Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Erzherzog

Magister
That quote is for Coast not CLG FFS.

Get your LoL memes right say something like "Win the game for 30 minutes to give fans false hope."

Renegen

Arcane
CLG are such morons, I saw when the 5th dragon was up and was wondering why they were going for a fancy baiting strategy, there's nothing to bait the dragon isn't going to hurt your teamfight capability unlike the baron, in fact it's going to augment it since its the 5th one! Idiots. Then they lost, HAHHAHAHA.

Still TSM should've lost too, both teams should've gained nothing from this.

Erzherzog

Magister
And yet that's the best NA has for this year. SK would be 8-0 in NALCS as well I feel.

Also, signs of life from Dig. Thank god, it may have been only Team8 but after seeing Dig barely win against Coast to start the season at least now I don't feel like autorelegation is likely. Someone from Dig said because Crumbzz worked better with Zion last split that Zion got free reign of picks and Shiphtur got put on utility champs to compensate, I guess he works better with Nguyen then again the knock against him is his passive playstyle so an aggressive jungle works for that, right? And for once Kiwi is playing at an LCS level. Just praying for a middle of the pack record this year which is actually a bit too hopeful considering just how bad that offseason was.

Really weird in NA this year though, in EU Elements seems to have a problem meshing together. In NA half the fuckng teams have that issue.

And someone should hire Gleeb as a sub and start him the entire season. Because he performs at a mid tier or better when there are no expectations and plays challenger level when he does have expectations.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron

Get your LoL memes right say something like "Win the game for 30 minutes to give fans false hope."
It's irrelevant who he said it about, the relevant part is that he's now the coach of the squad that does it.

Also, 100% Lissandra win rate to give fans false hope.

Erzherzog

Magister

It's irrelevant who he said it about, the relevant part is that he's now the coach of the squad that does it.

Also, 100% Lissandra win rate to give fans false hope.

6-2 record is more like CLG is winning until they win...

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Out of both LCS groups, SK is BY FAR the most solid one this split. One notch above everyone, no question.
IEM in Katowice is soon, 12-15th march with some awesome matchups. Those that are coming are
  • Team WE (Intel Extreme Masters Shenzhen)
  • Cloud 9 (Intel Extreme Masters San Jose)
  • Gambit Gaming (Intel Extreme Masters Cologne)
  • yoe Flash Wolves (Intel Extreme Masters Taipei)
  • GE Tigers (LCK leading team after first half of the season)
  • European LCS leading team after week five (SK gaming for now)
  • North American LCS leading team after week five (TSM probably)
:bounce:

Erzherzog

Magister
Ehh, I'm not that hyped. You've got SK, a team that is smashing the west so hard you really have no idea how to rate them until they play China and Korea so yes that is interesting. GE Tigers a team formed recently but tore up League's traditionally strongest region. That's the cool stuff. The bad?

You've got a clearly diminished C9 team that is clearly diminished. Gambit Gaming looks like a team that has forgotten how to win but at least their worst role is pretty much being forced to change and since EU has a decent amount of mids they'll actually be likely to improve that. TSM is solid but not spectacular. If they do well it will be fun enough to see how far a team that synergizes well performs but there's not really anything that makes me excited, maybe redemption for San Jose or whatever tourney that was. I also think Taiwan as a region is overrated as fuck, maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong I guess vindication of my belief or a chance to put my foot in my mouth will entertain.

And then you've got literally the second worst ranked Chinese team. They have not won a single series thus far. One thing you failed to mention (or might have not known) is that there's a fan vote for the last slot. Which will almost certainly be a Chinese team (also why I think there's no slot for no. 1 team in LPL) and I am fairly certain that will be OMG. And THAT would be cool as fuck.

So maybe I'm a little hyped.

In other hilarious news Piglet got benched. Apparently he was being a dick and called out his teammates which is funny because this is the guy that didn't remember masteries.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
I watched Skt vs Ge tigers rerun yesterday and they look damn good. Some quirky picks like Veigar support that seems to work and their games seems a bit more action packed compared to rest of Korean teams.
One bad thing about korean league is that their games average at about 60+ minutes. Atleast the ones I watched during the last week, there was one that ended at 80 min.

While koreans prob gonna dominate IEM, its always fun to watch EU vs NA matchups. Reading all the smack talk in the twitch chat is half the fun. New Theater mode is the bestest thing evar.

Also, nice to see that #KEEPKEITH worked. Dude played 2 games and still holds highest KDA in NA LCS.

panda

Savant
dc1Ocv7.png

Renegen

Arcane
Decided to waste some time with Nemesis draft: they give us all AD carries, we give them Taric Alistar & co.

7f34CjB.gif

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
L2P? lol
While I'm not all that informed at the reworks and I've played like 1 game in last 6 weeks, doesn't the need to git gud increase with the addition of more skillshots and being more demanding to the player? I wont even touch some champs like Orianna cause of high learning curve.
I dont even use smartcast when Im playing Gragas or Blitz for one and just that is playing with a disadvantage against someone that does. And I dont care.
There will always be rightclick champs for people that cant be bothered with Ez, Orianna and co.

From what I see Veigar got a buff to Q that goes through units while E got nerfed with a delay on the stun that will make it harder to combo someone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjEPdg0zqzg
Zilean rework looks ..."interesting". Can even zone with those bombs on the ground now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa8OD6jf5Og

Renegen

Arcane
That analysis was shit honestly, Lee drops off really hard. Just reading it at the beginning I realized he made a mistake with Nocturne's ratio, where did he pull the 120% total AD ratio from? Probably mistaking his passive, which only grants a bonus 20% ratio. Vi was also severely under-analysed by not accounting for her W at all, which does max hp damage and scales off AD. What makes Lee useful is that he's an early pressure jungler, that's it, his burst or snowballing isn't any worse than other comparable fighters. In fact Jarvan is more broken than Lee because Jarvan actually has a late game.

The Lee hate is constant on the league boards and kinda hard to understand, who the hell do they want the jungle to be about instead? The jungle is built for fighters like Lee, it will never be for something else at least competitively, a long time ago tanks were used but that's when supports had 0 engage potential.

edit: also besides the whining, what are you a Vlad main? I understand that Riot can be arbitrary, champions with LC$ B1GPI4Ys aren't nerfed as fast as others, some champs like Soraka or Nidalee are thrown under the bus the second they become popular. I main Nocturne, he's been my main for 2 years now maybe? He's had since the start of S4 a 47% win rate at best, so I know the feeling of not playing on champs that Riot loves. But you sound like those Lux mains that ask every few months for a buff "just caus she should be competitively viable". Vlad has almost a 51% win rate, he's a perfectly good champion. I climbed with Nocturne trying every single build on him, every playstyle, runes you could think of. That's where the fun comes from, when you finally figure out your champion so well that you make him good. Vlad, Christ he is a AP ressourceless sustain monster that has a good late game and AOE, git gud ffs.

edit2: Azir motherfucker, he just got released and his minion spears have no counterplay, point and click. Wow, you're really dense when it comes to understanding this game, surprised with your shitty attitude and knowledge you're not bronze.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Just play DOTA 2 then. That's what I play after I stopped enjoying League. I mean, there's enough games to chose from. I don't know if one is better than the other, but they play differently so why not?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nah, it's okay to vent once in a while. Chances are your claims have some merit to them, but not all. That's why some people are showing opposition. Personally, if all skills were skill shots, that'd be... well, a very unique game? I feel like it'd be a nice way to make League different from other MOBAs. Not one I want to play, mind you, but if that's what they want to do...

It feels like they're both quite different, really, and just becoming more different. Not a bad thing, but it does mean that people will drift more strongly towards one or another, rather than playing them all on and off.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Riot clearly has developed their idea of what they want their game to be like over time, "counterplay" and all that nonsense. They also clearly value skills and champs that allow for flashy (out)plays that look good over reliable, but less spectacular ones.

Honestly, mobility creep is an issue in the game, especially since (hyper)mobile champions usually don't pay enough for their mobility while someone like Urgot is gutted due to issues in their kit. When a champ has mobility, damage and utility (and tanky skills too Lee/J4) it begs to question why you shouldn't pick them.

Point and click cc is the best counter to mobility. That or even more mobility. I wonder which one Riot favors...

bloodlover

Arcane
Isn't this the same story every season? Some champs are totally forgotten and some are played waaaaaay too much. I really don't miss the eternal Mundo - Shyv battle or seeing Twitch in every game

About Azir, there is even a video of pro players saying why he is not so good: if you hard engage on him he's fucked. He has no dash ability, he can't move over walls and if you fuck up your ulti the entire teamfight can go bad.

If we are talking about pro scene, a lot of champs will probably never get played (at least untill a good rework). It also depends on the region. Last year Korea was the only region where Sivir was a very contested pick. But for the rest of the world these are just details.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Honestly, I prefer if a champ I like isn't picked up by pros and made FotM."Sleeper OP" is better than being widely known, contested and finally hit with the nerfbat. Picks for competitive and #YOLOQQ will always be very different things anyway.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Also, I think the reason why Annie is popular among pros is her reliable, if conditional, stun that's also (virtually) point and click and has the potential for catching the entire team. Tibbers is an extremely powerful ultimate and she is also able to go both mid and support (I've seen Annie top as well), making her a safer pick. Viktor is awesome though, no.doubt about it.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Ooh man, NA LCS. What a yawnfest. If EU is League of upsets, NA is League of stomps.
Last 3 games was like watching a scrub team vs pro team and you wonder how the fuck did they end up in LCS.
C9 was a typical stomp, CLG had a blockade on top turret that Dig responded in the worst way possible and when TSM started I turned the thing off cause it was clear how its gonna end. Read today it was /ff at 23 min.
Entertainment level yesterday = 0. EU was much more fun to watch this week.

Jozoz

Prophet
Riot clearly has developed their idea of what they want their game to be like over time, "counterplay" and all that nonsense. They also clearly value skills and champs that allow for flashy (out)plays that look good over reliable, but less spectacular ones.

Honestly, mobility creep is an issue in the game, especially since (hyper)mobile champions usually don't pay enough for their mobility while someone like Urgot is gutted due to issues in their kit. When a champ has mobility, damage and utility (and tanky skills too Lee/J4) it begs to question why you shouldn't pick them.

Point and click cc is the best counter to mobility. That or even more mobility. I wonder which one Riot favors...

Doesn't help that every point and click CC has been nerfed a lot now.

Fiddlesticks Fear went from the absolute best CC in the game to a now much less useful spell. Rammus taunt, Annie passive, Ryze W, Warwick ulti were all nerfed and I'm sure there are more.

Mobility creep is the single biggest problem in this game and I'm honestly baffled more people don't see it. It's just not fun to play as a jungler against 3 ungankable lanes, which happens pretty often nowadays. Also if you play a champion without mobility then it's just incredibly not fun to play against mobility champions. The fun mobility provides comes at the expense of others if every champion doesn't have it, which Riot doesn't seem to grasp.

And don't even get me started on Kalista. They preach about "anti-fun" and then they release that 69 dashes/second with a fucking kayle ult and lantern combined bullshit.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom