Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So how's Darghul coming along?

Gwendo

Augur
hello?

Lecithina

Educated
Darghul, ach Darghul. Seit ich Teenager war, hab ich das Spiel immer wieder auf meinem Rechner. Damals noch die alte Original Dos-Version als Shareware. Irgendwann kommt man ja nicht weiter, da hab ich halt jeden cm im Spiel abgegrast und noch so einige Dinge entdecken können. Z. B. wenn man mit Röntgenblick vor dem Schloß steht, gibt einem der Koch unendlich Essen, wenn mans nicht grad im Inventar hat und noch viel anderes mehr. Und wie ich die grünen Edelsteine geliebt habe, ich hab damit Muster auf den Boden gelegt. Als ich spitzgekriegt hab, dass man es immer noch als Vollversion erwerben kann, hab ich es sofort geholt. Und durchgespielt, mehrfach hintereinander. Als Teenager hatte eben mein Geld dafür nicht gereicht, jetzt sieht das ja ganz anders aus. Ich bin gerne bereit, mein Geld darin zu investieren, nach wie vor. Solch eine mühevolle Arbeit muss belohnt werden, finde ich. Man kann das ja nicht mit den großen Spieleschmieden vergleichen und ich bin froh, wenn Künstler (!) ihr Geld direkt erhalten. Da gebe ich dann auch mehr aus, als sonst. Mittlerweile habe ich Teudogar durch und fange auch schon an, jeden Winkel vor Sehnsucht abzugrasen. Ja, ich finde die Grafiken ganz toll! Zwar nicht modernstes High-Tech, aber es spricht mich total an, es hat seinen eigenen Charme und Stil! Und ich hab auch schon wieder Felder voll mit Armreifen, Schmuck, Tränken usw. vor und ins Haus gelegt. Ich will nicht, dass es schon wieder zuende ist.

Ich glaube schon noch, dass Darghul irgendwann veröffentlicht wird. Duke Nukem 4 wurde ja auch nach sehr langem Warten veröffentlicht.

Wolf, wir brauchen dich! Wo bist du? Gibts schon Testversionen, kann ich mittesten?

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Vielen Dank, Lecithina! Es freut mich sehr, daß Dir beide Spiele so gut gefallen haben. Mangels ausreichender Zeit und Engagement meinerseits dauert es leider wirklich ewig, aber früher oder später werde ich DARGHUL wirklich fertigstellen.

Wolf Mittag

Developer
Ok, I know it's (and I'm) ridiculous, and I'm the slowest and least committed game developer ever. However, after having spent some more time in Beijing, Inner Mongolia, Germany, and the Czech Republic, I'm now back in Shanghai, and, for the future, have decided to travel less and work more, and also to dedicate more time to DARGHUL. I really want to and really will complete it.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Good to hear you're still on it... If you really get into it again I guess you could crowdfund it for some extra production money.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ok, I know it's (and I'm) ridiculous, and I'm the slowest and least committed game developer ever. However, after having spent some more time in Beijing, Inner Mongolia, Germany, and the Czech Republic, I'm now back in Shanghai, and, for the future, have decided to travel less and work more, and also to dedicate more time to DARGHUL. I really want to and really will complete it.

Heh, if even Cleve can complete a game, what could possibly prevent you from doing the same ?
Seriously though, i think there are quite a few people waiting eagerly for your game, and that includes me obviously...

Jackal

Barely Literate
As someone who has been following this for quite a long time as something of a lurker, I'd just like to say that this seems to be coming along relatively nicely, and I hope to see it completed relatively soon. Just saying, I appreciate the work, Wolf, and am eager to try the final product.

Wolf Mittag

Developer
Thank you for the encouragement. I really appreciate the beyond-believe patience that so many people grant this project. After all the delays, postponements, post-postponements etc, I think everybody who still cares must be completely worn out and sick+tired of it all by now (not to speak of it becoming increasingly irrelevant due to increasing obsoleteness).

Work, travel, a period of illness, some family matters, and miscellaneous other things, meant I didn't have quite as much time to put into DARGHUL over the past months as I would have liked. But development still went on and still goes on (nowadays, again faster and more dedicated), and I will actually finish it at some point.

kentable

Scholar
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Unleash the Darghul unto the world Herr Mittag! Hey you'll probably be done sooner than AoD and Grimoire at this rate. :yeah:

Cosmo

Arcane
Thank you for the encouragement. I really appreciate the beyond-believe patience that so many people grant this project. After all the delays, postponements, post-postponements etc, I think everybody who still cares must be completely worn out and sick+tired of it all by now (not to speak of it becoming increasingly irrelevant due to increasing obsoleteness).

Work, travel, a period of illness, some family matters, and miscellaneous other things, meant I didn't have quite as much time to put into DARGHUL over the past months as I would have liked. But development still went on and still goes on (nowadays, again faster and more dedicated), and I will actually finish it at some point.

Don't let Cleave beat you, ya hear ?

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Come on, release this, Teudogar was great fun if a little simple.

Cosmo

Arcane
Seen on Project Brittania's forum :

While I am still busy translating - and intnd to finish it, rest assured ;-) - I contacted the developer of "Darghul" a German RPG heavily inspired by Ultima quite obiviously and offered to help to translate the game to English. I think it'll be a nice challenge to do the process vice versa.

John

Care to comment, Wolf Mittag ? Does it mean the damn thing is close to completion ?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I will actually finish it at some point.

tc522d4_skeleton-computer.jpg

azerty

Educated
Hi Wolf,

Please, give us some information, even if it's to tell us the game will mabe not be done before end of 2014. We would be glad to know how is your progess and some news about you. What part of the game you last worked on. There is of course the description of the game on the website but it would be so cool to have more information on how it will look, to have some details.

We were all fan of Teudogar and we will wait the time needed to have this new adventure but pease, give us some details on your work on your game, please. Your last message is from august 2013, tell us some new.

And thank you again for Teudogar and the alliance with Rome I hope you are ok and everything is fine for you !

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Isn't it coming out in a month or two?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom