other ones in the OC, there were enough little touches to make it cool.

One interesting thing that they've done in this dungeon is the use atmospheric sound for specific rooms. The scribing room echoes with Phantasmal pens scratching into unseen parchment, the rooms of dead howl with the moans of ghosts. Just when you are in these rooms. It's a simple effect but adds an extra level of depth.

In terms of challenge, I'm not finding this game as easy as others have said. Granted I haven't really done any crafting at all yet and I try to not rest scum but I'm playing on the second highest difficulty and I do have to be careful in some fights. There was one encounter with three death knights in this dungeon that was tough. They hit very fast and very hard, my main dude was hacked to bits really fast. I beat them, but only just.

Having a lot of fun so far, gonna play all day tomorrow if I can, the wife is away for the weekend!

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
There's not much you can do in the vault aside from pick up Kaelyn until you beat Okku. Also, you really should go back to the vault after that, talk to the guy in the furnace room, and pick the [Eternal Rest] option, assuming you aren't playing an evil character.

Athelas

Arcane
For maximum storyfaggotry, you may want to remove the party member limit once you get more party members than you're allowed to bring with you.

After you enterr the console command window, type: rs ga_party_add(name)

'name' is the name of any party member you want to add that isn't already in your party (in Kaelyn's case you type 'dove' instead of her name).

Xor

Arcane
For maximum storyfaggotry, you may want to remove the party member limit once you get more party members than you're allowed to bring with you.

After you enterr the console command window, type: rs ga_party_add(name)

'name' is the name of any party member you want to add that isn't already in your party (in Kaelyn's case you type 'dove' instead of her name).
You'd have to enable debug mode (DebugMode 1) first.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've always wondered about that. Does this not break the game? Is it safe to use that command and still not mess up any story bits?

Xor

Arcane
It shouldn't break anything. You'd have to run the script again if you ever dropped somebody from your party temporarily, though.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It shouldn't break anything. You'd have to run the script again if you ever dropped somebody from your party temporarily, though.
Thanks. This is good to know for any future playthrough. I really wanted to have all of the companions at the same time.

Cynic

Arcane
There's not much you can do in the vault aside from pick up Kaelyn until you beat Okku. Also, you really should go back to the vault after that, talk to the guy in the furnace room, and pick the [Eternal Rest] option, assuming you aren't playing an evil character.

Would have been good if they were a bit clearer about that, I kept thinking I must have missed something and went back through the place a couple of times to be sure.

I'm playing an evil character so I guess I'll have to see what happens.

Cynic

Arcane
Bros, has anyone had this happen - my characters keep doing AI shit even when the AI is turned off and they won't respond to commands. Like I ask them to cast Magic missile and nothing happens. In fact this shit happens all the time in this game, I ask someone to do something and they just don't, it's like they forgot the command or something like that it's pretty fucking irritating.

Cynic

Arcane
Hmm...

Looks like I have different mods installed on this machine.

Is there some non shit way to tell what mods I have installed?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom