Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't think there are any rewards for now, but there might be in the future. I guess you get a ribbon when you reach mastery level 5 or something? There's some info on the official site.

Doing placements after not playing actively for about half a year as well. Trying to do it pretty laid back for now, like dodging most matches when I'm forced to a role I'm not comfortable with or having complete assholes as teammates. Rather save the frustration and do something else. Three actual matches so far and two wins. And we took that one loss to 35 minutes even with us having an afker.

Pretty interested to see where I'll get placed, iirc they reduced the meaning of placements this season.

Jozoz

Prophet
Did you play Fiddlesticks? That's the only jungler that really got shafted

I'm a Fiddlesticks one trick pony. He's been nerfed so much already.

Most of the people I know who mained Fiddle have just moved to a new champion at this point. I really thought that now every ability had been nerfed they would at least leave him alone, but guess not.

He's a mechanically easy champion with a negative win rate at this point, which says a lot.

Fiddlesticks is kind of weird because there are a lot of dedicated Fiddlesticks only players. The average Fiddlesticks player has 230 games with him, which is like 80 games more than me (and I'm a dedicated Fiddle only player as well), which REALLY skews his win rate. Basically if someone picks Fiddlesticks it's almost always a Fiddlesticks main. In ranked he has a 50.38% win rate and here the comes the shocker in normals he has a 45% win rate.

The statistics are really quite skewed for this champion, but because he is so disliked by the community people will happily see him nerfed. If you're talking against Fiddle nerfs you might as well be arguing for buffing Nidalee. :cool:

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
I always had a soft spot for Fiddle, he was my main up to level 30 but then I dropped him because I lacked confidence. The dude had like 53%+ win rate for several seasons in a row, you can't be too angry because he was OP for a very long time. Only competitive resulted in nerfs, kinda like Warwick.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I tried Warwick in a normal game, damn he's slow nowdays compared to before.
I did pick wrong runes/masteries, forgot to change from support ones but hitting that 7 minute lv6 seems impossible. I hit it at like 9-10 minutes or so.
Might try him again if I'm forced to jungle but I'll go my old fav AP/AD hybrid runes/masteries. Squishy as fuck, but deals a fuckton of damage with no items.

Jozoz

Prophet
I always had a soft spot for Fiddle, he was my main up to level 30 but then I dropped him because I lacked confidence. The dude had like 53%+ win rate for several seasons in a row, you can't be too angry because he was OP for a very long time. Only competitive resulted in nerfs, kinda like Warwick.

Well when the average player has 230 games with him then the win rate will be affected.

He was probably OP back before they nerfed his fear, but after his fear got nerfed twice, drain range got reduced and his silence took a hit, I'm pretty sure he wasn't a problem.

Sejuani players had an average of like 20 games with her and she and Fiddle shared a win rate of about 54% or so. To argue that they are equally overpowered is nonsense to me, especially because Fids in no way is a mechanically hard to play champion.

My main gripe with it all is that the Magus removal dropped Fiddle's win rate by 4%, which is absolutely huge, when Riot said their justification for removing Magus was that Fiddle wouldn't be affected by it too much.

He always had a minuscule win rate in normals compared to ranked, which I think speaks in favor of just how much people with experience playing the champion matters.

Obviously I'm very biased though.

Renegen

Arcane
Yeah you are biased. His win rate fell from 54% to 50%, boohoo. You had Fiddlestick mains get to the #1 position on the NA Challenger ladder last season, that was after his fear nerf. To go anywhere near the top of the Challenger ladder you need to play the OPs. And Over 45% of the players that play him average less than 50 games, yeah a few mains play him a ton to make the number go to 230 but a lot of the people playing him do quite well despite little experience. Learn to play a champion that hasn't been OP for 3+ seasons, he's balanced now.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Completed the placement patches. Went 8-2 and got the....
CkVtlx5.jpg

:negative:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If you keep winning after placements you'll usually get to slip a division or two

Plus you had lowest kill participation on your team :P

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
This game was decided from the champ select cause of Trynda smurf. We were still warming up laning and he knocked out their inhib tower at like 15 minutes.
Had that Trynda in previous game too with similar results.

Aint much I can do against Cait/Alistar lane, I pull Cait and Alistar does his WQ combo. Repeat. But its the only game where I got B for Blitz, all the other ones were A or S. Its ok to get carried sometimes. :)

And fuck Rito for stealing 400 MMR points from me.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Going 5-5 should put me in Plat V at lowest if it was Season 4. I went 8-2.
Putting me in Gold3 means atleast 50-100 games more in elo hell rollercoaster to get where I was last year.

Renegen

Arcane
Meh I believe that even a skill difference of 200 MMR should lead to a really high win rate, you'll get there quick.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Meh I believe that even a skill difference of 200 MMR should lead to a really high win rate, you'll get there quick.
In the game where the victory depends on a coinflip - did YOU get a retard in your team or did YOUR ENEMY - mmr is irrelevant.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If there's a troll in your game and you aren't it
Odds of there being a troll on your team 1/4 - 25%
Odds of there being a troll on enemy team 1/5 - 20%

:troll:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Lel, just left champ select with a salty dude that wants to supp. As first pick I told him no, I'd like the elo.
Dude just picked Graves to fuck with me. And the game loaded and he's afk.
You cant carry this.

Renegen

Arcane
I had a guy (girl?) who was forced mid Orianna even she never played the role. Every teamfight she does really badly, like missing her ult on everyone. Our Thresh and even a bit of me rage back at her for being so useless on the mid carry that we're losing control of the game. She rage quit. We all panicked and felt like shit. 4 minutes later she came back because she really wanted the elo and then carried with some amazing Ori ults while we all shut up. I think half of all the trolls I've had that were bad enough to afk or do stupid shit cared way more about the elo than showing us who's boss.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Lel, it was the worst game ever. I played so bad. Had more deaths than in last 10 games combined. Went 2/16 or some shit.
:0-13:

Erzherzog

Magister
Holy fuck was runeglaive not playtested at all? I loaded a match and 3 of the enemy team had smite.

Turns out some pros have been playing AP bruiser Nasus maxing e and chunking carries with it. So lame.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sigh, should've known that the only way to win is to not play. After a good start, placements went to complete shit and I ended with 4W 6L. Got placed in Gold V. A whole tier down.

edit:
My earlier assessment was correct. Just went on a 10 game losing streak.

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Oh man, TSM got stomped so hard I thought they were playing vs SKT.
So well played by Gravity, baited and counterpicked their comp. Eat shit Ezrael.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Holy fuck was runeglaive not playtested at all? I loaded a match and 3 of the enemy team had smite.

Turns out some pros have been playing AP bruiser Nasus maxing e and chunking carries with it. So lame.

Implying Nasus needs runeglaive to 2-3 shot carries. Not a single pro actually plays Nasus by the way: http://www.probuilds.net/champions/Nasus

Probably Sirhcez (streamer) trolling with it might've inspired some people, but AD is still vastly superior. Ezreal seems to be the only broken champ with it, and that's partially due to a bug that makes Luden's proc off his Q when he has it (or something like that).

But yeah, I agree that him alone shows Riot goofed on this one, and the bug was supposedly reported on the PBE beforehand too. But you think this is bad wait until the Devourer rework hits live servers (if it does at all).

Here's a preview:

And this is far from the worst offender. Master Yi with semi permanent true damage will be so fun to play against.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom