Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Never spent a single dollar on this game. It's not that I wouldn't on principle, it's just that I wouldn't buy skins on principle and the prices for champs and rune pages are truly truly outrageous.

Jozoz

Prophet
There was another account who posted the thing with the lightning champion. The Yhw profile was fake but they might not both be. Idk.

Erzherzog

Magister
When everyone has the skin no one does...

So the LCS rosters got finalized today and it turns out the teams with question marks all doubled down on shitty Koreans, especially EG. They got a fucking Diamond 1 player gg.

At least team impact went and got a legit star but a lot of teams did not learn from the Seraph debacle apparently. Taking sub Koreans that aren't particularly noteworthy in soloq nor have any actual experience does not bode well. Millenium and Coast couldn't even qualify when they tried it! Coast went for 2 Europeans that were pretty much cast off and did make it, I mean come on.

EDIT: Team Impulse got a halfway decent Korean as well, the Korean exodus of 2014/15 will be interesting. Find it funny that people say this is exclusive to NA/EU as well when the Chinese and even the fucking Brazilians do the same thing.

Erzherzog

Magister
Christ Vik has been Kodex sekrit OP for years now, eh? I know a couple others here really like him. Yeah his Q finally makes sense to trade with instead of getting a shield of dubious use you get advantages for trading with it up.

Vlad's fine. I played him and Swain a bit because I like sustain characters for top lane. Ended up going with Swain over him, he's not bad I just feel all his unique qualities are covered by Swain or Rumble, might as well not fuck around and pick one of those two. Swain's a soloq god, Rumble is a competitive god.

GP did get a quality of life buff to his ult and I see him every so often now actually. In this meta where top lane really has options of picks in soloq he's fine but not outstanding.

Erzherzog

Magister
Ehh I think 2014 had all of 7 new champs. Nows a good time to get back in if you feel like it. There's no really strong meta so lots of different picks can be used without assholes crying about "gg quinn adc ff@20."

Shaco is Shaco, he will always be THAT asshole.

Amusingly I literally just finished a game with a 12/0/3 Shaco on my team. That one in a million game where "that asshole Shaco main" is on your team.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I haven't played LoL since early 2013 and there are really only 3 things that I truly miss: playing Vlad, Viktor and Heimer. Damn those were fun heroes, really fun. I heard Heimer and Vik got dramatically buffed, which is pretty cool I guess, but no one's ever talking about Vlad whenever I stumble upon a League discussion, how's him today? Is he still top lane?
Heimer's got the heighest winrate for a mid champ currently in soloq (or actually he dropped down to being 2d a few days ago). He's OP. Vlad and Viktor - meh.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I haven't played LoL since early 2013 and there are really only 3 things that I truly miss: playing Vlad, Viktor and Heimer. Damn those were fun heroes, really fun. I heard Heimer and Vik got dramatically buffed, which is pretty cool I guess, but no one's ever talking about Vlad whenever I stumble upon a League discussion, how's him today? Is he still top lane?

How about GP and Urgot, untouched to this day? Jesus fuck if that's the case, by now I'd have gone to Riot's building armed to the teeth for a word or two on balancing with them (though Urgot was decently functional even if underpowered IIRC)

Just my 2 cents:

Heimer - Strong, but I think his high win rate is attributed mostly to 2 things, he's easy to play and nobody knows how to play against him, leaving the turrets untouched, and ganking him usually results in a double kill, specially after he picks up zhonya's. I've seen him top lane as often as I've seen him mid, he seems to not need much mana. Currently the only real reason to play him, though, competitively speaking, is if you can't play Azir at the same level. Azir is also a zone control mage, but has higher play making potential and just brings more utility to the table.

Vladimir - Strong and underplayed. I like him, but can't play a champion with such little CC.

Viktor - After the rework, his mid and late game are pretty crazy. He's the kind of champion that makes me want to finish the game fast when playing against, because if he gets ahead he'll be a problem to shut down in Yolo que. If you like him before you'll love him now.

Gangplank - Shit champion. Has been gaining popularity, but I see no reason to pick him. In line for a rework.

Urgot - Possibly the worst champion in the game. Kit is disjointed and he has shit range. Someone will tell you people only say that because his real place is on top lane, and maybe he does better there than as an ADC, but he's still a shitty top laner. They're gonna relaunch him this year most likely, probably after poppy.

Shaco - Has benefited from the jungle changes, since everyone is now really low during the first clear, making invades more powerful (although they're also riskier). I honestly still think he's useless unless ridiculously fed, but with that condition even Teemo carries a game. His late game is useless as fuck against any kind of half organized team. He's also in line for a rework.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They're gonna relaunch him this year most likely, probably after poppy.

Poppy is pretty strong as it is, why would they want to change her? One of the best advantages when playing her is that nobody knows what her abilities are. I've had 3-4 people focusing me in teamfights with my ulty thrown on Soraka. They had no idea what was going on.

Even in higher elo, she can still throw ulty on support, rush towards enemy adc with ghost and take them out, or at the very least occupy them for the duration of the whole teamfight.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
One trick pony that's either useless or absurdly oppressive. That's toxic design in Riot's eyes (on Dota they'd probably keep her as is). They don't usually rework champions because of power levels, I remember them stating that xerath was actually quite powerful pre rework, but his optimal play pattern consisted of camping a bush, hoping someone passes by, then 100-0 them. According to them that was boring and toxic, hence the rework.

And yes, a lot of poppy's power level is tied to the fact that people don't know what to do against her, a champion that relies on this will never be competitively viable (which seems to be another goal for Riot, expanding the competitive champion pool).

Erzherzog

Magister
Alright you maggots, ranked reset and competitive League starts up (or has started) soon. We got any goals for ourselves and predictions for the season?

Renegen

Arcane
Alright you maggots, ranked reset and competitive League starts up (or has started) soon. We got any goals for ourselves and predictions for the season?
Getting to Diamond on nothing but Nidalee, I believe. Top, jungle, mid, support, don't care they all work on her. I'm still not ready though, but maybe ranked ladder deserves my feeding while I learn her fully...

I think Darth Roxor despite not logging into the game for a long time still was too ragey to get the free skin. ;) I got Steel Legion Garen, for the emprah sad it's on a useless champion.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nosferatu Vladimir... Don't really play him, but atleast it's a legacy skin. And probably the least faggy on Vlad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom