Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Carceri

Arcane
This is why you always have to use ignite in order to secure the kill.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
This is why you always have to use ignite in order to secure the kill.

:lol:

On a sidenote: they nerfed mah warwick, but Win Zao is still rocking people's socks.

He is so easy and now with his sustain he is real competitor.

Press E to get to opponent press z and a for knockup.

in trouble? use r to knock people away.

On a sidenote: they nerfed mah warwick, but Win Zao is still rocking people's socks.

Yeah, I was trying clear speeds yesterday and I noticed that nobody with supposedly fast clears is noticeably faster than xinny (before first back) if you want to full clear, just because he jungles at full health without using potions. Nocturne is only around the same speed but gets dangerously low.

I guess I should just troll people with Nunu, that shit is so fun, especially against these struggling Lee's who think he's still king of the jungle.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron

Yeah, I was trying clear speeds yesterday and I noticed that nobody with supposedly fast clears is noticeably faster than xinny (before first back) if you want to full clear, just because he jungles at full health without using potions. Nocturne is only around the same speed but gets dangerously low.

I guess I should just troll people with Nunu, that shit is so fun, especially against these struggling Lee's who think he's still king of the jungle.

Meh i can do a full clear but i am very low then, i am bad at breaking the attacks by moving forward and back like the pros do.

Erzherzog

Magister
Holy shit, Uzi just joined OMG.

Gogoing is the guy responsible for making me want to play more top lane and honestly when I learned to lane top I did way better in league. Now the team boasts two players that are arguably best in the world at their position and two that are contenders for best in their region. Was a big fan of their style at Worlds and so now I'm super stoked to see what they manage with this Chinese all-star roster.

This combined with CLG getting fined $10,000, C9 winning IEM SJ and TSM doing poorly...Dignitas signing two very talented players. CAN NOT WAIT for the season.

No pr0lly this year though...

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Uzi is by far the most fun ADC to watch at the top level. Good.for OMG.

So, Get Rekt'sai released. Played two games where she was on either team, seems decent I guess. That global screech is the most paranoia inducing thing since, well, Paranoia.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
God damnit what a throw by Fusion. This kind of asinine decision making makes me angry even, jesus christ, they had the game after taking that mid inhib, just back and stall around baron. Idiots.

Renegen

Arcane
More broken things found about S5 everyday!

I like how it took the community a month to find something this broken since no one plays Galio.

Erzherzog

Magister
God damnit what a throw by Fusion. This kind of asinine decision making makes me angry even, jesus christ, they had the game after taking that mid inhib, just back and stall around baron. Idiots.

Bro did you watch them against F5? They're awful at strategy. Even with massive leads they still manage to end fights unconvincingly, F5 managed a win while 10k+ down against them. They have NO idea what they're doing and if they make LCS they will be absolutely shat on because right now they depend on winning lanes and just crushing the enemy through sheer weight of a lead. In the LCS they will rarely win laning that hard and the few times they manage that they will have no clue what to do with it vs. teams that have experience being down and managing to win or nearly win.

Then again these things happen when your normal shotcalling positions are manned by Nintendude and Gleeb. And then two more don't really speak English. I think I did in fact hear Fusion have Nien calling the shots*? All due credit to Nien because he has been a very consistent rock for Fusion but Gleeb and Nintendude will never make the plays needed to win. Not a fan of this team at all. They'll be terrible in the LCS unless someone steps up as a gifted shotcaller or they get a talented coach because trying to win off of laning mechanics is a very thin strategy.

Even funnier because Nintendude always likes to talk like he knows so much. You want a good example of a player that made an impact more off of smarts than mechanics look at pr0lly. Nintendude is a sub-par jungler with shit decision making.

*I know for certain on of the teams was...it's not CA since that's Saint and I think F5 is Rhux but it very well could be Mash on Coast they were talking about.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Man, but it's one thing to get out-rotated, not have a clear game plan regarding vision, and so on and so forth, I for example have no clue about that shit, that's for organized play. But I can tell you any player even at low diamond would know that trying to end the game at that moment, with 3 members alive (fuck, 2 would've been too much) and the two nexus towers up was complete suicide. I know it's easy to say this kind of shit after the fact, but in the moment I was just like "WTF go heal and prep baron", then they overstay, die, and the other team makes a comeback with baron. I've seen it happen way too many times.

Gleeb was playing pretty badly and Maknoon is a complete loose cannon, he just goes ham 24/7. Nien's play was top notch, though. It's quite telling that despite their almost complete lack of strategy they were still up in gold at almost every game at mid game. And it's also quite telling of how the challenger scene in NA has a lot of room for improvement when Coast makes it in the LCS and Fusion and Final 5 almost do so as well. All of these teams were gonna get wrecked in the LCS, but Fusion at least had the potential to be entertaining to watch. Coast is so freaking "bleh". Oh well.

EDIT: Considering how close it was, I'm pretty sure that if either Maknoon or Gleeb had showed up, they would've taken the series. Hell, even just having chunky sub for Gleeb would've probably done it, that dude was getting caught so many times. His Alistar was cringeworthy.

EDIT 2: A team that would actually be LCS worthy: Impaler, Prolly, Nien, Krepo and a decent top laner. They would just crush the challenger teams.

Last edited:

Erzherzog

Magister
I feel like Fusion would be worse than Coast or CurseA in the LCS because pretty much all their strengths get negated and all their weaknesses are exploitable at that level.

I'm not really TOO worried about Coast in the LCS because their biggest issue is positional weakness and there's definitely the talent in the Challenger scene for them to sign someone that's an improvement. Plus junglers are REALLY shitty in NA and Impaler just put on a show. If they can at least boast being better at one position relative to other teams they'll at least do something. After Meteos your next best junglers are guys like Crumbzz and IWD. Big fan of both but it's not like they're the catalyst of their teams wins. Plus two top tier teams just downgraded in the jungler position specifically. These are not things Fusion can take advantage of with Nintendude, he would instantly be the worst jungler in the LCS.

But I'm biased against him...my favorite comment of the day was someone saying today was the first time Nintendude carried Team Coast...

Going back to what this tournament says about the NA challenger scene, is Final 5 being this close to the LCS any different than Giants in the EU scene? Both teams upset other teams in a best of 3 and crazy things happen in best of 3s. I'm actually looking forward to the next IEM because I feel it's finally a chance to see how NA vs. EU goes at the mid tier level.

But regardless, this preseason has been amazing to me. This was yet another tournament shaking out how I desired. At this point even if Dignitas does awful at Cologne I'll hardly be upset. (e-)Sports fans can never expect to have it their way all the time or even most of the time like I am right now.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
If you are in to the scene you would know that giants won a big tournament recently (gamers 2 were there and millenium spirit (2nd team)), allthough it was an upset it was not completely unexpected that they beat Millenium.

The real question here is what H2K will do... They having top challenger players but the last time they chocked immensily.

Erzherzog

Magister
Kassadin...been practicing him as a flex pick and I'm liking it. But do I build him with a tear or no? I normally build a Rod of Ages into a Zhoyna's and with Lich Bane/Rabbas/Defense being in whatever order is needed. But I've seen pros build him with tear instead and sometimes with a RoA and a tear!

Would I build tear against enemies that I'm unlikely to kill in lane but are likewise not a damage threat? Seems like the only time it's wurf.

Renegen

Arcane
I tuned it just in time to see the base race. God I love CLG throwing, I saw Doublelift being ahead of everyone on his team on that push and thinking that he had something to do with a call, and next thing we know they lose the base race, LOL.

bloodlover

Arcane
I am not really convinced about Gambit even though they won IEM. Sure, their top and adc are great but it's not like CLG or DIG were any good anyway. 200cs ahead in top lane in the DIG game and shitting all over Doublelift in the CLG games shows how weak some players actually are. It's not even a competition anymore.

They still lack warding and that might come and bite them hard in future games. Also, Eddie is not so impressive anymore. Then again, neither is Madlife after his games in the pre-season.

edit: Just saw the award ceremony. CLG refusing to shake hands with Gambit. Fucking disgraceful.

Last edited:

Erzherzog

Magister
God Dignitas looks bad. CoreJJ is not the ADC we need and right now Crumbzz does not work well with either Gamsu or Shiphtur.

There's something to be said for having a competent shotcaller. I think Link does it for CLG and well...it's Link.

Crazy meta though. Not even Ori is a hot pick.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
awwww yeeeeeaaaaaaaah trashtalk time
c60c981fc8.jpg

Renegen

Arcane
Yeah Gambit didn't look very good, they were unable to close any of the games, just a lot of tight fights. Entertaining though. Also, congratulations EU, you beat our #7 seed, well deserved, go celebrate. :smug:

Erzherzog

Magister
People are hyping roccat like CRAZY for styling on a Russian team that was A) a backup for another team and B) had 2 backups anyways. People need to realize we could very well be watching the 5th and 6th place teams for both NA and EU. People are still saying roccat is a top tier EU team and I just don't get it. All 4 teams need to leave this tournament looking at what to fix. At least for gambit its just some late game shot calling and pinky could do with going a little less crazy a couple times but he might've been hyped from all the plays he made in games leading up to those last couple.

bloodlover

Arcane
Yeah Gambit didn't look very good, they were unable to close any of the games, just a lot of tight fights. Entertaining though. Also, congratulations EU, you beat our #7 seed, well deserved, go celebrate. :smug:

You forgot UOL > TSM :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom