Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Any verdict on the birdman yet? Seems to be a bit bugged on release (shocking, I know). Looks like he could be fun to play.

Pretty fun. FUCK YOU CHINGCHONG YOU CAN'T JUMP OVER THIS WALL NOW GET STABBITY DEATH

Then again killing Lee with any champion is pure joy.

Sadly Jizz can go over it because of course he can.

His turret damage is absurd and he's a boss in sieges where he can create a tower to protect your team, and of course his ultimate. He has a lot of base damage in his soldiers too.

I like that his ult starts behind him so he pushes assassin fags to the other side pretty reliably.

Last edited:

Erzherzog

Magister
Behold, our savior from Yasuo mid spam
azir-solo-baron-bug.jpg

Azir the almighty! Thank god.

Erzherzog

Magister
But no, seriously, Azir is squishy as fuck. Great siegeing, amazing waveclear. I'll probably pick him in matches where I don't feel so safe as Xerath. If they dive, Q your soldiers to yourself, and just E. Anywhere. Gigantic burst in a mechanically easy as fuck combo.

Well I for one have had trouble getting people to follow up on my plays and it seems like nobody knows yet that allies can pass the wall so when Olaf is charging at the adc they can just switch sides as long as the wall stands.

Renegen

Arcane
Those win rates are overrated, it's just a small blip that always appears the first day but has very little data to back it up, if you look at the actual graph it's still empty. Yasuo had 35% on his first day and then straight to almost 50%.

Erzherzog

Magister
I feel he's mostly a counter pick, and he has some significant risks, obnoxiously squishy and setting up sieges he has to get a bit close for comfort. He's niche but not bad at all, huge upside.

Erzherzog

Magister
Why does SEA have such a fucking boner for Rengar still?

EDIT: Wait. Prolly is at Korea doing the pre-game shows as well? Please tell me he's not been doing all this screen time pro bono.

Herp derp TSM is just Bjergsen - ace accross the map for the second time (first against lmq)

Cool play, but why pick one that was started by Bjergsen to highlight how he's not the driving force? Also, watch that match at 33 minutes and understand what trash Winds is.

Last edited:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Bro, you a self proclaimed TSM hater, and that's blinding you. Watch the video and you'll see how Dyrus 1v1'ed at top and Wildturtle and Lustboy did the same at bottom, just like in the last LMQ game at playoffs. In fact, it was Dyrone that was the driving force on the LMQ game.

And watch Insec's rengar, that champion is still beast when well played and in the right comp.

Erzherzog

Magister
I don't know man, apparently when the enemy top laner overextends to stop a teleport its some amazing play to kill him. And apparently saying Bjergsen is by far TSM's best player is somehow wrong. And it's not like I haven't credited Amazing for recent play either.

TSM fans got their blinders on.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I was just pointing out that you were saying that a map wide ace (and again, there were two of them) was a play "started by Bjergsen", which is clearly false for both occasions...

And if having a commanding performance against an asian team (which by the way managed a 7k gold lead against royal club too) isn't noteworthy for a western team, I don't know what is.

Erzherzog

Magister
I was just pointing out that you were saying that a map wide ace (and again, there were two of them) was a play "started by Bjergsen", which is clearly false for both occasions...

And if having a commanding performance against an asian team (which by the way managed a 7k gold lead against royal club too) isn't noteworthy for a western team, I don't know what is.

I never said "Bjergsen started that play" but what he did was actually play well enough to allow the other lanes to push aggression. He locked down the jungler and the mid by himself at the start of that play.

And I like how you phrase it as "asian team" implying that Southeast Asia has anywhere near the skill level China (that region with a number 2 seed throttling TSM) or Korea. They have only 2 seeds for a reason.

And we're having this discussion because I'm not praising TSM hard enough, that's how much of a blind fanboy you are.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Cognitive dissonance at it's finest. It's written bro, you can't unsay it unless you edit the post:

Herp derp TSM is just Bjergsen - ace accross the map for the second time (first against lmq)

Cool play, but why pick one that was started by Bjergsen to highlight how he's not the driving force? Also, watch that match at 33 minutes and understand what trash Winds is.

If Dyrus outplaying his opponent on top lane (at the very least on the lmq game) and wildturtle and lustboy definitely outplaying their opponents on both occasions is actually the direct result of how Bjergsen's awesomeness radiates across the entire map, I guess that's just up to you.

Erzherzog

Magister
TPA's top laner burned everything to stop Dyrus's teleport? It's outplaying yes, but it sure as hell not impressive when all he had to do was move forward and cast spells and not expect any retaliation.

We watched this guy do nothing special all season, suddenly Amazing catches fire and gets good ganks in the top lane on a consistent basis and we're supposed to faun over Dyrus instead? Get real. Bjergsen and Amazing have been carrying and TSM will go however far those two carry them.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
You know, when I know I'm wrong I also focus on an almost irrelevant part of what is being discussed about which I have some semblance of being right and then use that tiny part to try and prove my point anyway (even though my big conclusion doesn't follow from these premisses).

I'll explain for the last time in a way which I hope you'll not be able to twist again: Wildturtle and lustboy outplayed their opponents all on their own, no help from anyone on the rest of the team. In fact, I'm pretty sure they were even behind in farm at the TPA game when it happened. And while Dyrus' solo kill might've not been the most impressive thing ever at the TPA game, it certainly was on the LMQ one, where he pretty much carried his team to victory at the very game which would decide if they made it to worlds. TSM is far from being just Bjergsen or Bjergsen and Amazing. Bjerg might be star of the team, but he isn't the only factor behind their recent success.

Erzherzog

Magister
Well at this point my opinion on TSM is highly dependent on their knockout stage performance. SK came in with huge problems, I highly doubt they beat TSM even with sven but if they do they'll have something to brag about I guess. TPA are starting to look really bad though, that second match against SK was...come on...you're supposed to be world class. We all knew China was second best region so no shame in letting #2 Chinese team take first in the group. Taking a game off them tomorrow would be a statement, and I would like NA to get a favorable opninon after worlds. And if they take second they likely face Samsung White. Good luck with that.

No seriously, good luck. Imp is a fucking douche (watch part 3 of the Worlds 'documentary'). If TSM can take even 1 game off of them it will mean something, and NA needs TSM to do well for a good rep, so be it. Might be unsalavageable though. NA has more player from foreign nations playing for them than actual US/Canadian players, and you really can't argue anything for the region after that. Still, all eyes on C9 vs. Alliance. I can't be anything but extremely hyped for that. Hai needs to get his shit together if they even want to have hope. Bjergsen made him look like a little girl in the regionals.

So anyways, Azir. I've won lane every match I've had with him and I've done well in teamfights. I'm not understanding his low win rate because he doesn't feel bad at all, I normally build him straight AP glass cannon, but I find he's not so mana hungry so my first item choice is pretty open to whatever I want. But builds though, I've seen a couple take him top, he does well against champions that dive. His E gets bonus shielding from bonus health, and his soldiers proc on cast abilities. So I wonder, would RoA, Rylais, or Liandries be bad choices on him? Morellinomicon works well for him for mana and CDR, Banner of command for even more insane siegeing? Athenes for any sort of AP match up plus Lucidity boots is an instant 40% CDR with masteries. I'm wondering if I'm putting too much faith into AP/Health items though? The shield only lasts for 4 seconds, but then again he needs something because in order to get a meaningful ult he pretty much has to W>E into the enemy frontline. I'm still waiting for a play where I catch someone on the wrong side of a base wall and I simply cut the enemy team entirely in two.

And as for personal matches go, it's still great! Won 7 of my last 8, 9 of my last 11, and 13 of my last 17, after a 7 game losing streak! Sadly I'm still ass as support. After at least a dozen if not a dozen and a half practices as Thresh, I bring him ranked to help my support woes and I do not do nearly enough to win. I know lately the mentality of support is to get mobi boots, as you ideally win bot then roam mid to win that too. I get mobi boots, and they help for vision but I've never helped mid snowball so that's a reason for sucking as support. With no real practice, Swain has become my secret counterpick weapon. Lots of Akalis, Talons, and a couple other diving assassins mid lately, and if he's even at level 6 it's an easy win. Stupid easy to zone out enemy assassins with Swain, and with not a lot of tank junglers, he rocks against ganks as well. And I got his awful AA down pretty good now, had perfect CS after 3-4 waves my last game against Akali. Derped out though and went Deathcap after RoA instead of Zhoynas, in my defence I nearly pulled off a 1 v 4 until the fifth rushed over to help. Had a triple kill and was going for one last E on the fourth to secure a kill and then dead from a burst of damage. Still finished 16/3/7 so happy regardless. I can't even remember the last time I lost lane, the extra practice in team builder has been a great boon. It might be time to take Ahri out of practice into ranked, I just hate my mana management on her right now. Would love to see LeBlanc get a buff, now that my CSing skills are better and I want a good AP assassin mid for situations where Xerath is suboptimal.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dyrone dominated with his Rumble. TSM had lead after 15-20 minutes and slowly choked the chinese. Could've gone faster but TSM got outplayed twice in rotations that gave SHR two free barons. Fun game.
If TSM beats SK now as they should there gonna be another tiebreaker game vs SHR to secure the first place after the regular schedule as both will end on the same score.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom