Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Renegen

Arcane
I have no idea who is going to do well this year, Cloud 9 is still expected to be #1, then maybe Curse? EU LCS I know practically nothing.

edit:
LCS Starts today, can't wait for the meta to chase whatever gets picked this week.
Xerath :troll:

Renegen

Arcane
This guy went 4-6 in his placements
DK0FKNH.png
Oh well, goodbye Plat. Part of me wants to do my placements as fast as possible to see what elo heaven I fall to, sometimes it's fun to have easier games for a while.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
This guy went 4-6 in his placements
DK0FKNH.png
Oh well, goodbye Plat. Part of me wants to do my placements as fast as possible to see what elo heaven I fall to, sometimes it's fun to have easier games for a while.
Pretty much what I was expecting when I played 3/7 yesterday. But only went from s2 to s4.

Renegen

Arcane
Well Cass got played and won, stupid Cass mains had to complain her rework failed and somehow Riot gave in and overbuffed her and now she might finally be FOTM. I just hope she gets nerfed as soon as possible, that's one really dumb champion.

Erzherzog

Magister
I just picked her up, pretty ridiculous that she can be so strong late game and win a few lane match ups so easily. Plus there's a reason why she builds Tear then Rylais. Perma slow (with passive spell vamp!) is obnoxious. Either she gets nerfed or rylais does.

Renegen

Arcane
Gambit 10k behind just won a teamfight with a Cassiopeia and Graves combo.... wow.

Erzherzog

Magister
All that hype for Diamond from IEM must be dead. He did not do a damn thing that match (literally to my knowledge, no assists, no kills). If you play a match where your mid and top are supposed to be late game monsters, you need a jungler that can be the linchpin to get them there. Would not Elise have been a better pick? Someone that can apply early game pressure and you can accept her mid-late game uselessness if you can get either Cass or Kass fed for the mid game or have a weak mid and survive to late game instead they had a Lee that couldn't capitalize on any of his laners against a team that doubled down on hard CC. GG.

Renegen

Arcane
League going FULL CASUAL apparently. http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/E49lA2pw-experimental-attack-move-change-going-to-pbe?show=flat
The PBE will have a new attack move option that allows you to target someone closest to your mouse, in other words even if you miss the mouse click your character will still target the closest target, no more failed clicks ever! And also perfect range control.

I didn't think such a thing could ever be considered, being an ADC is so much about not making any mechanic mistakes and being able to cs and harass better than the other guy, it will have wide consequences that clicking anywhere near your target is now "good enough". They say it's an experimental PBE change, but anything on the PBE I've gone to learn goes through like 6 months of internal testing and they probably want to push that on live.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So... what the fuck happened to european teams? I recognize 3 faces out of all of the teams, plus 2 faces in Gambit. I don't know even know what team to cheer for now. Gambit used to break metas 3 times a year, and now it's just 2 oldfags and 3 randomfags, there's not gonna be any plays from them. In Fnatics I only recognize Yellowstar. Wtf?

Is there any european team I should keep an eye out for or do they all suck like the US now??

Erzherzog

Magister
A few players got unbanned and were immediately picked up (Nukeduck to ROCCAT, Forgiven to SK, 1 more I think?), xPeke got fed up with Fnatic or some shit, him and 2 others from old Fnatic are now on a challenger team, Fnatic rebuilt around Yellowstar with Korean imports. Rekkles went to Alliance (now Elements) and Tabzz is sitting this split out...somehow.

Jesiz and Impaler moved to NA on Team Coast. Why was Impaler dropped anyways? Checked his stats out he doesn't seem to have been half bad. Hori randomly quit his team.

EDIT: SK Gaming is my pick this year. Fredy draws a lot of attention top so they just control dragon til then end up snowballing off of the bonuses. Seem to have a lot stronger teamwork than other teams, their relative styles seem complementary, whereas other top tier teams seem to have trouble meshing.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
European teams really got scrambled, but there are some new faces who got hyped through the expansion tournament and before:

- Febiven, played for H2K in expansion now in Fnatic, been trying to get to LCS forever. He's a really good midlaner but seems to choke here and there.
- Vizicsacsi, top laner for UOL. Dominated with poppy in the promotion tournament and so far been a pretty great to laner over all.
- PowerOfEvil from UOL as well, prolly the most hyped new midlaner since expansion and IEM San Jose.
- Pepiinero, midlaner for Giants was pretty good in expansion tournament, although the pros have been saying that he's overhyped. Been doing good in the few games of the first week in LCS, but need to see how he does in the long run.

And then there's the big players getting back like Forg1ven, Nukeduck, Freeze.

Teams to keep an eye on... that's a hard one to say so early into the season with such new rosters. I'm prolly keeping my eye on UOL, H2K and Fnatic. And probably SK. Elements and Gambit looked pretty bad.

Also Forg1ven was never banned, he left CW on his own during the last season. Impaler was prolly benched for being pretty shaky overall, can't remember exact reason anymore.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

Renegen

Arcane
1st ranked game this season: enemy Jarvan has 6x higher kill participation than ours, we lose hard
2nd ranked game, first Nidalee jungle: enemy has full AD comp and we win, in part due to many ganks mid, wee

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
How did both teams have Jarvan if it was ranked? :troll:

Somehow I get the feeling Nemesis draft will just be trying to pick an entire team of melee champs for your opponents and hoping the other team all ragequits first.

Renegen

Arcane
Should be fun, can't wait for the full melees, the full supports, the no late game champions, but hey the other team has the same handicap. Actually when I played something called Ultimate Bravery (random builds) it was pretty bad, the whole game was balanced on that 1 champion that wasn't useless.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
As long as they make some draconian anti-dodge mechanics (or good rewards for not dodging x amounts of games), otherwise this will be shit. I wonder if it will be mostly low winrate champs or people trying to stick the enemy with bad teamcomps. A full support team is usually p. decent due to all the utility. All melee with no gapclosers would be more painful.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lel, TSM won a game. Stupid C9 should've picked something like Teemo last year or like UoL did with TF in San Jose and they would choke whole game.
Whle consistent, C9 and TSM have the most boring meta picks in LCS.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
The casters commenting that Hai played an underwhelming Fizz. Has he ever played a good Fizz? I'm getting a feeling I've heard the comment many times before.

Erzherzog

Magister
I'm trying to figure out why Gnar and Rek'sai get through so often in these bans since they're insta-picked after and usually perform well. Someone said Rek'sai is useless for competitive. Yea, teamwide extra vision when burrowed so useless GG.

Dignitas game starting! Was really worried in the pick/ban because Coast when heavy on the engage comp but Shiphtur on Azir was a great pick. Can't wait! (Wait 30 minutes for me to qq about this match.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom