Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community So Crooked Bee made a bet with Chris Avellone...

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Roguey was wrong again :smug:
You're getting a little used to this Youtube unboxing thing, aren't you? Thinking of making a career out of it?
Maybe Downunderlord could start aping pewdiepie and doing LPs of old school CRPGs. He could gain more viewers in a month than Matt Barton in half a decade, which would make for pretty sweet butthurt.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
hey let's make a new bet for Pillars missing the first half of 2015. more wine for the dry zone!

also, yes, more USB trolls!
or just trolls without the USB -- I just fiddle with mine when watching shit on youtube anyway. it's the perfect fiddling toy.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Uh, what's a "dry zone"?

And why are you doing community service
Aren't u evil?

Or is it because you did something evil

Last edited:
Weasel
Maybe someone should have made a similar bet with Cleve some years ago.

My guess is their only reward would be their "mascara tears"...

You naysayers will be eating crow and substantial amounts of it, first when I cruise through 250G like it wasn't even there and then when I release the game on May 1st. I don't want to think about the mascara tears running down your cheeks when you realize it will be DRM forever after and your one shot to get the physical copy has forever passed you by.

There will be only one opportunity to get the box, manual and full solution guide and this will be it. I will video myself after the fulfillment pledges tossing the masters for the DVD and manual into a woodchipper which will spit the fragments into the lake of a rock quarry with the entire surface covered with diesel oil. I will then throw a flare into the quarry causing a massive explosion that can be seen from hundreds of miles away, effectively incinerating even the possibility of anything physical shipping ever again.

Darkzone

Arcane
Dryzone... sounds like it has something to do with women:
A woman can be to dry, for sex. In that case alcohol may act as a lubricant for the spirit of both partners. Or it sounds like a pad or tampon. Fuck what is going on in Australia. Is the sharia already installed there? How can the good old prisoner heirs allow this?
This is clearly a reason why australia is safe from me. I know why i prefer good countries like Ireland, Scotland, Finland, Russia, the entire EE and parts of France, England, Spain and Italy. Luckily in germany we can also drink.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Probably. I assumed it's a place where you are forbidden to drink but I can't believe such places exist, except middle east

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
The man himself. The man who essentially calls me a retard every time I post. The undisputed Queen of faggotry.

You're a cunt...mate.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Probably. I assumed it's a place where you are forbidden to drink but I can't believe such places exist, except middle east
I thought they only existed in the US. There are areas there where alcohol is not allowed. One such area, hilariously, is where the Jack Daniels distillery is located.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_laws_of_Australia#Dry_zones

Dry zones

Many towns and communities ban outdoor consumption of alcohol. Dry zones are often established by local councils after certain areas, such as local city parks, become favourite locations for problem drinking, violence, and anti-social behavior. Some local councils further restrict consuming alcohol in outdoor public areas, such as local streets, footpaths, and hiking trails.

Darkzone

Arcane
Dry zones
Many towns and communities ban outdoor consumption of alcohol. Dry zones are often established by local councils after certain areas, such as local city parks, become favourite locations for problem drinking, violence, and anti-social behavior. Some local councils further restrict consuming alcohol in outdoor public areas, such as local streets, footpaths, and hiking trails.
What a fucked up places in the first world. You cannot order a beer in the public, in a restaurant. Or you cannot drink a Shandy, while you are throwing some meat on the BBQ in the park, to compete with the turks, who brought their entire doner kebab food booth. Nor laugh about some drunk polacks, that are standing before ALDI and drinking Vodka. If not for the sun the suicide rate would skyrocket.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dry zones
What a fucked up places in the first world. You cannot order a beer in the public, in a restaurant. Or you cannot drink a Shandy, while you are throwing some meat on the BBQ in the park, to compete with the turks, who brought their entire doner kebab food booth. Nor laugh about some drunk polacks, that are standing before ALDI and drinking Vodka. If not for the sun the suicide rate would skyrocket.

Northern European Protestants (Britain and its colonies, Scandivanians) have historically had problems with alcohol. These laws are a remnant of that.

Actually, Germans have a drinking problem too, they just don't care:

From the NYT, a map of percentage of adults who admit to binge-drinking:

11well_map-blog480.jpg

The lowest state was Utah, the highest Wisconsin.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Sounds like a nice place. Public drunks are degenerates and a menace. The alcohol culture is very uncivilized in anglosphere countries. Maybe not as bad as in Russia, but chavs and bogans are disgusting plebeians.
And knowing the local laws, it's likely to repel obnoxious young extroverts and older bohemian types alike from moving in.

Darkzone

Arcane
Nice correlation map Infi. Some alcoholics drink in public with friends, but most alcoholics drink alone and in private. And if you belong to the second group, then you know that you have a alcohol problem.

Sounds like a nice place. Public drunks are degenerates and a menace. The alcohol culture is very uncivilized in anglosphere countries. Maybe not as bad as in Russia, but chavs and bogans are disgusting plebeians.
And knowing the local laws, it's likely to repel obnoxious young extroverts and older bohemian types alike from moving in.
Yes we need 'Zucht und Ordnung' and 'Kruppstahl und Leder'. (While my right arm is slowly rising.) JOKE!!!
A to dead sterile environment is also not good and it sounds like a place, where only old farts are living, and dying. But it may be, that my opinion is based upon the fact, that i lived in the St.Pauli red light district.

Naw they put shrimps on the barbie in the land down under.
Beh. Snobbish sterile bug eaters. If i would be in australia, the first thing i would do is run into the outback. Living in the desert or with the crocodiles and mosquitoes is a paradise against this.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
A to dead sterile environment is also not good and it sounds like a place, where only old farts are living, and dying. But it may be, that my opinion is based upon the fact, that i lived in the St.Pauli red light district.
Don't forget us pasty young pencil necks who like to larp edgy anti heroes and warhammer 40K characters on the internet

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So when do we hear of the inevitable Codex party?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom