Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
EU just has better teams then NA get over it Amerikwas.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
:troll:

Also doublelift and afromoo best botlane NA? They are very mediocre.

It looks to be a very interesting EU LCS next. Gambit looks better with Kris and especially with Cabochard who played excellent in all games.

H2K is an interesting new team although their botlane looked very weak in the games loosing almost everytime. If their botlane does not step up they will be a bottom team.

UOL winning versus TSM and doing a good job versus C9 (they were on par with the laning phase) shows that they have talent and could do very well in EU LCS. Also their botlane looked very good.

SK with Fox and forgiven should be better then before.

Will be interesting to see who fnatic pics up though, most good players are already taken. Tabbz as ADC i guess, he is the best one left. The other places i have no clue.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I just had my first ranked game ever.

I've just switched from EUNE, to EUW, so it might have something to do with it, but is it normal to have 0/8 Corki with 15 cs at 10 minutes, with no boots bought for the entire game? Is it normal to have Olaf who has to limit himself to roaming because he forgets to get smite? Is it normal to have 15/1 Fiddle on the enemy team?

Is it normal? I guess it is, but I'd appreciate some heads up on what awaits me.

I was being pretty bad as mid Morgana against Orianna, but I consider being drunk as a reasonable excuse. The game was lost anyway.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Normal for EU :troll:

I would guess your transfer eradicated your Normals MMR and placed you solidly in the short bus bracket of match placements, but not sure.

Erzherzog

Magister
Switch to NA, I'm sure you'd be placed against people that can't even figure out how to buy items or what turrets are for. We all know NA soloQ is a complete joke.

Renegen

Arcane
Is it normal your teammates are clueless? Apparently in NA it's normal at all levels, even competitive.

Z8OWeCy.jpg

zerotol

Arcane
Patron

I've just switched from EUNE, to EUW, so it might have something to do with it, but is it normal to have 0/8 Corki with 15 cs at 10 minutes, with no boots bought for the entire game? Is it normal to have Olaf who has to limit himself to roaming because he forgets to get smite? Is it normal to have 15/1 Fiddle on the enemy team?

Is it normal? I guess it is, but I'd appreciate some heads up on what awaits me.

I was being pretty bad as mid Morgana against Orianna, but I consider being drunk as a reasonable excuse. The game was lost anyway.

No, you must be playing bottom feeders while encountering alts.

Shit happens though with players not getting their prefered role. I can't mid/support/adc too.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane

First ranked games are random as fuck, since people have no MMR at their best of 10 to determine matchmaking. Yes, all that you described is pretty much standard. Remember the shitters will be on the enemy team just as often, it's way easier to carry them than to carry when everyone on both teams are playing at your lvl, that's when shit gets real.

I played normals with a bronze 3 friend a while back and it was just laughably easy to make plays as Thresh. Hook people, control objectives, make the calls, gg. There was an american player (I think) who hit challenger in Korea in preparation for worlds by playing Janna pretty much exclusively. Elo hell is not real.

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
o2HLaVL.png

Will they stop making Nocturne obsolescent! It's also pretty funny how just like that the guy is at the top of the front page, guess some mod was asleep.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Will they stop making Nocturne obsolescent! It's also pretty funny how just like that the guy is at the top of the front page, guess some mod was asleep.
Well, according to Cyanide he's not as obsolescent as you might think.
Also, a mod posted in that thread. Don't think they mind getting leaks, since that just brings more attention to the subreddit.
I can imagine Riot doesn't even care that much, since it's just more hype and there's not really any backlash when the champ doesn't work out. I don't recall seeing anyone angry about Ao Shin never coming out, more like sorta disappointed but understanding.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Will they stop making Nocturne obsolescent!

You wanna talk obsolescent, let's talk about how there's now no real reason to pick Renekton over Gnar or Heimerdonger over Azir. The former is a better lane bully with a much better late game and the latter is a better zone control mage who provides more utility and has the (almost) LCS required dash. Riot is making their champions more unique, but seems like they're still pretty shit at balancing.

Guy who's supposedly WhyRenektonWhy posted again. Izuna to be a fighter/assassin with high single target damage (sounds like Akali?) and DJ Sona to be only a legendary skin. Ultimate supposed to go to Xerath or Lux in his opinion, but he doesn't know for sure. Also, URF coming back on new year's with updated items for the mode.

Last edited:

Erzherzog

Magister
My 2nd and 3rd most played champions of 2014 being rumored for my wallet. I normally shy way away from skins as I have only 2 (Blade Queen Liss and Bandito Fidd) but I would not be able to pass up one for those two...especially since Xerath has utter crap for skins right now.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
How do you not buy skins for a game you play so often? D:
I got like one for every champion I play, at least

By the way I'm not playing right now in order to study and I just spend so much time on sites like S@20, reddit and twitch that it's being a wasted effort

Renegen

Arcane
One day I'll buy Eternum Nocturne, one day. I only bought 2 skins I believe for Varus and MF. The best Brand skin (Cryocore) was on sale recently but how often do I play Brand? He's my #1 mid but I never play mid. I really need to buy a Nidalee skin though, I've been playing her since forever and I keep finding reasons to continue.

Check this guy out that I found, he is so dominating with her and has really great builds for her nerfed state right now. After the last round of nerfs, I didn't think Nidalee was a viable champion anymore but watching his game replays he's proving me wrong, back to maining Nidalee top. He is still so insanely dominating, and that's against challenger players, watch out because when this smurf gets revealed we might be in for a surprise.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have atleast 102, if not more. All Gragas, Blitz('cept Rusty one), Malphite and bunch of other ones for the champs I barely play. I blame the sales.
Still nothing compared to our suomi tho, I think he got p much all of em.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I have too many skins, though quite a few were gifts. Especially weak for release bundles which has led to skins for some champs I hardly never play, like Lucy. Off the top of my head I have the following skins:
Brolaf
Pirate Ryze
Deep Terror Thresh
Full Metal Jayce
Abyssal Nautilus
Hired Gun Lucian
All Maokai skins except the most recent
Jurassic Cho'Gath
Arcade Sona
Arcade Hecarim
Outback Renekton
Captain Volibear
Battlecast Vel'koz
Dragon Trainer Lulu
Urf Rider Corki
Eternum Rek'sai

EDIT: Posting from my PoS phone. I also have the free skins like traditional Trundle/Karma and such, of course

Last edited:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
One day I'll buy Eternum Nocturne, one day. I only bought 2 skins I believe for Varus and MF. The best Brand skin (Cryocore) was on sale recently but how often do I play Brand? He's my #1 mid but I never play mid. I really need to buy a Nidalee skin though, I've been playing her since forever and I keep finding reasons to continue.

Check this guy out that I found, he is so dominating with her and has really great builds for her nerfed state right now. After the last round of nerfs, I didn't think Nidalee was a viable champion anymore but watching his game replays he's proving me wrong, back to maining Nidalee top. He is still so insanely dominating, and that's against challenger players, watch out because when this smurf gets revealed we might be in for a surprise.

You should check out RF Legendary, he's an NA challenger nidalee main.

Renegen

Arcane
You should check out RF Legendary, he's an NA challenger nidalee main.
He's good but he's also the problem with Nidalee mains in NA. He is completely empty of any innovation and mainly plays 21 defense AD Nidalee which is weaker than ever now.

bloodlover

Arcane
I just have Panth skin, Trist skin and Ali skin, all free. Not really that rich.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom