Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Jozoz

Prophet
Yeah I saw. Sadly. Fiddle nerfs incoming...

Really awesome series though.

The final won't be better than this.

Erzherzog

Magister
Yeah, honestly I'm really disappointed in the matchup for finals, my two least favorite teams in the knockout stages and neither I find particularly exciting. Plus it's fairly certain White will stomp. Their top and m id have gigantic champion pools, bottom lane might be pretty cool and inSec has a huge pool of champions himself.

I just can't see anything besides White's solo lanes shitting on Royal Club relentlessly.

Been doing great in ranked lately but it feels useless, end of season is so close and I'm still in S4. I'm managing to win two out of 3 games for forever now but I figure once I'm near the top I'll slow down, don't want to grind ranked just to end up just shy of gold and all the good rewards.

Renegen

Arcane
I'm pushing for Plat, got 10 straight Janna wins to carry me there. Still, you need to win 7 straight just to go from division II to division I, it's a grind.

Erzherzog

Magister
Won 7 of my last 8, maybe I get there fast? Dear god every game is nerveracking for me.

Glad to know I can play Xerath against nearly any champion now though, got counter picked by Fizz and still won lane semi-decisively. Then again you are a shitty Fizz if you let Xerath roam more than you.

Jozoz

Prophet
I don't think counterpicks matter at all.

I remember when I was in Silver/low gold people would focus so much on counterpicks that they would play champs they have never brought to ranked before. It's just easier playing one champion and then knowing the match-ups.

Renegen

Arcane
Saying counterpicks don't matter is like saying team comps don't matter. They do matter, it's just that people playing new champs for the first time ever kinda is the worst thing you want to do.

Well, picking Lee Sin for the first time to counter Nautilus isn't propably going to work out so well, but picking Ryze for the first time to counter every melee top ever just requires that you have fingers or that you can align your monitor so you can see something while rolling your face on the keyboard.

And since most champions are very easy, counterpicking every time is a viable strategy.

Jozoz

Prophet
Saying counterpicks don't matter is like saying team comps don't matter. They do matter, it's just that people playing new champs for the first time ever kinda is the worst thing you want to do.

I'll go on a limb and say that teamp comps do not matter in solo queue below Gold.

I didn't mean counterpicks don't matter in general. I just mean for solo queue it's better to stick with what you know.

Renegen

Arcane
Of course they matter, that's why the bronze Nidalee support sucked for so long, it did fine in lane but didn't synergize with anyone else.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Yeah I saw. Sadly. Fiddle nerfs incoming...

Really awesome series though.

The final won't be better than this.

Hah, more like Jayce nerfs incoming. Meet the new flavor of the month champion (present in like 90% of my matches today), whose Q will chunk 2/3 of the life of a squishy by mid game. Seriously annoying.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Nah man, they're putting up random chinese splash arts instead of the regular ones (look at that cho'gath thing, he just got an updated one, why not use it, specially since they're already tampering with things?), almost all champions have reverted back to old splashes (including even Sion ffs), besides Zed clearly having a weird ass ghost zed behind him and Twisted Fate's cards being collorless with the one colored card having weird symbols on it, not to mention what seems to be Azir's name scribbled and scratched out on top of him - coincidentally Azir's page doesn't show his splash at all since all this began, I can't imagine that's just a bug or by now they would have fixed it.

Besides, what could be considered as touchups just don't feeel like 'em: Twisted Fate's removed goatee, multiheadead dicks on caitlyn's (http://gameinfo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/caitlyn/), Nami's bloodshot eyes, Zac's background changing from a lab to a cave, Kayle's blood red wings, the weird color tints on Jayce, Janna and Draven... These aren't touchups, they're not improving any of the skins at all. You could argue that's subjective, but even so, they're such minor alterations that I can't imagine Riot would bother, and that's specially true for Kayle and Janna, who already have a new splash art on the PBE.

These are minor, but noticeable, and the fog thing, which is obviously a teaser and seems to be related to the shadow isles given that it's very similar to the fog on the new harrowing login screen besides the lore stating that the isles are covered in a thick black fog, I'm guessing was meant to draw attention the splashes in the first place so people would pick up on these little things and start questioning whether they're seeing things - given that shaco's ultimate is called hallucinate, I wouldn't be surprised if this is really related. He needs a new lore and the shadow isles feel like they'd be a good fit for him. That tarot thing doesn't seem to be TOO far fetched either, who knows.

(Yes, I realized I thought way too much about this)

Also from a redit comment:

"Another interesting thing is that all of the shrouded champions aside from Zed had some other info on their pages tampered with:

Xerath's W states "... Enemies in the center of the blast take 0 (+0) magic damage...", and he's also missing his Recommended items.

Couldn't find a change in Zed's page.

Cassiopeia's E: "Cassiopeia deals 55/80/105/130/155 (+0) magic damage to her target...", missing Recommended items as well.

Lissandra's Q: "... magic damage and slowing Movement Speed by @Effect3Amount*-100@% for 1.5 seconds..."

LeBlanc missing Recommended items. Nothing else, except maybe Mimic (R) range = ... Self?

Hecarim missing Recommended items."

Last edited:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
This guy predicted Gnar and Urf mode a month ahead of release. His account is now deleted. Honesly, if it's true, I'm disappoint, I don't play ADC at all and this seems so much like Nidalee.

Summing it up, it's a new ADC from the shadow isles, apparently some kind of anthropomorphic spirit (gender unclear) named Kalista and he hunts people down for vengeance (does it for other people as long as they sacrifice their souls), fires off many spears, has a stun and a tether to an ally (usually to be used on the support). He's hunting down the champions with the fog effect as they're all betrayers in the lore.

No Shaco rework coming.

Also, another prophet (he called out reaper soraka and something else ahead of time) said the ultimate skin is coming for Sona (dafuq?).

84oQJRW.png

Last edited:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
The reddit dude didn't just predict/guess Gnar and URF, he leaked info on them right down to the exact names. Only way this Kalista thing isn't true is if he's suddenly decided to troll everyone. For what it's worth I also distinctly recall a Rioter commenting on how they'd it'd be cool to make a Shadow Isles ADC in order for a full SI comp to be possible, I'm thinking it was in response to a thread on the forums asking for just that. Plus with the updated lores on SI and the Harrowing coming, it's just the right time for it.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Being able to field full teams from a region is always good, I guess. So far Shadow Isles and Mount Targon can't. Not sure about some other regions, don't think Bilgewater, Piltover or Zaun can field full squads either?

Erzherzog

Magister
Being able to field full teams from a region is always good, I guess. So far Shadow Isles and Mount Targon can't. Not sure about some other regions, don't think Bilgewater, Piltover or Zaun can field full squads either?

I've always been amused by the concept. Zaun needs a support, Noxus needs a support actually, Bilgewater is woefully neglected to the point where I feel champs with random ass backstories might as well be rolled in. Perhaps some champions that need to be decoupled from the Institute of War. Shurima is not that well fleshed out either.

What annoys me is that I feel like there's some good design ideas to fill in gaps, a Batman-esque gadget based Zaun support? A Noxian support that trades health for harass or vice versa? We can practilly field two of going opposing Ionian teams but no Noxian team which is one of the two major factions? Technically they only JUST got a Noxian jungled.

Err I mean league lore is stupid lololol. Its a clear sign I play this game too much that I can even make this post.

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
Incoming imba OP ADC. Man, we haven't had enough of the Lucian/Jinx and Lucian/Tristana combos being the only viable ADCs for a whole year caus of how OP they are. Also I saw the name Kalista being randomly mentioned in a twitch chat, lol.

Jozoz

Prophet
WhyRenektonWhy had to delete his reddit account. I think it's pretty much a given that this Kalista champion will happen.

I guarantee she will have crazy mobility.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane

I've always been amused by the concept. Zaun needs a support, Noxus needs a support actually, Bilgewater is woefully neglected to the point where I feel champs with random ass backstories might as well be rolled in. Perhaps some champions that need to be decoupled from the Institute of War. Shurima is not that well fleshed out either.

What annoys me is that I feel like there's some good design ideas to fill in gaps, a Batman-esque gadget based Zaun support? A Noxian support that trades health for harass or vice versa? We can practilly field two of going opposing Ionian teams but no Noxian team which is one of the two major factions? Technically they only JUST got a Noxian jungled.

Err I mean league lore is stupid lololol. Its a clear sign I play this game too much that I can even make this post.

Pretty sure Blitzcrank is from Zaun though.

I'm thinking this new champion is actually the ruined king from the Shadow Isles, he was apparently betrayed by Hecarim (and Mordekaiser?) and that's why the place went to shit.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Would be fun if he was designed around having to build BotRK first then.
HP costs on skills to make LS a must buy and some %HP on hit to synergize. Some weird mix between Aatrox and Kog/Vayne.

"We thought an ADC whose basic attacks knock back might just be crazy enough to work! But it's fine because she's countered by Jax LOL"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom