Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

typical user

Arbiter
What's dynamic queue? You have to play ranked in teams to get access to the new system?

You select up to two positions you want to play then you get matched with people that have chosen different positions. Then all of you select what champion you want to play on the given position that was selected for you (but game tries to match you in such way that you get the role you preffered when queueing up). Then 3 last people from each team ban one champion, one at the time. Then you pick as in usual draft. Of course you can select Support and then pick AD Carry but if you are in solo/duo then you will be rightously flamed and reported for lack of cooperation and cheating the system.

I have played few games and I don't see why it is bad. I select Mid/Bot and usually wait 1-2 minutes and get the position I picked. No queue dodges and like that. Only tried Normal Drafts.

I think it works perfectly. Previously you have had to be first to pick desired position and hope you didn't get any retards and that people who pick before you would let you get your role. Right now I select what lane I want to play and what champion I would like to play and don't have to worry about first pick to ban him or pick my role. If anything is wrong with Dynamic Queue then it can be solved without touching the concept as it is working fine in my opinion.

The only problem I have is related to matchmaking as I get matched with high plat/low diamonds in normals and I am low gold with lots of games played. You can guess my stats and performance. It was before introduction of Dynamic Queues.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So we'll get skins as rewards only from dynamic queue now? And where is it? I logged in and found only draft ranked.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Draft ranked is dynamic queue. A pure solo ranked queue will launch in a week or so due to popular demand and will use the same champ select, but you can't invite friends to play with you.

typical user

Arbiter
Draft ranked is dynamic queue. A pure solo ranked queue will launch in a week or so due to popular demand and will use the same champ select, but you can't invite friends to play with you.

But why? What's wrong now with ability to team up with your friends?

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Yeah, what I had in mind were full 5 people premades. You won't fight them as a solo/duoQ person, right?

Jozoz

Prophet
There's like a 10% chance of a 5man premade being matched against a non 5 man premade according to Riot.

Jozoz

Prophet
"Our highest priority right now is getting the new champ select up to the quality bar expected. You can see some of the issues we're currently tackling here under the list of bugfixes.
We do not have a release date for solo queue yet. Once we have a target patch date we'll let everybody know."

What a joke of a company.

The "a few weeks" was a straight up lie it seems.

It's so obvious that they're intentionally delaying it so people won't just abandon their beloved Dynamic Queue.

People are calling people saying this tinfoil hats, but tbh I can't imagine this not being the case.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I accidentally played my very first ranked game because they decided to put the ranked queue at the top where teambuilder used to be. I feel all dirty now. (We lost, probably in part because I was pretty drunk at the time.)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I can't bring myself to care whether I'm playing dynamic or solo. I just play it. I don't give a fuck. I don't even care about my rating. After years of butthurt, learning not to care about my rating was what made this game enjoyable for me in the first place.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
LoL.

Played in s1-s3 last season. Mostly in s2.

Just played 10 games. Won 7.

BRONZE 2.

LoL.

Played in s1-s3 last season. Mostly in s2.

Just played 10 games. Won 7.

BRONZE 2.

Welcome to the club. I finished last season Silver 2, was on my way to Gold slowly, this season they've been giving me such shit teams, it's not even funny. Ended up in Bronze 3, now slowly working my way up.

What sucks the most about the new dynamic queue, other than the shitty matchmaking algorithm, is that the old way, sometimes you wouldn't get your preferred roles, so you had to play every role on the team. This led to more variety. This season I am just playing jungle and mid, my best two positions, but I kinda miss playing top or support or adc sometimes.

Jozoz

Prophet
Pretty sure they're pulling a CSGO and trying to fill up the lower ranks.

ELO has inflated so much that Gold 5 was more common than Bronze.

I was D5 last season and ended up plat 4 after going 5-5 - the lowest elo I've been since season 3.

Renegen

Arcane
You can never really start higher than plat when a new season starts, they always do that. Plus, if you're good the low elo games are breeze and a good confidence builder.

Man, I finished in Silver 2 last season, was slowly making my way to Gold, and this season, the matchmaking has been giving me such shitty teams, I ended up in Bronze 3. Been working my way up from that crap, but it's not easy when your teammates are so dumb, they can't stay together or do anything sensible.

Still, enjoying certain champs quite a bit. Been rocking Amumu jungle (pretty much invincible if teammates can have enough brainpower to stay with you during team fight phase), but also went back to Brand mid, which I haven't mained for several seasons, and man, he is still fun. Not a lot of people play him, but when you get the perfect team fight combo off, there is nothing like it. He is also great for catching people unawares, and doing some fun things like bouncing your ult between LeBlanc or Shaco's clones. :)

Jozoz

Prophet
Yeah I'm pretty sure they made initial placements lower than usual.

I went 10-0 on my smurf and got Gold 5 and it had gold 3 MMR last season.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Yeah I'm pretty sure they made initial placements lower than usual.

I went 10-0 on my smurf and got Gold 5 and it had gold 3 MMR last season.

They did, I'm 100% sure. I was kicked from S I to B I with 7/3?
Altought, getting from B I to S V wasn't that hard. I've been just picking Morde/Shaco and facerolling most of the games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom