Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just stick with one champ and one role and you'll get to plat in no time.
You should have a pocket pick or two tho.

Erzherzog

Magister
With regards to Riot and the LoL subreddit, my introduction to reddit was via that subreddit. I did not realize that the rest of reddit is not necessarily a meme-riddled advertising space. So much shady shit goes on in that subreddit that are just so easily proven time and time again. Riot has just such a massive amount of people hooked though. It's clear as day how they are manipulating a lot of things. I can get annoyed with the negative of the Codex sometimes but jesus, at least this place understands that we have the right as consumers to demand. Period. No fucking coddling developers, it's their fucking job, people put pressure on me to perform well at work as they should. I put pressure on developers to do well, as I should!

As for competitive LoL, I feel like all I need to point out for NA is that as much as he was my favorite when I played, Shiphtur being a clear top 2 native NA mid laner for the last 1 1/2 or 2 years says everything that needs to be said about NA. The time of NA seriously competing is dwindling fast especially since Riot runs the competitive scene as yet another advertisement and there's not really anything to help players develop into a team focused competitor. NA's top jungler had a bad half season and quits competitive, what a joke. And apparently EU had massive visa issues partway through this season? There's no integrity in these tournaments at all.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Also, guys, stop blaming your teams. Seriously, just stop. If you're stuck in wherever you deserve to be there, period. This is what a platinum player looks like in gold for example:

J9YRqi0.png

Rv8wQPn.png

DPvrrXi.png

I'm playing support, solo, in dynamic queue, on a toaster with 800x600 resolution and the occasional lag spike. So, from the perception of the average player, I have just about every handicap possible. If you don't climb don't blame anyone but yourself. If you wanna know what you're doing wrong, I'd be happy to help, but I did offer advice on item builds a while back and nobody cared.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
But you see, it's my team what did it wrong, you see?

How can we win if they are all so stupid, ese? I never make mistakes!! And yet I am stuck in copper! Horrible system!!!!

bloodlover

Arcane
TSM
just lost to a challenger team from KR while having the following advantages: two inhibs, 10k gold lead , fed fiora, fed adc and a 3 vs 5 at some point at baron.

Erzherzog

Magister
As others pointed out in there, tribunal is just on hiatus and replays have been in the works for about five years now?

Any defense is null and void. Solo queue was literally the main way to play the game for years, if not since release. It does not take that long to bring it back.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I don't care much about the tribunal, replays or soloQ or any of that shit, but I do care about this and think it's about damn time:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/gameplay/announcing-rotating-game-mode-queue
Announcing the rotating game mode queue
By L4T3NCY
From the original clone-tastic One For All to the frenetic manatee magic of Ultra Rapid Fire, featured game modes provide unique spins on the classic League formula. Now, more than two years after the debut of our first game mode, we’re announcing a rotating queue that’ll bring the alternative action on weekends with a suite of familiar game modes and maybe a fresh face or two.

We’ve specially tuned Champion Mastery so you can earn points in each mode, whether you’re summoning our poro overlord in Legend of the Poro King or chaining Final Sparks in a One For All laser light show. Once Hextech Crafting and loot is live, because the rotating game mode queue is optimized for champ mastery, you’ll also be able to earn keys for your wins and loot chests for your (or your premade’s) S-, S, and S+ games.

Rotating queue will join Classic and ARAM in an upcoming patch, but part of why we’re announcing it now is because two years in a row, we delivered the Ultra Rapid Fire game mode in increasingly absurd ways. While we’re pretty sure you aren’t going to believe us anyway, we’re telling you right now that URF will not return on the first of April. We’re not quite ready to announce the full slate of game modes that’ll feature in the new Rotating queue, but we are ready to share that Ultra Rapid Fire will appear at least twice in 2016.

As for the other modes, we’ll publish the schedule ahead of time once it’s locked down, but we wanted to get in front of any ultra rapid speculation this year so you know you’ll be slapping buttons with a spatula eventually, just maybe not when you were expecting it.

We’re excited for the debut of Rotating queue, so stay tuned for the first rotation schedule and let us know what modes you’re hoping to see make it!
It's still retarded that you can't just play these in custom games though. And it's dumb that you can apparently now earn champion points in these custom games but not ARAMs or 3v3. And that there's no sandbox. And that there's no tribunal, replays or soloQ.

I almost made it to gold last season, was playing really well, got to Silver 1 qualifiers a couple of times, lost both, then the season ended. The new season, it's all shit.

On the bright side, I tilted so badly, got a few chat bans, then had the account suspended for a couple of weeks. So I created a new account, and started leveling it to 30. The cool part is, I own most champs on my main account, but I only play like 3-4 that I've gotten really good with over the years, since I only play ranked games, but with this new account, I just play whatever is available on free rotation or whichever new ones I buy, so I got to play and enjoy all these new champs.

Absolutely loving Mundo and Singed. Mundo you can play top, jungle, even support, heck maybe even mid against some mids. His Q gives him so much versaility, as you can farm with it from a safe distance, stop ganks, harass, surprise people with high damage, etc. Singed is also fun in that troll "poison 5 people" have them beat on you for a while, then run away at low health" way. Nami is also a great support, I am so good at langing her Q too from years of playing skillshot champs, with any kind of half-decent ADC, Nami can wreck a lane. Too bad she doesn't scale well with AP.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Mid is one of the two positions I main this season, and for the kind of champs I play mid (Morg, Brand, Viktor in the past), I really need a tanky frontline to lock things down so i can lay my barrage of skillshot death on the other team, so seeing all these squishy supports/junglers/tops running around and being melted is especially annoying.

Since when does Morg need a tank? You rush hourglass first and use flash ult+invulnerability to initiate. If for some absurd reason you can't manage to walk back out with your E and spell vamp from the ult, while the enemy team is stunned or fled, build a Rylai's or RoA. Morg is plenty tanky for a team fight without a tank.

Since when does Morg need a tank? You rush hourglass first and use flash ult+invulnerability to initiate. If for some absurd reason you can't manage to walk back out with your E and spell vamp from the ult, while the enemy team is stunned or fled, build a Rylai's or RoA. Morg is plenty tanky for a team fight without a tank.

Without a tanky front-line to lock the enemy team down, that's not as easy as you make it sound. If you run into the enemy team, and immobilize yourself with the hourglass, it's fairly easy for them to escape the second part of your ult, especially with all the champs with dashes/mobility. Also, as a mid, you don't really want to run in first, because things can go differently, and if your jungle yi's or top fiora's don't follow or get melted too fast, you'll be somewhere you don't want to be. But with a nice tanky front-line, you can easily hit your Q's and W's, doing massive damage BEFORE you go in, and then jumping in and deleting the enemy team with the ult.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You did say you have managed to claw your way up to silver v, so I'll defer to your vast experience :roll:

Hell, I only managed plat IV on Morg by not positioning like an idiot and using flash offensively. Morg ult is not meant for clean-up. Its for forcing a teamfight wheere the ememy is scattered or stunned.

Yu did say you have managed to claw your way up to silver v, so I'll defer to your vast experience :roll:

Silver 1... I shit on Silver V with my Silver 1 skillz

Also, your whole argument of Rankings is kinda weak. People have different abilities, computers, etc, it's like a professional basketball player telling an amateur player that you don't need to shoot jump shots cause you can just dunk.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yu did say you have managed to claw your way up to silver v, so I'll defer to your vast experience :roll:

Silver 1... I shit on Silver V with my Silver 1 skillz

Also, your whole argument of Rankings is kinda weak. People have different abilities, computers, etc, it's like a professional basketball player telling an amateur player that you don't need to shoot jump shots cause you can just dunk.

If your computer is too slow or your judgement too bad to play morgana, perhaps you should main Sona for a while

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I found the new queue where you select your main position p cool and less raging in chat.
I got gold V after promotion eventho i didnt play 20 games during whole Season V and now in Season VI. If I leave it idle, I might get demoted to Silver at Season VII.

To climb fast, you need to grind one champ/one position and also have a bonus pocket pick incase someone takes your champ.
With Morg, if you cant predict and get timings right when you need to go in the teamfight its better to focus on another champ cause there's still some learning to do.
Whole point with Morg is being an annoying piece of shit that will piss off the opponents so they do stupid shit and get themselves killed.

All this talk made me wanna play LoL a bit, might start it up tonight for a game or two.

typical user

Arbiter
I am stuck in Silver 2, got like 3 promotions? I still have room for improvement but I have hard time winning games as Yasuo since it is mainly late game carry and people in ranked usually ff when they lose their lanes. Still it is one of the most fun champions in the league. 10 minutes before I had fed Le Blanc, Rengar, Teemo and Ezreal and I carried by pulling off good ults and dashing like crazy. We only won because enemy allowed us to crawl to 40 minute and capitalize on their mistakes.

I have to argue, if your team is shit you will lose. It is 5v5, if someone is bad he will drag you down unless enemy is on the same level or he stays back and supports rest. Go ahead tell me I am wrong and prove you can win 4v5 without any lucky stuff like 30/0 Master Yi in 10 minute or playing against brainless vegetables. In my opinion if you want to climb the ladder you have to devote your time. I hit Gold IV last season and probably would go higher if I had motivation to play more. It is because you will lose games and getting back up takes time plus you get better by playing more often. Once you make a breakthrough you will steamroll through divisions until you hit hard spot again. In previous season I got stuck in Silver 3 for several months and when I got to Silver 2 it took me like a week to hit Gold V then another 2 to IV ending with around 50LP.

Right now I can't play ranked on intergrated graphics card as I get drops from 60 to 30fps which makes the game unplayable in teamfights. I already lowered as much as I can my graphics settings yet I still get fps spikes.

My comp IS pretty slow, that's why I don't play some champs like Yasuo or Riven, the lag and uneven FPS would make them really difficult for me, but I am a pretty good damn mid with Morg. I almost never lose lane with her, sometimes even do really well 1v1 against players who are clearly smurfing from higher ranks, and with a tanky frontline I can carry hard most times. But overall, I am not that good a player, for instance I am too lazy to roam to other lanes most times, too lazy to keep track of dragon times and things like that, and can sometimes make bad decisions in team fights and so on. But I know how Morg works pretty well.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I am stuck in Silver 2, got like 3 promotions? I still have room for improvement but I have hard time winning games as Yasuo since it is mainly late game carry and people in ranked usually ff when they lose their lanes. Still it is one of the most fun champions in the league. 10 minutes before I had fed Le Blanc, Rengar, Teemo and Ezreal and I carried by pulling off good ults and dashing like crazy. We only won because enemy allowed us to crawl to 40 minute and capitalize on their mistakes.

I have to argue, if your team is shit you will lose. It is 5v5, if someone is bad he will drag you down unless enemy is on the same level or he stays back and supports rest. Go ahead tell me I am wrong and prove you can win 4v5 without any lucky stuff like 30/0 Master Yi in 10 minute or playing against brainless vegetables. In my opinion if you want to climb the ladder you have to devote your time. I hit Gold IV last season and probably would go higher if I had motivation to play more. It is because you will lose games and getting back up takes time plus you get better by playing more often. Once you make a breakthrough you will steamroll through divisions until you hit hard spot again. In previous season I got stuck in Silver 3 for several months and when I got to Silver 2 it took me like a week to hit Gold V then another 2 to IV ending with around 50LP.

Right now I can't play ranked on intergrated graphics card as I get drops from 60 to 30fps which makes the game unplayable in teamfights. I already lowered as much as I can my graphics settings yet I still get fps spikes.

If you played at a high/plat diamond level you'd be crushing lane almost every game in gold elo, and, in the odd case when you didn't, you'd carry by making plays across the map and teamfighting well. All the crap you're mentioning becomes a complete non-factor. Someone who actually deserves to climb won't run into the fabled 30/0 Master Yi simply because they're pulling far more than their own weight in their games. Gold-elo Master Yi simply won't have the breathing room to acquire 30 kills, because you're putting too much pressure on the map and because your braindead teammates will be stronger (and by consequence less prone to dying) due to global gold and assists you provide them with.

Hell, I remember when I sold my first account, stuck at gold 3, and then leveled my smurf up and got back into ranked months ago. I had improved tons by watching LCS and didn't even know it. Breezed through gold and platinum with an about 80% winrate, encountered no ragers in my games, nobody feeding, nobody doing stupid shit. The explanation is simple: I was playing well enough that I rarely ever let my team fall behind. As soon as I started playing with people on my level, the ragers came back, along with the feeders and the people who do inexplicably stupid shit. Winning teams just tend to mask people's stupidity and toxicity behind gold leads.

If you're still unconvinced, try explaining to me how streamers and pros manage to reach master and challenger consistently. When these guys are smurfing, they DUMPSTER their lane opponents in low elo, and as they reach diamond and dumpstering doesn't happen as often or as hard, they distinguish themselves with their play making, roams, shot calling, you name it. You're simply not on their level or even in the level of some of the guys they dumpster along the way, and that means you have a lot of room for improvement.

If you don't generate some sort of lead in the first 20 minutes the game will always feel like a struggle. Look at your own play. You're doing stupid shit all the fucking time, I guarantee it.

Don't focus on that guy who goes in 1v5 and throw a game that was hanging by a thread at 35 minutes. When you're in gold and find yourself in the sort os scenario where that can actually happen, know you're you're doing something wrong by default.

Focus on that time you went in to help when you shouldn't. That gank you died to because you overextended. The pink wards you never bought or that you misplaced. And most importantly, focus on your skillshots. The ones that you missed that could've turned into a kill, and that kill could've made the game completely different. Not to mention the ones that you miss and result in a thrown teamfight.

You cannot control what kind of teammates you get, do not try. Of note: if you don't want to put in the time and effort, just don't. After all, it's just a dumb videogame. But don't delude yourself into thinking you're being held back by anyone other than yourself.

Last edited:

typical user

Arbiter
If you played at a high/plat diamond level you'd be crushing lane almost every game in gold elo, and, in the odd case when you didn't, you'd carry by making plays across the map and teamfighting well. All the crap you're mentioning becomes a complete non-factor. Someone who actually deserves to climb won't run into the fabled 30/0 Master Yi simply because they're pulling far more than their own weight in their games. Gold-elo Master Yi simply won't have the breathing room to acquire 30 kills, because you're putting too much pressure on the map and because your braindead teammates will be stronger (and by consequence less prone to dying) due to global gold and assists you provide them with.

Hell, I remember when I sold my first account, stuck at gold 3, and then leveled my smurf up and got back into ranked months ago. I had improved tons by watching LCS and didn't even know it. Breezed through gold and platinum with an about 80% winrate, encountered no ragers in my games, nobody feeding, nobody doing stupid shit. The explanation is simple: I was playing well enough that I rarely ever let my team fall behind. As soon as I started playing with people on my level, the ragers came back, along with the feeders and the people who do inexplicably stupid shit. Winning teams just tend to mask people's stupidity and toxicity behind gold leads.

If you're still unconvinced, try explaining to me how streamers and pros manage to reach master and challenger consistently. When these guys are smurfing, they DUMPSTER their lane opponents in low elo, and as they reach diamond and dumpstering doesn't happen as often or as hard, they distinguish themselves with their play making, roams, shot calling, you name it. You're simply not on their level or even in the level of some of the guys they dumpster along the way, and that means you have a lot of room for improvement.

If you don't generate some sort of lead in the first 20 minutes the game will always feel like a struggle. Look at your own play. You're doing stupid shit all the fucking time, I guarantee it.

Don't focus on that guy who goes in 1v5 and throw a game that was hanging by a thread at 35 minutes. When you're in gold and find yourself in the sort os scenario where that can actually happen, know you're you're doing something wrong by default.

Focus on that time you went in to help when you shouldn't. That gank you died to because you overextended. The pink wards you never bought or that you misplaced. And most importantly, focus on your skillshots. The ones that you missed that could've turned into a kill, and that kill could've made the game completely different. Not to mention the ones that you miss and result in a thrown teamfight.

You cannot control what kind of teammates you get, do not try. Of note: if you don't want to put in the time and effort, just don't. After all, it's just a dumb videogame. But don't delude yourself into thinking you're being held back by anyone other than yourself.

I know I have lot to learn to climb up ladder but the thing is if you aren't way beyond your current division then you will need to rely on your teammates. That's my point, you play 5vs5 and unless you have Master tier mechanics then you will struggle. Why those players wreck through lower leagues is because they are experienced in the game so they have excellent decision-making skills and they probably have mastered few champions they've been maining.

I was commenting usual League player that if he plays on Gold or Platinum level then he won't steamroll through let's say Silver.

Like I said, I am far from being good, I often forget about minimap and focus on farming I often don't know what item will let me and my team break through clutch situations or what to build to retain momentum or when force fights for objectives, my mechanics are far from good and I often miss decisive skillshots in point blank range and won't juke enemy projectiles when I need too. But I reckon if I were to be placed in Bronze V then I would struggle to get out unless my enemy is below overall skill of mine. It is math, if one player is boosted then he may drag whole team down because he stunned frontlane as Bard with his ult or grabbed Amumu as Blitz or anything like it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom