Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
(he requires a fuckton of communication so not really a good soloq pick)
That's what I thought about Rek'Sai and yet he started off with a very high winrate and now has an average one. I tried playing him, but I don't get what use it is to play him in loloq when I can't tell anyone what my champ hears through the walls. And yet somehow he maintains a good winrate. No idea how.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I didn't like it cause it's another champ with no face. Rito can't draw (and therefore avoids drawing) faces to the point where it's almost absurd.

Jozoz

Prophet
It's the trend that is going on with the game, the vast majority of characters being released have great mobility tools in their kit while at the same time not losing in damage or utility to older champions that doesn't have any kind of escape/gap closer. Braum for instance offers a ton of utility to his team while also having a fairly big jump. The older champions that retain their popularity are pretty much the ones that already had great mobility, such as Leblanc, which also have one of the very best bursts in the game, stellar roaming and wins her lane pretty brutal. In terms of quantity and quality she offers as much as, say, Morde or Malzahar, which is a good mid laner that I really enjoy but is absolutely not viable in the competitive scene as far as I know, you can't expect the best players in the world to not capitalize over Malza while he simply stands there supressing one target while doing the same to himself.

This is a huge problem. Of course LB, Morde and Malzahar are three different kinds of mages with different strengths and weaknesses (not so much for Malza and Morde though, they share many weaknesses especially lack of mobility), but the point is, there is no reason whatsoever to pick the latter two over LB at the highest levels of this game as their clear weaknesses can't be circumvented by... anything. No big play will save your ass because you have no tools to do so other than flash (which the mobile champions also have over their already built in mobility). The game is starting to feel really, really divided between two groups of champions: the one with mobility and the ones without it. The last ones can't even dream to offer stuff that justifies their pick, except pretty much for Xerath (his range is so big that, as people use to say, it's almost a form of mobility as he can stay way distant in the back line) and Syndra (because she does what no one else could do, a stun with a super long ass range. Also a great lane bully and a master of pickoffs. Not sure about today's Syndra though, she too got nerfed).

I agree with all of this.

It's like Riot wants the game to be more flashy and it's removing the strategy aspect of the game. Part of the reason is probably that Riot has noticed the mobile champions are more popular and they obviously want to sell new champions. They're probably scared of creating another Vel'Koz too.

Also on a different note. The new champion's ult is absolutely retarded. It 100% fucks champions without mobility, who don't have a way of going in and out of the fight.

For example if I place a perfect Fiddlesticks ulti out of vision appearing right in the middle of the enemy team, then this new champ will just press R and it's essentially a 5 man Kayle ulti. The former biggest counter to this was Janna, but in that case you could flash back in and regain some of the damage. It's just created a situation, where a champion like Fiddlesticks' ulti is absolutely useless as long as that other champion is in the game and has his ult available.

It's the same sitation if say a Brand or Viktor goes deep and tries to deal heavy AOE damage to the enemy team. All his damage gets prevented and suddenly he's stuck in the enemy team with no escape, where as a champion like Ahri or LeBlanc could dash in and out of the fight.

I'm really not a big fan of this champion. Especially also because he has 3 abilities for mobility and 2 passives.

Just give me a goddamn season 2 game mode.

Jozoz

Prophet
Even with all this in mind, it's hilarious to remember that Bard still isn't half as bullshit as Kalista.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Hahah I never noticed this but it's right :D

Also, just look at what Riot has to say, it's incredible because it sounds so much like a parody it's not even funny anymore:

We’ve looked at the idea of roaming supports before. Alistar was one, for a while, before he roamed so well you guys transitioned him into a death-dealing jungler thanks to his nigh on unstoppable W+Q combo and extreme tower diving capabilities. So we made changes, nerfed his extra monster damage, and put him back in his traditional support pants.
"Hey we noticed you guys tried to innovate with our game and put a champion in a place he isn't supposed to be. Sorry but no fun allowed, we're completely obliterating this from the face of the universe so you use him exactly as we want."

Same goes for AP burst Taric, Soraka mid/top, the list goes on and on and on. It's not like any of those things were game breaking, we'd never ever see AP Taric mid on LCS, still they refuse to let us have fun with the game. This (aside from the mobility creep) is actually the biggest problem with League: you can't stop feeling Riot's heavy hand over your decisions.

I don't know about Alistar, but Soraka mid/top, Janna mid/top and Lulu mid/top (pre-nerfs) weren't fun for anyone. They just pushed their lanes incredibly hard while always staying safe and basically all you could do was try to CS under turret and cry until laning phase was over. These champions didn't start being picked in the non-traditional roles because they were fun or someone just wanted to play out of the meta, but they were broken and easily abused there, which pros were quick to realize and start spamming - case in point, after several nerfs, Lulu still sees play in mid and top lane, but now it's because of the utility she brings a second support on your team (usually in protect the ADC comps), and not because she's going to shit all over her lane with 0 skill required.

FMqLWYA.png

Wow, what did they do to Elise? Used to be Tier-1 or Tier-2 jungler a year ago. She's got a gapcloser/escape, control, can do good ganks. Wtf?

And didn't Azir use to have one of the highest winrate among the midlane champs just recently??

Elise and Lee were pretty much the only 2 junglers for a good portion of season 3-4, pros had no reason for picking anything else. That was mostly due to the changes in the jungle items, which rewarded high pressure, high damage, early game gankers since it restored their health and mana based on damage dealt to monsters - more damage meant more sustain which meant never having to go back to base and just ganking over and over again.

Lee and Elise simply had the best lvl 3 ganking kits in the game and were great duelists, there was no reason for a pro to pick anything else. So they nerfed Lee Sin quite a bit, and he's still viable, although arguably no longer top tier, but for some reason they decided to completely gut Elise and make sure she has no damage at any point of the game unless investing heavily into AP, while also being extremely squishy even if building full tank (in which case her only usefulness will be a skillshot stun - yay). And she's been that way for a really long time, while Riot seems to give 0 fucks.

Azir got his range and damage overly nerfed. They needed some toning down, but it was way too much. Same with Syndra's stun width. It's funny how they're filled with excuses of being cautious about making any changes and then sometimes release an abortion like that 57% win rate Ahri.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I just started playing after some 100 games on Dota and I'm doing quite bad.

db36290da0.jpg

I realized that people in this game are WAY more aggresive early game, I constantly see people diving into towers at like the first 3 minutes, they get their kill and recall happily. I'm not used to doing that kind of dangerous stuff and I constatly get yelled at for not chasing an enemy champ for 10 seconds.

I can relate, because I joined LoL after about a 100 games of Dota 2 myself. The game will feel really alien for a long while, but after some time you'll adjust and it will be Dota that will feel really weird if you decide to pick it up again after a long while. If you want to improve, the best thing you can do is probably to watch some streams of informative players that play the role you want to master, and, assuming you want to climb ranked solo que, you should pick one role and master that (try to get it whenever it's available) with 2-3 champions, while also learning to play the support role with a couple of champions as well.

EDIT: Oh, and if you want a guaranteed entry into at the very least high platinum, start playing Nasus top lane and turn league into a farming simulator. I was 7 wins / 4 losses with on high plat last season, and I never even play top. Shit is just that easy to play. Farm early game, get 400 stacks on your Q by 20 minutes, shit over your laning opponent and never, ever, leave top lane, just drive it all the way down to the nexus. Watch some Sirhcez games on youtube to see how it's done, if you're interested.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
i told you over two years ago that this game was going in the wrongest directions possible

you only had to listen

lol ur exaggerating roxor gaem is becoming only bettar with every patch!

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I still like to play... because of Cottontail Teemo and making Top laners rage. I had quite the success, at least two people ragequited, because I bullied them in the lane (I think one was Nasus, the other was Rene).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
All this spellcaster raging reminds me of back when I played. Every single patch wa sMorello ruining one of my favourite champions because things that aren't %health damage or dashes are "toxic" and "antifun". R00fles!

At this point, the best thing to do is nuke everything and start over with, say, 30-40 champions. Reset the power creep, don't give everyone a dash, a %health and an AA reset.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Maybe have dashes / movement abilities be more suscitible to slowing effects.
Like, a dash move (ie Lucian's E) has a longer cooldown when slowed, and paused cooldown when stunned.

This idea may be insane.

Oh, and reducing Yasuo's ult range would be nice. That ability is just ridiculous.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
EDIT: Oh, and if you want a guaranteed entry into at the very least high platinum, start playing Nasus top lane and turn league into a farming simulator. I was 7 wins / 4 losses with on high plat last season, and I never even play top. Shit is just that easy to play. Farm early game, get 400 stacks on your Q by 20 minutes, shit over your laning opponent and never, ever, leave top lane, just drive it all the way down to the nexus. Watch some Sirhcez games on youtube to see how it's done, if you're interested.

Ok, but realistically, how would you do that?

If you're the firstpick/secondpick, sure, you can get Nasus and then you will likely get countered. And if you're 3-4th pick, somebody will most likely pick top before you anyway. So how exactly can you climb elo exclusively with a top champ? You'll only have rare occasions to shine with Nasus.

Renegen

Arcane
A lot of league is mechanics, if someone picks Nasus they won't get 400 stacks by 20 minutes, they will feed hardcore pretty much every lane bully that's picked to counter him. Even on your worst role you're probably still plat/high gold level Gay-Lussac.

And some people just like to complain. Fiddlesticks has mobility up the ass being able to instantly discharge 3 spells on an ad carry's face all within 0.5 seconds, he's not a Brand that is slowly telegraphed by any means. Like I said, Lux mains complaining she's not competitively viable, man up and play.

A part of why mobility has been introduced is that every champion has to be different, how many burst mages can you get? Riot talked a lot about power creep and how bruisers like Volibear and Xin were a problem, a champion can't be defined by only having higher stats than the previous one. Mages like Brand and Malzahar do enormous amounts of damage already, Syndra has a huge range/stun/burst. New champions can't just have the same pattern as the old ones, they need something different and mobility is still creative. RekSai for example has mobility that's completely unique. Though I agree Riot also makes changes based on $$$, they probably see Vel'Koz as a failure.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Step 1: Learn to support and jungle
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Plat

You don't even have to be a very good support, since 9 times in 10 the enemy support will be someone who was last pick. You just have to be better than someone who doesn't play support to climb to low-mid plat.

Erzherzog

Magister
Uggh CJ Entus takes the last IEM slot.

So possibly the best region in the world (though not having the best team necessarily) is respresented by its worst fucking team, and they have like 12 teams in LPL, far more than other competitive regions. (Unless we're counting SEA but they're simply 6 Vietnam teams + Bangkok Titans)

More and more practice on Xerath and Wu. It's amazing that I play so few champs nowadays. Hear Vi jungle is outrageous now, most played champ of mine from S4 but I don't think I'm at all particularly talented on her. She's so forgiving to noobs that I feel I miss a lot of the proper way to play.

Erzherzog

Magister
It's one of their highest tier skins that are so exorbitant in cost that they're only worth if they are absolutely your main or you have absolutely no value of money.

Jozoz

Prophet
Pulsefire Ezreal was reduced by 50% for a few days on release.

Spirit Guard Udyr was reduced by 40%.

DJ Sona is reduced by 25%.

:keepmyjewgold:

I bet they're regretting even making the Ultimate skins cheaper on release, but now they can't just not do it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom