Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Renegen

Arcane
Yeah, Mejais is pretty core on her because she has really high AP Ratios, 300 AP doubles the strength of her E and R, she also picks up assists by doing nothing. But truth be told, my Mejais has rarely climbed above 10 stacks before the game was really decided. I also use exatly the same rune/masteries as Lemonation when he grinded Janna in the Korean soloque, but I sadly didn't see many of his games.

I won my 13th game and reached Gold 1, part of me wants to keep playing this weekend while part of me wants to stop. Eh, I can always fall back and the road is still grindy to Plat V but I think I'll savour my wins for now.

Jozoz

Prophet
Gotta brag here a little, I managed to make my match history all green, 10 straight ranked wins and I think it's for the first time ever. Damn it feels good, it's these types of streaks that give me confidence I can reach Plat before the season ends.

No one is allowed to play Janna.

God I hate that ult.

Grats on the 10 wins though. It feels damn good.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Renegen, damn son, looking good. If I can give you one advice from personal experience it's don't keep playing like a madman just because you're so close to your goal. I got all the way to plat 1 pretty damn fast, and, after losing my best of 5 at the last game because of bullshit (I bitched about it here, as usual) I stopped playing.

And then when I came back, I could just smell that diamond 5 and played game after game after game, even when it was clear that I was on tilt, and always blaming shit on my teammates, until I dropped to plat 2 twice and even all the way down to plat 3. So, yeah, take your time, specially if you lose a game, analyze whether you're performing at your best level and see what you could've done to lead your team to victory.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Well, that escalated quickly....

And that's not even counting the 250k viewers on youtube, the 500k concurrent viewers on twitch and espn3 both. One chinese streaming site had 2 million viewers and they've got 3-4 of them. Nuts.

It was even broadcast live on Swedish TV. Not on one of the major channels, but still on one that practically every household has access too. Swedish (terrible) casters and all. Nice way to spend a rainy day.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah. As far as I've been able to gather, it was broadcast live on TV stations in Korea and China as well. No idea what stations though.

Still, at this rate the finals will have more spectators than the superbowl in 2017. Where is your god now?

Erzherzog

Magister
Dear god, there seems to be new game breaking bugs reported daily on this game right when many people (ie me) are grinding. And they want to roll out new SR and new jungles. Riots coding always sucked but this will really hurt the game.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Played with an Ahri the other day whose charm would always go off in the wrong direction after dashing. Good thing I had already snowballed her to hell before she even hit six. Had an issue myself with Jarman's Q after engaging with ult where it went the opposite way I aimed. Killed the support by accident though, so it was 'K.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Sometimes I feel casting Sion's Q makes him face a different direction and thus makes the skill miss. Oh and that fiddle video, so fucking good, I was rolling on the floor laughing #redemeed. I'm thinking it might be staged, though, I mean it's actually pretty hard to pull off a zhonya's right after the ult channel is over.

Erzherzog

Magister
Skip this post if you don't care for the pro scene.

As I'm watching the offseason unfold I have learned one thing, these league players are bigger divas than most professional athletes!

Curse signed piglet, both EU junglers stepped down, in fact most EU players living in NA have left. Bjergsen is the only one I can think of still here. I guess that's a sign that NA has improved? The sad thing is how bad NA junglers are though. Was just thinking about it, after Meteos who's the next best NA jungler? crumbzz? IWD? That's just fucking sad.

And finally, why does CLG still run a protect the carry comp? Everyone expects it and at this point Doublelift might not even be a top 3 ADC in NA. Sneaky and Wildturtle I'd definitely say are better, Altec I would probably say as well, and then Vasili might be going to Dig, Piglet on Curse and hell, even when Cop was on Curse he did plenty fine against him. It just makes no sense.

Renegen

Arcane
Dongers have been permanently lowered because Imaqtpie has left DIG, in fact all of DIG is imploding and probably won't exist. ZionSpartan might sign with CLG, but where will the others go? And then most of LMQ also left, I guess they don't think NA is the secret for them to win worlds. Oh man this off-season is pretty crazy.

I think PorpoiseDeluxe the jungler for Team8 is going to impress a lot of people, I saw his Nocturne play and Crumbz's Nocturne and his is much better. He seems to play all the meta junglers incredibly well, but who knows what the S5 jungle will bring.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Can anybody fill me in on the current state of gragas top lane? He has a pretty cool kit, and he seem like he's be a pretty versatile pick (wouldn't have too many bad matchups), but his win rate is really low right now, like 44%.

Erzherzog

Magister
Dongers have been permanently lowered because Imaqtpie has left DIG, in fact all of DIG is imploding and probably won't exist. ZionSpartan might sign with CLG, but where will the others go? And then most of LMQ also left, I guess they don't think NA is the secret for them to win worlds. Oh man this off-season is pretty crazy.

I think PorpoiseDeluxe the jungler for Team8 is going to impress a lot of people, I saw his Nocturne play and Crumbz's Nocturne and his is much better. He seems to play all the meta junglers incredibly well, but who knows what the S5 jungle will bring.

Honestly I think the key to saving Dig is the fellow implosion of LMQ. Assuming Vasilli rumors are true and he goes to Dig and then they can try to re-sign Zion or go for Ackerman. Which only leaves kiwi...I have no idea what to do there.

What I would like to see is Zion stays Vasilli ADC and idc really who support is, that's still a solid line up with obnoxiously strong laners. I can never figure if Zion and Ship give up so much gold to opponents because they don't force them off CS or if Dig just had dragon/baron issues.

I feel like Zion goes to CLG but I feel that would be so stupid. Go to a team that actually did SIGNIFICANTLY worse than dig? They were one game away from being relegated by a team with fucking SaintVicious on it. And their best player is considering quitting.

And BTW, Nintendude, Gleeb, and Nien all forming up a team. It's like someone decided to make a team of all the players blamed for making good teams bad.

Can anybody fill me in on the current state of gragas top lane? He has a pretty cool kit, and he seem like he's be a pretty versatile pick (wouldn't have too many bad matchups), but his win rate is really low right now, like 44%.

I figure he's still good. Are you sure that number doesn't include mid and jungle (and supp) Gragas?

Lol I figured out how you climb plat, just get carried consistenly. Luck is the same thing as skill really.

Got to Plat 3 today... Man I kinda want to try Diamond, but I got other things to do too and I feel like I'm getting carried a lot. Check this out : http://matchhistory.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUN1/998696174/33274123
I got trolled, somebody picked Jarvan jungle for me and I accomplished very little all game 'cept try to control Jizz and Kha'Zix, but everybody else was doing so well we had these teamfights where they murder me, then, their mobility shit used, Tristana jumps, shoots Jizz once, jumps, shoots Khazix once and so on... Well that was my second promo game for Plat3, most deaths in the team of course. EARNED :D

Last edited:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Wasn't there some guy at a very high Elo a few seasons ago with terrible stats in just about every game?

All that hype "just" for the Harrowing, or is that just what what they want us to think?

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
New champion still coming, I'm pretty sure. One of the icons is even called something of the betrayer, which is consistent with the kalista "theory".

Also, there's this: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...ultimate_skin_the_harrowing_and_the_number_6/

I don't buy the nami ultimate skin theory, but there really seems to be something about the number 6 that they're teasing about.

As for Gragas, weirdly enough I was on probuilds and his last 20 games was a diamondprox playing him in the jungle (and actually doing pretty well). He disappeared from top lane, I'm sure he's still viable but probably bottom tier. I've been trying out Malphite top, and it's nice and easy, I like it.

Erzherzog

Magister
pr0lly started a new team with RobertXLee and bubbadub. Can pretty much confirm that pr0lly got kicked thanks to Westrice's bitching. Seriously? Picking Westrice over pr0lly? Insane.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Hope it isn't a Nami skin, since I might be tempted to buy it. :M:

Nice hype train by Riot. Not sure I like them opening up legacy vaults like that, but you don't reach $1 billion in microtransactions in 2014 by not being mercurial.

Erzherzog

Magister
Hope it isn't a Nami skin, since I might be tempted to buy it. :M:

Nice hype train by Riot. Not sure I like them opening up legacy vaults like that, but you don't reach $1 billion in microtransactions in 2014 by not being mercurial.
I still can't get over that figure. Microtranscations are hyper successful. My coworkers bought hundreds of dollars worth of skins and the played the game for all of four months!

And I've all of 2 skins.

Renegen

Arcane
Pretty sure it's Sona that will get the ultimate skin. A huehue investigator even went as far as to find some data of a new Sona skin in the PBE files and Riot confirmed those files. DJ Sona. When it gets released, everyone will magically realize she has the highest win rate in the game and she'll be FOTM. (you also don't make a billion by releasing expensive skins for shit champions)

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
DJ Sona, yeah I heard about that one. Sona has several skins though, does she really fit the hints? Hell, all her regular skills start with "Hymn of..." which doesn't fit one of the hints. Might "just" be a Legendary.

They made tons of money on both PFE and SGU despite neither being super popular at the time, IIRC. If they really wanted to bank, they'd make ultimate skin for Lee Sin or Satan.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I've been looking at some of Stonewall's videos of the new jungle on PBE. Looks rough. Not sure how you could jungle anything except stuff like WW, Nunu or Fiddle without full runes and masteries. Even so, "dedicated" jungle champs like Nautilus get rekt by nujungle before machete upgrade. That, combined with later buff spawns will shake things up a bit.

Erzherzog

Magister
Offseason confirmed for boring as fuck.

Made it to S2! I'm not seeing Gold V in my future before end of season but at the least, I got close coming from S5 in August/September. Managing a winrate of 80% in my last 20. If I make S1 before the end of the week I'll simply try til I succeed or clearly fail.

Galio top. A reasonable pick in a meta where double AP solo lanes are a thing? But is it worth practicing for a situation you get at best a quarter of the time?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom