Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So I just bought Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum off Steam

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't look this up now, but the scene where he shows up with his army of demons is supposed to foreshadow west harbor's destruction. I think it's even mentioned in dialog when your party shows up that it looks like a demon attack.

Like I said, I can understand Jerro's motives and I found it even more interesting that you can press him about his decisions (not just west harbor but other things he's done too) and make him admit that, just maybe, he was wrong. How many Bioware villains ever express remorse at their actions?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's even better that you can WIN that debate with Jerro in the long run and he breaks down to almost tears over what he's done.

Rogue

Educated
Finally gotten around to continuing the OC. Time passed @ 100% at the keep, so I'm getting ready to rape the king of shadows with my gaycloaks. Has anyone managed to recruit like 10k without sacrificing 'the best of the best' standard? I couldn't recruit any more because apparently there were no more recruits to be found.

Zntrq.jpg

Cynic

Arcane
Shit I have a lot of work to do on my greycloaks and keep in general...

Sannom

Augur
Rogue said:
Finally gotten around to continuing the OC. Time passed @ 100% at the keep, so I'm getting ready to rape the king of shadows with my gaycloaks. Has anyone managed to recruit like 10k without sacrificing 'the best of the best' standard? I couldn't recruit any more because apparently there were no more recruits to be found.

I don't know, if you've done all you could in that respect (I don't know which Sergeant you put in recruitment) then I suppose you can't. Personally, I always went with the 'normal' recruitment threshold, no need to shrink your army when it has so much duties to take care of!

zeitgeist

Magister
Bringing this back from the dead to ask this: are there any modules meant for level 20+ characters? Preferably 20-30 like MotB, or at least 15-25? Or perhaps an overhaul of SoZ that makes it utilize the full 1-30 level range (encounter and loot-wise)?

deuxhero

Arcane
Rogue said:

note that you alreddy have more than the entire population of Neverwinter.

Cynic

Arcane
Necroing this shit because I finally booted this game up again and defended the keep. After 3 fucking years I had NFI what was going on, but I just wanted to finish it and take my char through to MotB. Anyway I beat the reavers and now I'm in the Vale of Merdelain or whatever and thief bitch has gone missing.

I think this is near the end, afterwards I will MotB.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
My last attempt at finishing the OC ended when you have to fight all those groups of guards standing around doing nothing in Neverwinter.

Cynic

Arcane
FUCK this last dungeon and not being able to rest at all ever, fucking annoying bros!

Cynic

Arcane
Bro, I forgot even basic shit about this game came back after 3 years. It was a complete cake walk up till here. Anyway I'm fighting the shadow reavers now, got this far without being able to rest, every time I do I get ambushed by level draining shadows!

Cynic

Arcane
Whoever the retard was who decided to have a hugely stupid unskippable cut scene right before a big battle really needs to be shot.

Cynic

Arcane
Ok bros remind me how to play. How do I turn OFF/ON AI for individual party members? I don't want to control Amon because I can't remember what the fuck his spells do. Also, it really seems as though my characters are constantly unequipping their weapons in combat, is there any reason this is happening?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
level draining shadows!
Shadow Shield, Death Ward

Word of Faith = win any encounter

Ok bros remind me how to play. How do I turn OFF/ON AI for individual party members? I don't want to control Amon because I can't remember what the fuck his spells do. Also, it really seems as though my characters are constantly unequipping their weapons in combat, is there any reason this is happening?
There's only one proper way to handle AI in NWN2:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksOriginal.Detail&id=141

That expands on the options in the behavior tab of the companions, you can tell which weapons (also off-hand weapons) companions use, whether they do weapon switching or not and there are options for casters, even bard and warlock specific. So for instance you could just set Ammon to "NUKE" and persistent buffs. You can also deactive polymorphing/summoning, to prevent the party from summoning their retarded familiars or using wildshape to gimp themselves.

BBMorti

Arcane
:lol:

It can't be easy playing games when you don't even bother to read what a few spells do. Is this why everything is 'streamlined', today?

Gulnar

Scholar
Also Quara is CN but she plays like CE. But she's annoying as fuck; just use Sand when you get him.

I don't get all the hate for Neeshka. But whatever. There are no other rogues in the game, so if you want to get all the loot (which really doesn't matter - you'll be swimming in gold by the end of the game anyway), you'll have to have somebody spam Knock or just break open locked chests (which breaks items).

It's because they both represent what's wrong in writing with the CN alignment. On one hand you get the "highly aggressive guy/girl who want to looks like he has rage issues but really looks like a sociopath without any sense of self preservation", and on another hand you get the "guy/girl who want to looks like a playful trickster but instead looks like a raving idiot without any sense of self preservation". It seems that if you're an npc and you get to the caotic end of the alignment you suddenly get a deathwish.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I never really saw Neeshka as having a deathwish. I mean, the main reason she gets into that backstory-related trouble is because she returns to Neverwinter with the party, but she was headed away from there when you meet her. Actually, her stated alignment is TN but she acts CN. While I'm on the subject, Khelgar acts more CG than NG. The rest of the characters' alignments are fine.

Cynic

Arcane
:lol:

It can't be easy playing games when you don't even bother to read what a few spells do. Is this why everything is 'streamlined', today?

Hey fucker as I said, came back to the game suddenly after 3 years. NFI what was going on at first but I'm all good now, just on the last fight to beat those huge amounts of mini lord of shadows that come at you all good so far.

Yeah what was happening was that my AI weapons weren't set properly or something so they kept unequipping them. Now I set that up right and they don't keep doing that shit, but there are times when Casavir is just standing around doing nothing.

All in all I was quite impressed with The Lord of Shadows himself, looks quite cool and quite a fitting end game boss for a D&D campaign.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom