Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Erzherzog

Magister
I spied that xPeke picked Liss earlier, huge fan of her had to see what was said about the pick. Announcer states in surprise to the pick "Lisyndra?!"

God can mid move away form the power picks plz.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
And Aatrox is officially obsolete :D
My baby will never be obsolete.
aatrox.png

Erzherzog

Magister
No way.

Alliance lost to BR?

I can't even make a joke I'm too stunned. This is bigger than Fnatic > SSB.

Way to let C9 back in it...

Erzherzog

Magister
CLOUD NINE CLOUD NINE OH MY GOD I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THE MOMENT WHERE YOU GUYS ARE THE HEROES!

AND THEY CAN TAKE FIRST IN GROUPS TOO!

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
First time a NA team beats a KR one in serious competition, right? Impressive performance by C9. Shame that both Fnatic and Alliance are so fucking inconsistent.

Erzherzog

Magister
C9 just throws out the rule book with the plays they make. Managing objectives when NWS is just choking them out.

THEY JUST TRADED 2 TURRETS AND DRAGON AND LOST NOTHING WHILE WHITE SHIELD HAS BARON BUFF

:<

Last edited:

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Fuck fed Zed. Those games were absolutely amazing, too bad the second one did not work out. If C9 was good enough it would have. I hope to see them do just as good against SSB, but I don't have my hopes up.

Fuck U EU :smug:

Erzherzog

Magister
At least they showed they have an idea of what to do when behind.

C9 so used to dominating NA, I wonder if this season where they actually had competition taught them that?

LMQ was another team able to do shit from behind but they were more force-a-fight and pray and NA was too derpy to deal with it.

So anyways, NA and CN either wins worlds I'm happy, since those two regions are sadface right now with no Worlds championships.* Right now I'm cheering for an OMG/C9 finals but honestly I ain't even mad if anyone but SSW wins.

*Fucking southeast asia has a world championship. ahq managed one win against #1 CN and that's literally the extent of their accomplishments in the two years since.

Also, I knew Curse dropped Cop from their roster, did not know they kept him on the Curse Academy team, the only thing that kept them from beating CLG was ADC play, so get ready to see SaintVicious of all people back in the LCS. Ha!

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
Made it back to Gold 3, yay. Mostly off the back of my non-jungle champions however, it turns out I'm 5-0 with Janna this past month but 6-6 with Nocturne. I call jungle every game but when I don't get it it's a free win. My Yorick is pretty fun too, I blind pick and win every lane, and I've discovered Inverted Composer's build with him that makes him a beast late game. The guy played Yorick exclusively to Challenger. Meh, I bet I could grind it to plat if I stuck to top/support, hell I could've abused Nidalee for the past month I mained her for over a year. But it's Nocturne or bust, I don't see the point of playing strong champs if I can't learn how to play properly. Nocturne's pretty shit though, I bet it's like playing Lee these days, make a few ganks, fight a few people and prey to god someone carries. I think I'll go back to building full damage and hope my team takes enough hits.

Yeah, seems like Nocturne didn't like pretty much everything that has changed. ADC's being so slippery while also two-shotting squishies, superb peeling supports and often top laners, Randuin's Omen nerfed, Ghostblade made ADC friendly so now the fuckers get even more movement speed... He doesn't have the same level of retardation as Vi when it comes to helping the assassins.

So he has the tenth worst winrate. Lee has even worse but it's just a combination of his never-ending popularity and the relative difficulty of actually winning a game with him.

I had the most success when I just abandoned damage junglers and focused on Nautilus once again, it's easier to win when your plan doesn't change no matter what. Ganking is all there is, not for the submarine titan is farming wraiths or these objective whatever things.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Manage to string 7 victories together, get my series back to plat 1. The same retard completely ruins the first 2 games of the series. Back to 66 freaking points. Seriously, I'm pretty much a beaten down housewife to this game at this point, it's giving me nothing but stress and taking away all of my time but I just can't stop playing.

Erzherzog

Magister
Well, looks like TSM is world class. Excellent game 3 against SSW

Hope for a miracle but after a game with a good pick and ban phase they can win.

bloodlover

Arcane
Idk man... I think that if SSW would have picked their standard champs and not lolMorgana and blind pick lolKass + no wave clearing they would have won that. Plus, Imp was almost never in fights, compared to the previous games. I'd say TSM won just because SSW fucked themselves with the picks.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I've just had a dream. In this dream I met Hai in a church and was too starstruck to tell him what I wanted to. Which was that I love him, but he gotta go. Or stop consistently being the reason they lose, due to his inconsistent plays. And it's way easier said then done.

Still, very exciting games and a decent showing from C9. Sure, I'm disappointed, especially since it was so close to at least 3:2, and The Worlds are going to be less interesting now, but it was fun while it lasted. I can't wait to see their next games.

PS: Another thing. Do you guys have any ideas how to deal with the fact that in best of 5s you can tell the outcome very quickly due to the number of games on the YT page? Even with the big "a whole day" videos, you can estimate the number of games played by their length.

This sucks, and that last C9 game would've been much more interesting if I didn't know there wasn't going to be a 5th one. All I can do is either download a big video and fool myself into believing there can be 2 games played in an hour, or scroll a page to the bottom with my eyes closed, go up from there and download games individually. Very often I fuck this up.

I'm sure there is an easy way to deal with it, but I think Riot should be the one providing a solution. Like, for example, always putting up 5 videos, even if the last 1 or 2 were to be blank. And make videos be of a set length, no matter how long the game itself lasts, so we can't tell when it's coming to a close.

Am I the only one who has a problem with that?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom