Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
So, DJ Sona? Well made skin I guess, but not my thing at all. The butthurt it generates from people who wanted the next ultimate skin for just about any other champ is glorious though.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
The most common complaint I'm seeing is that Sona already has tons of other skins, which is sort of a waste because you just know that when the ultimate comes out all the other ones will never again be seen in-game.

I'm tempted to buy it just because it's so well made and Sona seems like a good AP-like support (and also I'm a whore for premium skins, I actually mained Udyr for a while just because of SGU), but then I remember how generally indifferent I am towards electronic music. The three tracks that she plays, in particular, didn't impress me at all.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
UOL is so awesome to watch. My fav team by far in EU and NA. Dat game vs Fnatic is one of best games I watched so far in this years LCS.
Never thought I'd see AD Fizz win a game.

Erzherzog

Magister
Dear god SK is just ridiculously strong. Forg1ven still with just one and one death only. After six weeks! Unreal.

Doing my provisionals slow as fuck after each game win I do an asston of practice just to try and try to keep multiple roles at a high level. I can play Xerath at the level of low gold at this point but that's useless unless I can get that every game. Good luck with that, right? So in response I've been spamming Wukong top and jungle and top goes great, when I draw jungle pressure I can normally play it well, I've done well against counter matchups I'm really getting a feel for strengths and weaknesses. When I play jungle Wu I feed like a fucking moron, WTF? I guess I'm just a super subpar jungler?

IF I can get my jungle Wu to something respectable, I feel really confident for the ranked season, getting some ADC practice in trying to settle on Draven or Varus. Draven controls the early and mid game well if he gets ahead but Varus has the utility to be forever relevant even behind. Plus like Xerath, Varus is often quite good at stalling out the game and sometimes getting the win off that one late teamfight that just goes your way, etc. Not too sure but I like laning as both to be frank.

God forbid I'm stuck support (it will happen) I realize that my mechanics are good enough but support is all about the decisions made and I make shitty ones.

eskar

Barely Literate
Doing my provisionals slow as fuck after each game win I do an asston of practice just to try and try to keep multiple roles at a high level.

You should practice only one role that you enjoy playing. Trying to keep multiple roles at a high level is an unrealistic goal - even at high elo, people mostly stick to a designated lane or role that they enjoy playing, for a good reason. You should either practice one champion at one role, then expand your knowledge of him, or play multiple champions at one role, and improve. You can get past silver/gold/platinum like this very easy. I know it seems counter-intuitive but just play what champion/role you like and you will improve, it'ss far more effective than trying to play every role at a high level and trying to stay consistent while doing it, which leads to a very schizophrenic playstyle. There was a guy in S2 on NA that only played Heimer, whatever role he got, and he held a diamond rating consistently. There was also a player on EUW in S3 that made a new account and just played support Sona until diamond 1 (this was before masters). I got 2 of my accounts to diamond 1 by only playing Twisted Fate (back when he was a viable pick) because I never bought RP and he was cheap + I was good at him.

Btw in gold elo just practice playing aggressive early game. Those players don't know how to trade and junglers there are mostly braindead so you shouldn't worry about getting ganked.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
SK is impressive all around. Forg1ven and nRated look to be the bestest bot lane in EU and NA combined. Freddy best toplaner, also with most diverse champ pool. Svenskeren rekt Elements yesterday by some awesome ults, locking them in then flashing away like a king several times while Forg1ven and Fox rekt rest of the team. Freaking love those games with sweet counterplays.

Rooting for T8 tonight, want to see more Malph play, that wombo combo with Malph/Ori/J4/Graves was the highlight of last week.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Doing my provisionals slow as fuck after each game win I do an asston of practice just to try and try to keep multiple roles at a high level.

You should practice only one role that you enjoy playing. Trying to keep multiple roles at a high level is an unrealistic goal - even at high elo, people mostly stick to a designated lane or role that they enjoy playing, for a good reason. You should either practice one champion at one role, then expand your knowledge of him, or play multiple champions at one role, and improve. You can get past silver/gold/platinum like this very easy. I know it seems counter-intuitive but just play what champion/role you like and you will improve, it'ss far more effective than trying to play every role at a high level and trying to stay consistent while doing it, which leads to a very schizophrenic playstyle. There was a guy in S2 on NA that only played Heimer, whatever role he got, and he held a diamond rating consistently. There was also a player on EUW in S3 that made a new account and just played support Sona until diamond 1 (this was before masters). I got 2 of my accounts to diamond 1 by only playing Twisted Fate (back when he was a viable pick) because I never bought RP and he was cheap + I was good at him.

Btw in gold elo just practice playing aggressive early game. Those players don't know how to trade and junglers there are mostly braindead so you shouldn't worry about getting ganked.

gg, guy without arms can play better than me. time to give up forever.

Erzherzog

Magister
brb, uninstalling. After seeing that I'm done with video games. Probably gonna go throw a football around or something to feel better.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Lollipoppy has the creepiest splashart in the game. That alone makes it worth it.

u1Uy6g7.png

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Tried Nemesis Draft. Seems like a more boring ARAM where instead of blaming Rito's RNG.for giving the enemies a better team you get to blame your teammates.

Renegen

Arcane
How ready are we all for ranked? My Nidalee experiment went nowhere personally, she got a huge stealth nerf so she's finished (whenever people learn to stop banning her). Maybe more video clips can make us better...

nope

Erzherzog

Magister
Nemesis draft...wow. People's retardation on full display. Had one much end in a loss after an hour because my team got massively ahead but lost because 3 people wanted to take Baron and Dragon every time we won a teamfight and only me and my lane partner wanted to actually try to end. Some people simply won't even go for the nexus unless the enemy is aced with 15 seconds on the shortest death timer.

Also, hopefully people learn a lot about pick and ban from this mode. It won't happen but I can hope, right? People don't know the difference between out of meta and actually being underpowered. Someone gave me Kennen, a champ that's a little too squishy for top lane the past couple seasons and not overbearing enough to hang with all the high powered popular mid picks but he's certainly not bad. Enemy team drafts us 4 supports...then the last one gives us Urgot. See now, Urgot actually is bad, but he can be built as a shitty ADC. A shitty ADC that has Lulu, Thresh, Soraka, and Taric is going to fucking win unless you blow him up before an avalanche of shields and heals covers his ass.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Just played a Nemesis. They gave us all support champs (Janna, etc), while my team decided to give them Rammus, Mundo, etc. What the fuck. Nemesis is like an instant retard detector, you know you're playing with retards even before the loading screen.

Renegen

Arcane
First pick decides to troll and just ban the first 3 champions starting with A and gives them Kalista, we have the kite capable team of.. Yorick, Taric, Urgot, Nami and Zac. Yay. Kalista ends up with like 80% of the kills on their team and is ridiculously far ahead, but somehow we make it to 6 items for everyone and we win. Fuck that champ Kalista so hard, challengers ban her and my team thought we should play against her in Nemesis.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Played few Nemesis games and its usually standard fare with picks involving Urgot and supports. There were some really weird picks on both sides, like one game where I was forced to play mid with Zilean vs Xerath, luckily most times where enemy team gets good picks (good for them) someone would leave the lobby. Last night play one game where we gave enemy your usual shit lineup of Urgot, Poppy, Taric, Nami and Janna. They gave us Blitz. Ashe, Brand, Shen and Sion. I said my teammates if we lose this we should all delete the game, it was a slaughterhouse even with first time Sion.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
What's the point of tryharding at a featured game mode? Give them an LCS-like squad for the added challenge and disrespect.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
420k viewers on twitch for CLG vs TSM. Hole-y shit.

EDIT: MAke that 475, can we make that 500?

488 now. What a shit game tbh, TSM lost the entire game and then a couple of missplays and it's gone. Didn't feel fair at all.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom