Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Laughing my ass off at NA players streaming from KR. HotShotGG got owned so hard, 4-10 in the last game and he was unranked. Sneaky and Incarnation play for 12+ hours yesterday and could not get out of D1.

In b4 NA does not get out of group stages at worlds.
CLG's easy-mode group begs to differ.
Although given these groups, I would not be overly surprised if no western teams get out of groups this year.

Also, Hotshot placement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp7sZxM4TDw

bloodlover

Arcane
My post was made before the groups. Yeah CLG got an easy group, assuming we are counting out Koo. Let's face it though, it's not like anyone was expecting NA to go far anyway.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
"White" hope. CLG's jungler is facing visa issues. Balls is having the worst performance out of all bootcampers in Korea. Weak ass TSM in the group of death. GO BRONZIL, BRTT IS A DOUCHEBAG BUT IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE

Erzherzog

Magister
What the fuck happened to Balls anyways? He went from strong threat on NA's greatest team to pretty much half the reason C9 struggled this season.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
He used to be really scary on Rumble and Maokai, but players just fall off. I watched C9's entire run through the gauntlet and can attest he played like absolute ass. A lot of screw ups with ults and TP usage and not a single highlight play. Lemon and Hai (to be expected) had very mediocre performances as well. Incarnation and Sneaky put the team on their backs.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Bought Morde because he's getting banned all the time. Figured must be a powerful champ. Played 20 games, still suck and feed with him. Wtf.

- He can't lane against poke champs. He can't get near minions to farm. He can E them, get a temporary shield and maybe hit one more minion while his shield is up. Then he backs off and lets his enemy free farm the lane. Sometimes his shield isn't even enough, because the poke is too strong, like in case of Brand. Then it's a complete mess, the lane is lost.
- He can't teamfight for shit, cause he's a melee champ. As soon as he gets near anyone, his shield of 300-something hp is of no help at all.
- With no gapcloser, it's very hard even to 1v1 versus a LOT of fast champs like Vayne. Can't kill mid either. Even hitting them with Hextech Gunblade isn't enough. And he's got no escape in case something goes wrong while chasing.
- If by some miracle you manage to be aggressive in lane (due to your shield being able to absorb all poke), you're gonna get ganked. Place a ward - ok, but then 3 minutes later you must back. Place a pink - it'll get rekt as soon as the jungler comes. And frankly, wards don't always help either, given his total lack of escapes.

Wtf. How is this champion supposed to carry games?

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Bought Morde because he's getting banned all the time. Figured must be a powerful champ. Played 20 games, still suck and feed with him. Wtf.

- He can't lane against poke champs. He can't get near minions to farm. He can E them, get a temporary shield and maybe hit one more minion while his shield is up. Then he backs off and lets his enemy free farm the lane. Sometimes his shield isn't even enough, because the poke is too strong, like in case of Brand. Then it's a complete mess, the lane is lost.
- He can't teamfight for shit, cause he's a melee champ. As soon as he gets near anyone, his shield of 300-something hp is of no help at all.
- With no gapcloser, it's very hard even to 1v1 versus a LOT of fast champs like Vayne. Can't kill mid either. Even hitting them with Hextech Gunblade isn't enough. And he's got no escape in case something goes wrong while chasing.
- If by some miracle you manage to be aggressive in lane (due to your shield being able to absorb all poke), you're gonna get ganked. Place a ward - ok, but then 3 minutes later you must back. Place a pink - it'll get rekt as soon as the jungler comes. And frankly, wards don't always help either, given his total lack of escapes.

Wtf. How is this champion supposed to carry games?

Are you playing him solo? Apparently he's a ADC now.
Also, are you leveling up his poke? He doesn't have a closer, but he does have a nice AoE ranged attack.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
You go 2vs2 and first buy Trinity. LOL. Your teammate is the gap closer, the longer he can make the enemy stay near you the faster you three-shot Q.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
You go 2vs2 and first buy Trinity. LOL. Your teammate is the gap closer, the longer he can make the enemy stay near you the faster you three-shot Q.
Are you playing him solo? Apparently he's a ADC now.
Yeah, I play mid with him. I figured his passive could make him into an awesome ADC in theory, but I just never managed to pull off playing a melee champ as an ADC. Alright, gonna go give it a try.

bloodlover

Arcane
Doubelift raped Sneaky yesterday with Morde. He will be nerfed to the ground or people will learn to play against him by the time we hit worlds so no big plays from pros sadly.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Wouldn't say this is nerfed to the ground exactly, but then again I haven't tried him at all: http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-518-notes (this is the patch for worlds, barring hotfixes)
Looks like a nerf to duo-lane with a buff to solo-lane.
I think the established build before was maxing W>Q>E? Might change to Q>W>E now. Maxing E looks like a bad idea: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Mordekaiser (I think these numbers are from 5.17? No health cost on his W atm)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Alright, played Morde as ADC. Got Thresh to support me. Asked him if he knew my abilities, he said no. Needless to say, there was no synergy. Fuck it, can't master all champs. Gonna go play a few dozen games with Karthus now, see how that works out.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
No, E > Q > W. You farm with E, you can't max it any other way. And W sucks.
I was talking about duo-lane. But E looks like shit max in any case. At level 5 it costs 48 hp more and in return you get 1s cd reduction and 120 extra damage. Whoop-dee-fucking doo.
Going mid looks like a bad idea in general since the rework. If you don't have a partner, you're probably better off against tops that are likely melee too. Then you can farm without E and instead max Q for the 700% AD / 260% AP ratios when you hit all three of them. Get Rylai's and Twin Shadows so no one can escape.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Anyone can recommend how to place these teams? Want rewards...

b7777d0f407bd5e1322d2c99f13450f0.png

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
The only thing that is certain is H2K 3rd, Bangkok Titans 4th, TSM 4th. Everything else is more or less up to which teams underperform and which teams overperform.

edit: you could probably put Could9 in 4th too, but rumour has it AHQ are not the hot shit everyone was expecting.

Last edited:

bloodlover

Arcane
C9 1st place. So optimistic :D I am hoping Origen will do well against KT and LGD though my hopes are not very high.

Erzherzog

Magister
Junglers in group B are Kakao, Mountain, Reignover....and Hai.

I mean if C9 make it out of groups Hai should stay playing because in a weak year for junglers group B is probably the strongest in worlds for that position.

Or maybe I'm talking out of my ass, we all know kakao is good, I'm assuming the jungler on an undefeated regular season team is good, and the only one I have actually watched frequently (Mountain) is damn good for certain.

But the fun part is at least one team will manage to surprise. Can't wait.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Got interested in Akali again. Played a few games. Then saw this... Winrate at 25-30 minutes... my god...

4b17c94b5d29f037ec05bfbc6baa4579.png

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Whoa, I should've had more #faith in my picks and taken Fnatic over IG in group B.
A damn well played game there.

Don't wanna get too excited tho'...

edit: Scratch that, all my group B picks are wrong.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom