Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
It's kinda funny though, since I've seen the idea floating around with removing crits completely and replacing them with flat auto damage increase proportional to the crit, so riot just nicked that idea for a single character instead of using it across the board. Will be interesting to see whether she becomes a popular competitive pick.

Renegen

Arcane
Ekko has 3 slows in his kit, 1 hard cc, 2 mobilities, yeah he looks pretty crazy. But he's AP and he has little burst, he should be interesting to play. I hope it's not just mid lane.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Ekko has 3 slows in his kit, 1 card cc, 2 mobilities, yeah he looks pretty crazy. But he's AP and he has little burst, he should be interesting to play. I hope it's not just mid lane.

Apparently he makes a potent jungler as well.

Its fitting that a champion who uses time powers relies on timing to effectively use his abilities.
I still think his mohawk is dumb though.

Erzherzog

Magister
-Play Wukong a metric fuckton
-Git gud
-Win many games, bring him to level of my Xerath play
-"I wonder if I can play Viktor?"
-Sort of
-Spree of "I wonder if I can <blank>"
-Definitely can not play Nasus
-Flail around
-Start playing Xerath only again
-"Oh god it has been weeks since I played Wu"
-Try it anyways, see how it fits me

KTqZ3FO.gif

Even better actually, nu-cleaver gives CDR, Health, AD and ArPen in a more fighter healthy mix than before.

Erzherzog

Magister
Its still got my S4 rank because i've only played 6 ranked so far this year and got lucky to get Xerath in 4 of those so I'm 5-1 in placements. Too afraid I'll lose the rest so I'm trying to get 3 champs I'm comfortable playing against the gold 4s from the last one. Sona may just be my third so I'm spam practicing her.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Its still got my S4 rank because i've only played 6 ranked so far this year and got lucky to get Xerath in 4 of those so I'm 5-1 in placements. Too afraid I'll lose the rest so I'm trying to get 3 champs I'm comfortable playing against the gold 4s from the last one. Sona may just be my third so I'm spam practicing her.
The qualification games don't really matter that much. For instance I was S2 before. Then I lost 7 qualification games out of 10 and got placed in B1. Won 2 games and got placed into S4. Then within 10-15 games, I was back in S2 because the system was giving me huge amount of points and was allowing me to skip the 3 games to pass into the next rank. So it really doesn't matter how you play the 10 games, you'll be back in your old bracket in a day or two.

And I suppose if you win 9 qualification games out of 10, you'll be placed in Gold, but then the system will be punishing you super hard for a loss and will only be giving you a few points for a win, so as to put you back in Silver.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And I suppose if you win 9 qualification games out of 10, you'll be placed in Gold, but then the system will be punishing you super hard for a loss and will only be giving you a few points for a win, so as to put you back in Silver.
Honestly I have no Idea how the LP/Placement system works behind the scenes, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't like the way you described.
For instance I first played ranked early Season 4 when I was quite new to the game, got placed bronze 4 or sth and went on a ranked hiatus. I just recently started playing ranked again, won 9/10 of my placements... and got placed Silver 5. Felt pretty awkward after rocking the placement matches. Expected more.

No Great Name

Arcane
If you are placed in gold, you can't fall to silver unless Riot resets everything. There was a time a couple months ago where I was on a terrible losing streak (bad teammates, afks, my own mistakes, etc.) to the point where my ranked matches were placing me against people from bronze III. I was still in gold V. Then two weeks later I actually started winning games again and got to gold III, being placed against high golds.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Oh? Used to be that you couldn't fall beyond S5, but falling down from Gold was fair game. Guess they changed that.

Erzherzog

Magister
What's with the Teemo/MF hybrid champs in that picture?
Is it Ekko?

Affirmative. The two diamond 5s duking it out were crazy and the enemy one actually got the first kill but then my team solo killed the other, after that he could simply burst their team. Early thought but Ekko actually seems to work well as a champ. Assassin playstyle but has some decently difficult stuff to land it seems.

Oh? Used to be that you couldn't fall beyond S5, but falling down from Gold was fair game. Guess they changed that.

It seems they are subtly making it easier to make gold as time goes on.

EDIT: Since you guys are more amused by me being silver I decided to play a ranked game.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1839729475/44226535?tab=overview

Enemy team 2 golds 1 plat, my lane opponent was Gold 4. Got hard carried by first pick teemo instalock (yes!) and smashed my lane opponent. Though our teemo was clearly a smurf. Improved to 5-0 as Xerath this season.

So nyah nyah.

Last edited:

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Your on S1 G5 mmr nothing more look at the master yi who was in your game.

Anyway i don't like ranked anymore because it is frustrating to see how dumb your teammates are.

There is just no fun in it.

Renegen

Arcane
Who the fuck gets dropped from gold 3 to bronze 3, wut.

edit: Erzherzog, it looks like the Jinx was a smurf too lol. dem placement matches put you with crazy people.

Last edited:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
That game was the first time I ever gave a shit about Dig. They played really well.

This NA season is still fucking embarrassing though. Everyone is bad and equally bad.

Erzherzog

Magister
NA is going to get destroyed at worlds at this rate. As in not even really contesting against EU or TW. Years of not building homegrown talent are about to take their toll, and it's saying something when the only team that might improve strongly is Team8. And what it says is not good.

Still, if it's the only way Shiphtur and Dig are competitive, oh well.

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ye, I was a bit suprised by the low level of entertainment in NA LCS.
Liquid was the worst, when they snowball, they finish in 45 minutes.
EU was fine except Gambit underpreforming.

Btw, just read sweet news that EU finals will be held in Stockholm in Hovet arena.
I might go, I'll ask some guys at work if they're interested and buy some plushies while I'm at it.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Picked it up a bit, thought it was time to finish placement matches after 6 months or so of not playing. 4-1 as of now.
Games were in the bronze quality so far, had luck in last 2 where I got first pick, banned Morgana and wrecked the botlane with my Blitz.
Gona be fun to see what rank I get.

When did they add this Mastery score and what use is it? Most played champions but with levels and xp?
Also noticed that I cant play ranked with who I want, eventho I didnt join the league yet it wont let me play with Silvers, only Gold and Diamonds cause I was plat last year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom