Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So I just bought Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum off Steam

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
We should try to picture what something sozzy would actually look like. Kinda like how popamole is Mexican food.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Got to Act II. Looks like I'm confined to the city and have to be some bitch squire. Story is unfit for my Barbarian hero. Or for anyone who is "chaotic" or "neutral", apparently. By the way, Wizards do seem pretty powerful now that I've picked one up. Takes a little while longer to get there, but you guys are correct in how diverse they can be with their spells. The Druid is still the team's all-in-one Swiss army knife ball of wonder, though.

Cynic

Arcane
Yep I'm pretty much there as well. Note to anyone who is playing on an ATI card, get the latest drivers. I've just got the 11.3 update for CCC and noticed a huge spike in performance.

Vaarna_Aarne

sser said:
Got to Act II. Looks like I'm confined to the city and have to be some bitch squire. Story is unfit for my Barbarian hero. Or for anyone who is "chaotic" or "neutral", apparently.
You could have joined the Thieves too. There are still chaotic options in the squire business too. The Good-Evil axis makes it much harder to stay neutral though, since you'd need to alternate between good and evil choices a lot.

Cynic

Arcane
I chose the thieves and I still had to become a Squire, but I got to do it through a pretty cool NPC who was kind of like a corrupt knight.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If you go the thieves route it's pretty easy to still be a criminal.

And yeah, I finished my OC playthrough a few days ago and I had to cheat to stay neutral so I could take levels in red wizard. They definitely could have done a better job allowing for neutral playthroughs. You pretty much have to either know which responses don't result in an alignment shift or just be wildly inconsistent and alternate between good and evil responses.

If you really want to you can use console commands to change your alignment:
Code:
debugmode 1
rs ga_alignment(a,b)
debugmode 0
Where a is a number between -4 and 4, and b is the good-evil axis (0) or the law-chaos axis (1). Negative a values are evil/chaos shifts, positive values are good/law shifts.

Gord

Arcane
It's a pitty that game developers cannot into neutral alignment.

It almost always results in doing either stupid alternations between good and evil (or light and dark in KOTOR) or behaving very passive.

Maybe they should try giving out neutral points for neutral actions, shifting your alignment back towards neutral if you are leaning towards some extreme.

Cynic

Arcane
Alright, just did the trial. That was pretty fun. I guess I won? I proved my innocence. But I was wearing my favorite helmet before going in and my inventory was full so since your helmet gets taken off for the trial, naturally my helmet just disappeared. Awesome Obsidian, just awesome. I liked that helmet! I'm going to have to cheat to get it back. Fucking hell. Now to kill someone who's had it coming for a long time...

sser

Arcane
Developer
Speaking of full inventories, are you crafting anything? I'm hoarding all kinds of shit but I don't know what to do with any of it.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Personally I've never used the crafting system in the OC. It's so easy and loot is so plentiful that there's no point.

Vaarna_Aarne

Crafting is extremely useful. Well worth because you have obvious crafting NPCs in your party in both OC and MotB to whom you can delegate the job to.

Captain Shrek

Xor said:
Personally I've never used the crafting system in the OC. It's so easy and loot is so plentiful that there's no point.

Too true.

The OC IS damn easy. I could complete it a compeltely gimped character of a Bard + Harper Agent + Divine champion.

I did it for only one reason: participating in the trial as a Bard. I wanted to see how the perform works there. And it delivers... :)

The game is made easy so that retards with Gimped chars should be able to 'beat the game'.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
In completely unrelated news, I ordered Hordes of the Underdark for one euro a week a go (with postage
emo-emot-smug.gif
). Today it arrived. But on the cover it said Shadows of the Undertide, which was kind of weird. I opened it up and the dvd said it was the whole NWN 1 with the two expansions.

What's more amazing, it came with Neverwinter Nights 2 soundtrack and manual with Obsidian Entertaiment printed on the cover.

Silly Atari.

Captain Shrek

Toffeli said:
In completely unrelated news, I ordered Hordes of the Underdark for one euro (with postage
emo-emot-smug.gif
). Today it arrived. But On the cover it said, Shadows of the Undertide, which was kind of weird. I opened it up and the dvd said it was the whole NWN 1 with the two expansions.

What's more amazing, it came with Neverwinter Nights 2 soundtrack and manual with Obsidian Entertaiment printed on the cover.

Silly Atari.

Where do you live? (country)

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Captain Shrek said:
Toffeli said:
In completely unrelated news, I ordered Hordes of the Underdark for one euro (with postage
emo-emot-smug.gif
). Today it arrived. But On the cover it said, Shadows of the Undertide, which was kind of weird. I opened it up and the dvd said it was the whole NWN 1 with the two expansions.

Silly Atari.

Where do you live? (country)

Finland, you blind.

Fucking typos, yes I'm drunk.

Captain Shrek

Toffeli said:
Finland, you blind.

Fucking typos, yes I'm drunk.

Brrrr.... Ok. I missed that. So... I should be able to order it for Germany...

Cynic

Arcane
I haven't crafted anything yet but I'm going to give it a try just to get rid of all the fucking crap in my inventory. Yes the game is super easy, I think I'm going to go to max difficulty and see if that makes a difference.

The thing I am wondering about crafting is, there are a LOT of magical items sold by the shops...it's not possible to craft every item in the game right? Or is it? Is crafting also just like a means to get enough cash to buy those crazy items or something?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Cynic said:
Yes the game is super easy, I think I'm going to go to max difficulty and see if that makes a difference.

It kinda does, however combat in SOZ specifically checks to see what difficulty setting you have and the baddies will act accordingly.

Vaarna_Aarne

Crafting is mostly limited to generic custom items, which in the end game are generally better than the expensive weapons and armor. This is due to the fact that you can cut the bullshit and focus on the essentials.

You really don't need to think of crafting before you can craft +5 enchantment bonus weapons though, before that it'd be a waste of effort and potentially resources.

Pro tip: Hoard all your valuable gems though.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
So I ordered this off of steam when it was $10 and have been playing it as much as possible. It is pretty fun. I am not up on the 3rd edition rules or whatever and I think my character kind of sucks but the game is easy even on "Hardcore" DnD rules. I am a half elf ranger with a couple levels of divine champion since that is one of the only prestige classes that I qualified for. Is there anything to taking the Neverwinter Nine class? Does it change anything in the game if you take it, or is it just a bullshit class. I haven't done the trial yet, I am still in the cave by Ember and haven't gone to the village yet.

So far this game is easy but surprisingly fun. I am sort of anxious to see how the keep development works. Chapter 1 took about 18-20 hours to complete but I hear that chapter II and III are much shorter.

I haven't crafted yet, but it sounds like I don't need to until later. I had almost 100K in gold but spent it on some items and Port Llast had some cool shit that I couldn't afford. Doesn't matter, though, I seem to plow through most enemies like a $2 whore.

Cynic

Arcane
Yeah it really is a cakewalk in terms of difficulty. I looked at the difference between the hardest mode and hardcore D&D and it seems the only difference is "NPCs do 2x damage" which I guess makes fighting bosses harder only? I'm a wizard/fighter/eldritch and with Qara in the party I am just walking through every fight. Adding a 5th party member just made things easier.

Basically, I like this game a lot, the art direction in the duskwood was so awesome. I wish that place was bigger. My 2 biggest complaints (besides the obviously poor optimization) would be the companions and the lack of challenging encounters. But overall it's great. Looking forward to playing more each night. I find myself really hating Neeshka so much, I don't want to take her anywhere, she just annoys the shit out of me. I guess I can just walk through traps pretty much now, but I like to pick pocket sometimes, I got some good stuff doing that. Also how hilarious is Shandra's totally out of character, rat-like "raaah!" battle cry? Makes me lol every time.

Act 1 was pretty long but I have a feeling Act 2 is going to end kind of soon. The first act had a lot of filler combat which made it much longer than it needed to be. I think if I played again, I'd definitely make some kind of Cleric...lots of good flails and heavy armour in this game, and flails rock.

Xor

Arcane
Act 2 doesn't end where you think it will. There's a point that would be the perfect point for act 3 to start but it doesn't. So yeah.

It doesn't go on for much beyond that point, though.

Cynic

Arcane
Jaesun said:
You are using Tony K's Companion and Monster AI 2.2 right?

Yeah I'm using it. (I got this file compmonai2.2.zip, I looked inside and it seems it contains the Monster AI as well?)

How come your posts are now automatically hidden to me now...weird.

edit: lol I must have accidentally removed you from my BROLIST

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom