Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Erzherzog

Magister
Assassins on the rise, ADCs way more important since the item changes, tanks all day in top lane in this meta? Swain is a god tier mid now. Level 6 Swain laughs at any assassin mid that doesn't use grievous wounds, or smart enough to start the fight with ignite. Just shat on a Talon mid, he maxed out W anyways so anytime that was down I could just all in even before 6. Oh you silenced me? I still have autos numbnuts and were level 3.

Especially eager for the Viktor rework (all hail, etc. etc.), since lately it has been back to old mid lane picks for me. (Which would mean LeBlanc soon. But that would be dumb as shit. EDIT: Or she's getting rework buffs. Maybe. Maybe.) Bated breath for Azir still as well but he's probably out of my skill range. Saved up 9400 IP at this point because anyone else I would buy cost a crapload as well.

Thinking of getting an ADC (I have none...that I'm good at now that Draven has trouble in the meta.) Caitlynn? I'm essentially looking for a safe, relative standard ADC experience so I can practice and finally not suck so much balls at ADC. The only thing I can do well is teamfights and itemization, but woodelo has learned (finally) to avoid BT as a first item. This shit took months for them to figure out. (Then again I rocked Ardent Censer until recently as well...)

In other news Talon marked for nerfs...guess I'll stop practicing him? Either he's nerfed outright and he's not that good now, or he's reworked to an extent that I would probably need practice on all over again anyways. Was looking for an easy to learn AD mid, guess it won't be him. I could try practicing Zed again, but my mechanics are shite. Can't pull off an Ult>Bork>W>Triple Q>E combo to save my life.

Kha'zix nerfs again apparently. Has he had more than Irelia at this point? God forbid someone besides Lee Sin or Elise is getting picked competitively. I haven't even really used him in ranked since they nerfed him last time, but I play him pretty much everytime my coworkers have me play.

All my coworkers stopped playing for now to play Destiny though. I'm not sticking in just for soloq forever.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Kha'zix isn't just getting picked, he's the new Lee Sin. Competitive jungler champion has been the smallest one out of all lanes since at least when I started watching LCS. It's Kha'zix, nu nu, elise, lee sin and Jarvan if 3 of those get banned.

Renegen

Arcane
Holy cow, is Destiny really the new game to take the crown, is it that good? All the passing fads have to change what games people play, League was a fad at some point too.

I played with 2 Talons this weekend so far, they're much more common than before that's for sure. Both were on my team and one simply dominated. What makes him kinda broken is that he needs very few items to be effective, just a Tiamat and mobi boots and he can kill any lane. I don't know how they'll nerf that.

Ahri is a good assassin btw, they overbuffed her because they wanted to see her at Worlds, she's the 1 assassin (with Talon...) that is really good at teamfighting and at roaming. Her high win rate shows that she's pretty easy to play, and I don't think Riot will nerf her.

Yeah, they might as well call it League of dashes at this point, since there's only a handful of non-support champions who lack one that are still effective at a competitive level. Off the top of my head, I can only think of kog maw, syndra, orianna and xerath seeing regular play lately.

Yep, most of my favorite champs lack mobility and lately it's a pain in the ass to kill anyone, with all their damn dashes.

Thinking of getting an ADC (I have none...that I'm good at now that Draven has trouble in the meta.) Caitlynn? I'm essentially looking for a safe, relative standard ADC experience so I can practice and finally not suck so much balls at ADC. The only thing I can do well is teamfights and itemization, but woodelo has learned (finally) to avoid BT as a first item. This shit took months for them to figure out. (Then again I rocked Ardent Censer until recently as well...)

Cait is pretty good for a safe ADC pick. ADC is my worst position, so I rarely play it, unless I am last pick or something, so I used to play some Twitch or Graves or Ez, then bought Cait. I still suck, but she is so much easier to play because of her insane auto attack range. You can pretty much stand under turret or behind your support and still cs or harass their team. Got an escape, indirect cc, nice finisher, and a great harass spell. The range also really helps out in team fights.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
What's worse is not being able to go through walls without wasting flash.

If you guys are trying to climb solo que, I'd advise against learning all positions. I considered it myself and it's just not worth the time investment to learn something you'll only be forced to play 1 out of every 50 or so games. Actually, if you wanna climb really fast, should probably stick to 1-4 champions at most.

Personally I only play jungle and support, and should learn toplane (probably why I'm not diamond already since my winrate on the new account ranges from great to amazing with everything but shyvana, my "safe" toplaner).

Learning ADC or mid would take time that I could spend improving my jungling or supporting or learning top lane, which does come up relatively often. Also, something else you can do is just duo with someone who plays your weaker positions, that will really minimize the chance of you having to play them.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Also, I don't usually get leavers or people with connection problems on my team, but when I do I'm in a promotion series.

Focusing mostly on support and top these days. I feel like my jungle mojo is gone and my ADC mechanics are terrible. Mostly playing mage supports. Favorite ones are Vel'koz, Zyra, Nami and Karma. Picking up Morgana as well since she is crazy strong and if she's open I'd rather not face her. Vel'koz is a lot of fun, people really underestimate his damage output.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
lol that video has to be staged

Well, account buying season has started. Is anyone else here on plat 1/diamond 5? I'm running into people who are clearly eloboosted just about every single damn game. The difference between straight up playing at bronze 5, where I can carry easily, and playing like this is that there's just one bronzie on the game usually, and if he's on your team he WILL get wrecked, because he's playing against someone who is platinum/diamond, and he WILL ruin your game.

And also, ban Tristana. Every single game. That champion is cancer personified, takes no skill at all to play (longest range in the game at lvl 18 and a bullshit jump for whenever you screw up) and is currently just the hardest carry in the entire game. If it gets past 40 minutes with her on the enemy team, say goodbye to victory, no matter how well you're doing.

Renegen

Arcane
No love for SK? I've started to like them for Fredy's Aatrox and the really aggressive carry jungler Svenskeren, definitively the european team to cheer for me. I know very little about all the asian teams besides "lol west sucks" so I don't know where to put anything. I think Royal Club is the team that's having huge internal conflicts? I heard their adc publicly wanted out of the team, they might finish last.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Could you guys recommend me some cool game from the last few weeks? Something with a twist, like those Poppy or Hecarim shenanigans.

Erzherzog

Magister
No love for SK? I've started to like them for Fredy's Aatrox and the really aggressive carry jungler Svenskeren, definitively the european team to cheer for me. I know very little about all the asian teams besides "lol west sucks" so I don't know where to put anything. I think Royal Club is the team that's having huge internal conflicts? I heard their adc publicly wanted out of the team, they might finish last.

You would like a player because they picked one of your favorite champs. You're so hardcore on your favorites and don't think I've forgotten you're an Aatrox fan! (Though I think he's p. cool too.)

Who knows? Maybe Europe's picks work well at worlds? They're definitely more creative than NA, NA are total sheeps to Korea. It literally hurt when I was trying to figure out why there was some variety in picks for mid and I looked it up and it was simply because Faker/Korea did it. As soon as I heard Faker did a match on Zilean I knew NA would and they did.

Pretty stoked for worlds. I feel everyone is getting too caught up in "X is so much better than Y" to recognize that upsets can and will happen, anomalies will happen, Kabum taking a game actually is extremely important considering how close Alliance and Cloud 9 are expected to be (/Sorta White Shield as well, some do think C9 and All are the exact right teams to combat them.)

If the tourney goes down extremely Vanilla (ie, Koreans unbeatable, China clearly no. 2) then I will be bored as fuck, but everyone is shouting it so loudly as if it's set in stone. Might as well crown Samsung Blank now, with all Korean and Chinese teams advancing with the shit people say. God forbid someone gets upset. Group B and D should at least be interesting to watch. I'm getting hyped for C9 and OMG. I definitely need to watch more LPL games, as I have no real idea what I'm following and until recently I didn't know the Chinese region was so highly regarded.

Could you guys recommend me some cool game from the last few weeks? Something with a twist, like those Poppy or Hecarim shenanigans.

Crazy picks, boring matches IMO. I suffered through all of CA vs. CLG because "omg clg gon git relegated!!!11!" only to watch CLG take their clearly superior bottom lane and base the whole team around it. Tristana with BT + Lulu, Orianna, and Janna is simply too much for my stomach to handle, Trist could just sit still and fight with NO RISK AT ALL. Other games were similarly cheesy to some extent.

I'm actually getting really fucking pissed about nu-BT. Riot has snowballing right? In my experience when ADCs pick up BT as like a 4th item in the teamfighting stage they're essentially off limits for poking. All your damage gets erased at no cost. Had a game where I was Xerath against 3 tanks/offtanks, a Ziggs that fed and a Lucian that got fed. As Xerath I had to keep on Ziggs because Lucian simply wasn't going to be poked down to any meaningful point.

And then it makes hard carries ADCs so fucking safe late game. Literally no cost to picking those guys right now. who cares if you die a couple times laning? Levels + BT means you're simply untouchable. I'm actually not opposed to success from TSM because that most likely means a team is finally winning games off of plays from a lane other than bottom which is so fucking boring now. Top lane too, oh hey, Lulu has erased all carry tops from playing. Here's to some competent mids getting on an assassin and ruining someones day.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Erzherzog Erzherzog, I agree with you on the hard carry stuff. I feel like they should really suffer through laning phase in order to be balanced. I remember watching a game of TSM vs LMQ where TSM had a significant lead throughout but LMQ had the "skill" to pick tristana, so eventually she got to 3 items and they started losing teamfights, it's pretty ridiculous. At least on Dota you lose gold upon death, so you can actually shut down carries by killing them.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
No love for SK? I've started to like them for Fredy's Aatrox and the really aggressive carry jungler Svenskeren
1 down, 1 to go. http://na.lolesports.com/articles/league-legends-competition-ruling-dennis-“svenskeren”-johnsen
Shitty google translate (has some pictures though): https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/life/20140916/470799/&edit-text=
420_28e92c817d0ee31c7ea8ce34ebde2745.jpg

420_5b185b0228454982f6978d8434951ff5.jpg

Last edited:

bloodlover

Arcane
Does anyone know anything about the Chinese scene? Can I look at some of their past games? I'm really curious on how they will do against Korean teams. NA and EU are banal shit boring though I am hoping some adjustments in their gameplay will make them worth watching.

Its a long running issue of people picking champs they are noob with it in ranked and singlehandedly ruining the game for his own teammates. I've lost so many games cause of this issue.

My picks/predictions for group stage http://pickem.lolesports.com/#series/1/user/101602/my-picks

Seems I am not the only one that does not count NA teams. :salute: My picks would be kind of the same.

Renegen

Arcane
Svenskeren suspended for THREE games? That's fucking huge man, it sucks. A bit of an overexageration by Riot, maybe they don't want this to get bigger, but I don't know the guy and how he is.

edit: also how is ching chong that offensive? Reading about asians in that part of the world shows THEY are really racist. Everyone outside of korea are called "foreigners" by koreans and so much more.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Everyone outside of korea are called "foreigners" by koreans and so much more.
Oh, it's fine then :roll:

It is offensive. Sure it seems silly, since it's just a stupid game on the internet, isn't it? It is a very harsh sentence, but I think it's cool "real sports standards" can be applied to League. Serious business. Real world.

Perhaps he will learn something.

Erzherzog

Magister
Any verdict on the birdman yet? Seems to be a bit bugged on release (shocking, I know). Looks like he could be fun to play.

I'll let you know as soon as he's no longer disabled.

Seriously Riot, you fucking suck at this.

"Azir's so soon because we were bugfixing Gnar!"

"Lol hai guis, Azir delayed too, but we cocktease frist dis tiem"

EDIT: I run some errands and he's up when I get back. The counter jinx I guess? (Not sure if Azir counters Jinx though.)

Also, am I the only one that already calls Azir 'Aziz'? Or is Aziz still too under the radar?

Last edited:

bloodlover

Arcane
That Warriors clip was soooooo bad. I wounder if they could have made it less epic...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom