Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Erzherzog

Magister
Granted Dignitas was close but looking like they were falling behind, but people are acting like Coast completely threw by doing baron and ignore that JUST before that Dig got a nice pick on one of Coast's carries and they panicked and tried baron. Not like Dignitas just got gifted a win by doing fucking nothing.

Winterfox vs. Gravity? Oh, gleeb's in this match.
attachment.php

Renegen

Arcane
Na the guy is bi-polar, grats to him for getting so far. But I thought he really retired after that dismal collapse in the promotion tournament. People will still give him a chance and watch him drag their team down.

edit: loving the way WFX is playing so far, those are some high risk picks.

Last edited:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I'm trying to figure out why Gnar and Rek'sai get through so often in these bans since they're insta-picked after and usually perform well. Someone said Rek'sai is useless for competitive. Yea, teamwide extra vision when burrowed so useless GG

There's just too much stuff to be banned, besides other tier 1 picks, you have to factor in that some of these guys excel on certain champs. They'd rather give insec a Rek'sai than his Lee Sin (he's not on the LCS, but you get my point). Maybe it's a mistake anyways in the case of Gnar at least.

I'm only ever tuning into these games when I see an interesting pick or two. Watching the same old bullshit champions is so fucking boring, and there are actually quite a few viable picks available, but pros only seem interested in learning the very same champions, and they'll only ever play something they've practiced to death. I feel like no matter what Riot does, the competitive meta will keep being stale as fuck.

Jax has been owning a few games, why doesn't anyone bring out a Nasus to counter it, for example? Zion played that against TSM in the playoffs, and they were forced to ban it out on the following game because he carried the game and they had 0 answers to it. Just goes to show how the meta is often pure bullshit. Phreak was commenting on stream about how it's often just defined by what champions a few star (usually korean) players decide to master, and I sort of agree with him. Twitch spent ages being the most broken shit ever after the ADC itemizations changes, and was only noticed when he got a VU and started seeing some play, for example.

EDIT: Ok, I lied, they didn't ban it out, Dignitas just pussied out on picking it again and got 3-1 in result.

Last edited:

Erzherzog

Magister
Oh thank god I've got some extra gin and whiskey in stock because this is going to be a long season. Dignitas playing like they have absolutely no clue.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
It's looking more and more like it's gonna be Team Liquid and Winterfox to rule this split. TSM and Cloud 9 looking really really mediocre.

Erzherzog

Magister
NA teams this year look godawful at picks and bans. Meteos still prioritizing Elise because he's done really well with her in the past. Everyone in the region not named Impaler reminding themselves they suck at Rengar. Teams going in with one strategy and no response when it gets countered. I think this year NA does really weak if C9 and TSM don't turn it around and play to the level their team allows them to. Could Liquid's year because they seem to be the only team that has talented players and a good sense of strategy, everyone else has to learn fast. Helps that so much of their team is well suited to picking up new champions and doesn't rely heavily on comfort picks.

EDIT: Just played a match with a Rioter. A bronzie Rioter. A jungle bronzie rioter

Lost lane because I'm fucking awful, mid lane lost lane. Froze the minion under my turret for at least 7 minutes, but besides 1 gank bottom he just powerfarmed. We got our asses kicked for 20 minutes then stalled for 20 minutes enemy team got sick and tired of getting picked off and surrendered.

MEANWHILE I'm stuck hearing touchy-feely comments from the rioter "We win and lose as a team" The fuck does that actually mean? Thanks for pointing that out John Madden.

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
So that's where all the green ribbons went, all the Rioters took em. :)

Actually you should've told him that if a team is only as strong as its weakest links, it makes perfect sense he's in bronze!

Sounds fun that you got to play with a Rioter, that has yet to happen for me. The only famous person I played against was a prominent Youtube reviewer, back when I was silver. He played like 10 games a day and only uploaded his wins, so naturally I wasn't featured.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
C9 and TSM will pick it up I think.

TSM at least, Dyrus said they were trying out strategies that would work against korean/chinese teams, which is why they went with the pick comp. Something along the lines of there's no point in owning the NA scene with a strategy that won't work when they get to worlds.

C9's loss had so much to do with Hai playing like a drunk toddler, the guys is inconsistent as fuck. And Meteos with the Elise pick, seriously, the champion is complete garbage right now. It'll only ever not be a burden to it's team if she gets really really ahead and builds damage in solo que, in competitive she'll get focused and popped in 3 seconds if she doesn't go full tank. Hell, that's already what happens when she DOES go full tank, she still seems really squishy.

I'm more curious to see winterfox, they have all these koreans coming to the roster and Pobelter is a beast who's only going to keep on improving for the next couple of years. Team Liquid is just looking really solid all around, if I had to bet I'd say they'll win this split.

I played with a Rioter once too. Motherfucker kept getting caught on like my 3rd desperate attempt to get into diamond (promos) and I couldn't even rage at him because, well, Riot tag. Also played against one who was with some brazilian pros too once on a random teambuilder game.

Found it:

http://dyrus.tumblr.com/post/109215903661/srs-question-can-you-answer-why-rango-and-lb-keep

"it’s the execution on those champions that make it hard, our goal is to win worlds, if we play simple champs then get rolled by asians at worlds it doesn’t mean shit, of course we need to be able to do both though."

From the reddit thread:

"i half ass answered that question don't need to take it to seriously

for the record all the rengar's i've seen in scrims win the game for their team whether it's ours or theirs"

So maybe that answers why they play Rengar.

Last edited:

Erzherzog

Magister
Yeah read that earlier today and I was surprised how perceptive it sounded. The only 2 things I have to wonder then, what of Rumble? The one champ NA as a region seems to be world-tier ability at, and perhaps NA should try to find out champs that supply a comp that they need that perhaps suits their playstyle better?

Never really noticed a problem with the LB picks though, surprised people are bitching considering Pobelter, Shiphtur, and Bjerg all have extensive highlight reels on her both solo queue and LCS one bad week working her into a pure pick comp is far from the end of the world...

bloodlover

Arcane
Wtf is happening to Gambit this season? Niq is sooooo far behind every mid laner in LCS and their top isn't so great either. Sure Darien fed every game but he still mattered in the end when the fights came. Cabochard is so weak... p1noy is the only good addition but he can't carry the entire team.

GMB pls.... :negative:

Erzherzog

Magister
And UOL kicking ass.

And then they ran into SK Gaming! Fredy doing great things with an off-meta Kennen pick that actually counters Gnar really fucking well. Granvan combo finally fails to win, is that the first time this season? The combo was undefeated last week in both EU and NA.

Really interesting though, SK is the only EU team placing such a high priority on dragon but it seems to pay off. they've run the same strat 4 times though, wonder how they play against teams like Elements, if they are saving strats for that. If they can win spring season that gives them a chance to play against top tier foreign competition in the invite and more or less the whole summer season to try out things for worlds.

EU exciting so far this year, plenty of cool storylines and summer could possibly be better once xPeke and Origen show up. NA just a clusterfuck hopefully it settles out a bit this weekend.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
SK starting the split real big indeed. Also their ADC plays flawless. He improved a lot since his time with CW!
Didn't expect Elements to struggle that much tho.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Kobe must've smoked a massive blunt before this broadcast, this shit is hilarious.

EDIT:
  • Kauzuki: inb4 piglet actually in na to sabotage the best na team

Twitch chat is retarded, but it does make me laugh sometimes

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not sure if Piglet underperforming or Kalista just being utterly disgusting.

Edit:
On a side note, C9 is a pleasure to view when they're on top of their game. Especially their pick&ban phase, it's pretty obvious they got everything they wanted in this game and are executing it perfectly thus far.

Edit 2:
Right, I'm going with Kalista being digusting. Also what the fuck Impact.

Last edited:

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
These ranked games man, going full tank jungler doing the most damage of your team.

Sometimes you get a team :dead::rage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom