Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Renegen

Arcane
Fiddlesticks still has a good win rate though, given to the fact he has literally the best late game of any jungler. Still sucks Riot is focusing so much on him though, they like to beat a dead horse long after everyone stopped caring. And I think mages are fine, Syndra had her moment and now Malzahar and Swain are doing great, as is Cassiopeia and Brand. League of Mobility sucks but unless you're an ad carry it's not that big of a deal I think, you can still pick into every single champ.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Ooh man, NA LCS. What a yawnfest. If EU is League of upsets, NA is League of stomps.
Last 3 games was like watching a scrub team vs pro team and you wonder how the fuck did they end up in LCS.
C9 was a typical stomp, CLG had a blockade on top turret that Dig responded in the worst way possible and when TSM started I turned the thing off cause it was clear how its gonna end. Read today it was /ff at 23 min.
Entertainment level yesterday = 0. EU was much more fun to watch this week.

I'm from Bronzil, so no prejudice here: NA is a lot more fun to watch. I just can't be arsed by the EU teams (nazisrenken squad, elementz blowing ass, new fnatic and UoL are the only ones that hold any interest, and it's not much). NA just has bigger personalities and I much preffer the casting and analyst desk there. The only thing it's missing is QTpie.

On the other hand, Peke's team joining will probably shake things up.

Ilya

Literate
I just started playing after some 100 games on Dota and I'm doing quite bad.

db36290da0.jpg

I realized that people in this game are WAY more aggresive early game, I constantly see people diving into towers at like the first 3 minutes, they get their kill and recall happily. I'm not used to doing that kind of dangerous stuff and I constatly get yelled at for not chasing an enemy champ for 10 seconds.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

db36290da0.jpg

I realized that people in this game are WAY more aggresive early game, I constantly see people diving into towers at like the first 3 minutes, they get their kill and recall happily. I'm not used to doing that kind of dangerous stuff and I constatly get yelled at for not chasing an enemy champ for 10 seconds.

Welcome to the shittiest community in gaming (no, not the codex) :salute: Here's the tip that helped me to climb from utter shit to pretty bad:
Don't try to get kills. Try to get cs. And try not to die.
Stick with Annie and Ryze. They both are pretty forgiving and Annie is still very useful even if you are 5-12-5.

Jozoz

Prophet

db36290da0.jpg

You definitely got matched up with smurfs then.

Ilya

Literate
You definitely got matched up with smurfs then.
There always seems to be smurfs in my matches.
In the Ryze match the Wukong was like "hey guys xD i'm actually silver, im smurfin :3 just gonna troll your lanes a bit :33 XD" and he actually fucked us up, it was so annoying.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Care to explain then? Because I can see not a single thing about morg that'd be easier to pull off than annie.
More versatile in the hands of a skilled player? Probably. Easier? Hell no.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I feel pretty bad for anyone trying to start on League nowadays, 95% of your matches will be against smurfs leveling alts or just enjoying destroying noobs.
Well, no. When did you play in Bronze last time? Wife plays in Bronze and I watch her games often and I've yet to see a skilled smurf destroying everyone. Or any smurf.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Care to explain then? Because I can see not a single thing about morg that'd be easier to pull off than annie.
More versatile in the hands of a skilled player? Probably. Easier? Hell no.

Ok, maybe I'm just good with her instead. Whatever lel

Well, I had already some of experience in LoL when I picked my first AP champ, which was Morgana, and I was way more succesful with her than any other AP champ. Actually she was my second AP champ... I think my first AP champ was Kassadin, which was fucking hard and I sucked balls playing with him. Haven't played LoL in a couple of years, I'm thinking of installing again. It's a fun game.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I think my first AP champ was Kassadin, which was fucking hard
Not surprising, since you'd have to farm in melee often against ranged AP champs who'd harass you easily. Probably one of the easiest AP champs to start with is Malzahar - super easy to farm with.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
I wish I could play Kassidin well, but with Morgana I had such easy wins, like 15 matches in a row. So I basically never played with him again. That was in 2012 or 2013. I stopped playing LoL shortly after joining the codex.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Wow, what did they do to Elise? Used to be Tier-1 or Tier-2 jungler a year ago. She's got a gapcloser/escape, control, can do good ganks. Wtf?

And didn't Azir use to have one of the highest winrate among the midlane champs just recently??

bloodlover

Arcane
Elise fell from the meta when everyone wanted J4+Gnar combo. She also does not bring much to the table in terms of CC and utility when compared to J4 or Lee. And now Nida is starting to be a contested jungle pick so I don't think Elise will come back any time soon.

As for Azir, I said in a previous post my thoughts about him.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
The 100% pick/ban Azir from LCS has lowest win rate?
Bronze as in actual level 30 bronze ranked? That's why there are no smurfs then, they won't ever fall there. Bronze is probably safe from smurfs, indeed.

A level 5 account, OTOH...
This. I think in the very first levels are more frustrated bronze 5 Master Yis and Katas who want to score their first pentakil, than actual new players.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Morgana is like the safest champ you can play in game if you're in for KDA.
And annoying counter botlane vs skillshot champs. I always ban her if I'm first pick. I'd rather go against Tresh, Braum or Leona anyday.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
She also does not bring much to the table in terms of CC and utility when compared to J4 or Lee.
In what scenarios?

If you catch an enemy off guard, you can E him, so there's your CC. And in teamfights, just jump on their enemy carry using Spider's E, then R and E him if needed.

She's less tanky, sure, but she deals more damage. If you have a tanky top, you're ok.

bloodlover

Arcane
She also does not bring much to the table in terms of CC and utility when compared to J4 or Lee.
In what scenarios?

If you catch an enemy off guard, you can E him, so there's your CC. And in teamfights, just jump on their enemy carry using Spider's E, then R and E him if needed.

That's the thing, your E is the only CC you get and you can also have it blocked by minions. Compare that to J4's ulti, or slow or knock-up from his E+Q combo and his initiation potential.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
In what scenarios?

That's the thing, your E is the only CC you get and you can also have it blocked by minions. Compare that to J4's ulti, or slow or knock-up from his E+Q combo and his initiation potential.
Ok, but using this logic, what do you think of Xin jungler? (built tanky)

Using your logic, he's got a weak slow on E, a short knock-up on Q, but no CC or at least not easy to use CC from the ult. So not a good champ? I'm curious what people think about him, as I'm currently playing him with 21 wins - 13 losses.

bloodlover

Arcane
Well I am talking from a combination of LCS + personal games + theorycrafting. If you can go 10-0 with Taric jungle, good for you but that does not make him a good or better jungler than most champs in current meta.

The game also changed a lot since last season, with the new objectives and champions so that would be the nr1 reason why Elise is not top pick anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom