Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Look at that picture. Misogyny in action. Why isn't the team forced to include more women of color?

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Wrong thread bro. Although there was that whole Krepo blackface ordeal...
And there is also the issue of reddit mods up to shady business these days...

Last edited:

Erzherzog

Magister
Actually since this is the only time this will be remotely related to LoL discussion, one of the team psychologists had an AMA recently and his second reply was some feminist mumbo jumbo really kind of annoyed me...

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...eldon_green_professional_esport_psychologist/

So now picture that you have to do this as a woman, and you know that once you actually get to the top level, you will actually be discrimated against and you will not get a fair shake according to your actual skills.

Meanwhile challenger tier is 99.9% male. Rings kinda hollow. Granted there are a couple male D1s in the pro scene but they're holdovers from an older time afaik.

panda

Savant
So now picture that you have to do this as a woman, and you know that once you actually get to the top level, you will actually be discrimated against and you will not get a fair shake according to your actual skills.
Uhm... why?
I mean, sure, shit happens, but he sounds like it is 100% chance according to his 200+ previous female challenger players interactions.

Reads the post...
BTW Just to be clear I'm a feminist.
Oh

On topic, though.
It is interesting how easily Krepo says what needs to be done sitting on analysis desk or commenting, yet how much Elements struggled to close their game against Giants. Sort of sad but they really do not deserve play offs spot.

Renegen

Arcane
There was a high D1 support player that was female that I watched streaming and she said there was discrimination against her but not necessarily in terms of skills but on things like the guys being afraid she would "disturb" the fragile balance on the team, that someone would fall in love etc sort of how for a long time ship crews didn't want a woman on board. The teams themselves have a lot of inner politics, for example Doublelift always being the leader even thought he sucked at it and dragging his team down yet it was still more important for him to keep that leadership and spotlight then let the team succeed. I imagine the women could complicate the inner politics even more or maybe just some of the guys don't want an unknown variable in the mix.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I don't really get the "oh noes the horny teenagers will fall in love" thing. I mean, statistically there has to have been some pro gay dudes and there's no "TEH GAYS WILL RUIN THE TEAM" talk.

On a different note, I hope Coast wins today just so they're 2-16 but 2-0 vs Winterfox.
:troll:

panda

Savant
I can get this as real concern but don't think it is such a big deal as you/she put it though. More like obstacle similar to e.g. language problem with foreign players - some managers risk and add koreans even in expense of communication, some don't.

To put things in perspective:
So now picture that you have to do this as a russian, and you know that once you actually get to the top level, you will actually be discrimated against and you will not get a fair shake according to your actual skills.
Korean players are picked overseas, russian players are not. Surely it is russophobia guys.
BTW Just to be clear I'm a russian nationalist.
Sounds overblown, even though Alex and other Gambit players not a single time highlighted actual problems related to being russian citizens.

Last edited:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron

AromaticObeseAurochs.gif

Also, the URFitational was amazing. VoD for anyone who missed it:

The following PTL (where the above gif is from) had some extra fun bits too:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
There are ragers in ARAM and in U.R.F. you can actually pick the OP champs and abuse people who don't. No surprise... Funny thing though is that there are so many broken champs.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I love playing AP Xin on URF. High attack speed => always in air enemy => death.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I tried URF last year, and it was by the time everyone had already figured out the best champions for it. So I came in it to have some fun playing Syndra, spamming balls and stuff, but there's not fun to be had against the broken champions. I get that a lot of people are into it, but the only redeeming factor for me was that it was over quickly.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Well, the fun part for me is finding broken champs that people don't spam. Xin, AP Malph, Voli with "zero" CD W (OK, that one is hard vs. all the hyper-mobile champs people spam), Eve, but I guess everyone plays her now.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
TP/Smite seems to be a new "thing" for toplaners who can survive without Flash and who usually stack health anyway. Had a Shyvana in a game earlier this week who did quite good with it.

Erzherzog

Magister
Moderately excited for the Wild Card Invitational, the pure novelty of seeing all the minor regions facing off is entertaining. Predicting BR>TR>SEA>OCE>JP>LATAM>RU because I can.

Having trouble playing the game itself though. East coast lag is at the point that it's severely impacting my game, when I play as Xerath and ult, if I cast my first bolt right away it literally lands at my characters feet. And this has been going on for YEARS. Riot Games is like the management of Chicago Cubs, they make too much money to truly have that drive to improve the product but learning a MOBA is so time intensive so who is going to try them all out to find the "best"? And only Dota 2 and LoL (and Smite?) are doing anything better than a simple licensed cash grab.

I used to play shooters primarily, I feel like I'm about to upgrade my PC and go back to that. Haven't even finished my provisionals because I'm playing against golds now and I just don't feel that talented, don't want to lose the rest and drop down to silver and be stuck there for eternity again.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
TWO STOMPS TODAY VIVA BROOOOONZILLL HUEHUE3hu3hu3

Go INTZ

:ehue::ehue::ehue::ehue:

(btw if you think twitch chat is cancerous on every other day, just be glad you can't see what's written in portuguese on the Riot channel - as an example, while EU and NA fans write shit like "SEX HER" when sjokz is on screen, which is offensive but has it's sort of innocent charm, the 16 and under brazilian retards say stuff like "I want to suck those fucking titties" and "put a dick in that bitches' mouth to shut her up")

Renegen

Arcane
Cloud 9 Hai retiring, wow. He was the team leader and stepped down even though he didn't have to just yet.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Haven't played much lately, but considering making another go. How does this sound for champion pool? Top: Nautilus, Liss, Heca. Practicing Darius cause dunks. Jungle: Naut, Voli. Support: Naut, Nami, Vel'koz. Mid: Liss, Vel. ADC: Fuck it, I'll dodge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom