Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Erzherzog

Magister
I don't trust the words of a guy that managed to kick his own brother out of an organization.

Renegen

Arcane
The Team 8 vs Curse Academy games delivered yesterday and was as good as anticipated, really good viewing. Team 8 ran the exact same Nocturne team comp they did in their semi finals 3 games in a row against CA, right until CA finally decided to ban Nocturne but T8 won 3-1 anyway. T8's strategy relied on having a dive heavy top laner, mid laner and a hard scaling adc; then Nocturne just builds full tank and ults in whenever there's an opportunity. They were playing so well together, everytime Nocturne would ult the top laner would teleport undetected and flank them. The more I looked at their team comp the more amazed I was at how perfect it was, usually Nocturne builds damage and dies instantly but there he was super useful. By comparison the other team had no synergy, they relied on Zilean ult and that's it. The games were really eventful too, although T8 played solid they were behind at first and only a Saintvicious throw in game 2 swung the momentum to T8's favor and allowed them to coast to victory. You can never get enough Saintvicious tears.

I bet we'll see more Nocturne team comp out of T8 in their relegation tournament, unless it's permabanned.

Erzherzog

Magister
Pretty sure I saw noc in the regionals too, Im pretty sure it was IWillDominate. God I love watching his picks.

Teams have tooled around with protect the carry comps so I think dive comps have gotten pretty popular. Mid laners better start practicing assassins again! And Im amazed Jax has not been picked more for this reason. Is Lulu that good against him? I'm amazed Noc is getting picks for pro matches but Vi is not. I guess the added vision control is what makes the difference? I know crumbzz was running noc a bit solely for vision.

And I fucking love that Kha'zix turns out to still be a strong pick, he suits my jungle style and it turns out the reason he was out of favor was irrelevant to me, because I was trash at managing hks damage redcution anyways. Hilarious to see Kha and Rango actually in meta at the same time. The hunt is on! #TeamKha

Jozoz

Prophet
Big day today for Riot.

Champion reveal, Patch notes, the new Ascension game mode announced and perhaps most importantly of all Fiddlesticks' Drain is now fixed.

Happy days.

Erzherzog

Magister
Whens the last time two champs came out this close in a row? I wonder if it was planned or if Gnar was that underwhelming. Even Vel'koz seemed more popular on release.

Also, ascensions game mode? I didnt see that mentioned but maybe Surrenderat20 missed it or I did. Will Azir be on the patch for worlds?

EDIT: Yeah completely missed the new game mode. I figured League had room for a battle royale mode such like the Bloodlines: Champions game no one played. But why on crystal scar? you mean to tell me you couldnt make a simple desert map? not like crystal scar is at all visually appealing.

Last edited:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I'm pretty sure it was planned, they probably had two completely separate teams working on each champion and they both just came to be ready at the same time. I'd guess either the new dude finished early or Gnar was delayed.

Gnar probably sold pretty well just on the cuteness factor alone. Read the comments at surrenderat20 and you'll see a lot of league's playerbase is just the kawaii omg gosu (?) kind of people.

And no, pretty sure the patch for worlds will be 4.14.

Renegen

Arcane
Azir will be coming out on the 4.20 patch, his login music will be Darude Sandstorm, confirmed.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
The concept of Azir is a lot more compelling to me than Gnarl, I like champs that are based on establishing zones of control.

Still, I should probably just stop playing, was considering trying to make a final effort to grind for gold until I saw that the reward was a Morgana skin. Meh.

Erzherzog

Magister
I play a lot of Morgana so that skin would be highly wurf for me. In fact I think the only way I can get to gold from my current state is to grind Morg since shes my best champion by far. also helps that shes low-elo freelo.

PlanHex Whats even better is that theyre having people volunteer for the restrictions! How can you test the functionality when your test group is already not the fucking problem? Player behavior fail again. Its been years and all theyve done is get team builder out the door amd create a defunct honor system. Still an incredibly obnoxious community.

Yay, I found a main, I'll just spam Karma everywhere. Jungle is a bit slow but the ganks are funny and it's nice to have a jungler with poke so I can always deal the most damage in the team and get yelled at by retards who couldn't finish the kill if the target DC'd

Jozoz

Prophet
Morgana is freelo in general.

One of the strongest champions in the game without a sliver of doubt.

Renegen

Arcane
Here in NA Braum is always banned but Morgana sneaks through quite often. She is so annoying to play against but also really boring to play as. Her greatest strength besides the impossible to outplay Q is her E, and that takes no skill. I don't think I'll ever say to myself "boy I sure could play some Morgana right now", I don't see ever using the victorious skin, meh.

Jozoz

Prophet
I think the skin could also be for Shyvana or maybe even Syndra.

It sure looks a lot like Morgana though.

I remember last year they wanted to make it sort of a secret too and the image file was literally named VictoriousElise.jpg

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Yeah im fucking done with this game's community.
Will only play with friends from now on.
Also elo jobbing for a friend. If anyone here is from BR servers, im taking payments :smug:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Why drool over LCS. Most people don't understand WHY pros make choices they do. Not just in online games. They don't see why some other choices were inferior from pro's perspective.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Damn, Riot is pushing stuff out fast:

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/08/827-pbe-update.html#more

Cassiopeia TU/GU and Renekton TU plus a new champion on the same patch. Pretty sure they're doing this as fast as they can to have less champions to clash with the new map's art style.

Also, new Kha'Zix skin is fairly lame, really dislike the purple/weird green color scheme but whatever.

Such buildup, I was sure it was gonna be the ultimate, but I guess they wanted him to have a cheaper skin too, since his release is already a 1350 one.

In the meantime, I've been playing Dota and I have to say, it's its own kind of fun. You know shit like teemo shrooms before the nerf to their AP ratio? Almost every hero has some kind of bullshit ability or function or something like that. Pudge has a freaking longer range blitzcrank hook AND warwick's ultimate, for example.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I think I will just follow the Finns advice and play bullies in every lane. Only way I've had fun past few games. That hyperaggressive 21/9 Doran's Blade Yorick was a lot more fun than the more conservative version I'm used to playing. Also, full AP when playing support mages. No more pussy footing around, I'm stuck in wood Elo anyway and for good reason too, might as well have fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom