Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Nidolee is only dangerous if you are a noob or your mid plays some shit useless champion (i.e. anything other than AP Kog)

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
And in every teamfight when she is in the back throwing her spears or on sieges when she pokes you all the time...

She is the best mid champ there is...

Last edited:

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
She's strong but there are champs that do well against her. A competent Yasuo does well (although the only people that really play him often as a counterpick are the Samsung guys) as does TF. Anyone with alot of waveclear can shove her in early and kill the creep wave during sieges usually works well too. With the spear width nerfs I think it will be alot harder to poke people pff towers.

bloodlover

Arcane
So now that Twitch got hit by the nerfbat as well as lifesteal items, what will be the top tier adc's? (besides Lucian ofc). I wonder if we'll see the comeback of long range champs like Cait or Trist.

Renegen

Arcane
And in every teamfight when she is in the back throwing her spears or on sieges when she pokes you all the time...

She is the best mid champ there is...
R00fles!

No.. honestly I love Nidalee on the enemy team because it means their teamfight sucks and soloque is all about teamfights. The new one will be just as bad in teamfights, so there's that.

Nidalee still seems too good, but at least her spears don't hit thin air next to you WHAT 1,5K DAMAGE FUCK anymore.

Let's talk about Skarner though. Is there a reason now to pick him over Vi, Malphite, Amumu, Sejuani or say Udyr? I guess he's supposed to fight the frontlines now, but he has no % health damage so what the hell does he do, stun them a bit and drag them around? I don't get it. His itemization sucks dick too.

Oh I miss the days when fighting Skarner at close quarters was suicide.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Never played Skarner, but it really seems like his rework gutted him and left him without an identity. No idea why they didn't just stick %HP damage on him too like with every other champ. Why Nid got a fuckton on damage on top of utility on her traps puzzles me.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So I was thinking about getting into this.

I did some reading and Renektor, Trundle, and Nasus interested me.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ye, expect atleast 500 games or so till you grind for Runes and favorite champions. To get to the fun part, ie ranked games will take you about 300 games or so I think.
You can pay for champs in you dont want to grind for them, but runes cant be bought with monehs.

Indeed. It's like a 10€ for a champion, and you can't buy levels or runes with money other than buying an account from some chinese robot in ebay. In comparison Smite lets you buy all gods for 25€ (and if I understood correctly, that's all gameplay-relevant shit that exists in that game).

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
To even it out, the learning curve is quite huge and it takes a while to get good at it. It was easier when I started cause there were only 40 champs available, now there's 110 champs that you need to keep track off, their abilities, cooldowns etc. Plus to learn the map takes ages, buffs respawns, best gank setups etc etc etc.
If I started to play it now, dont know if I could start all over again to learn a new MOBA altogether. One of the reasons I stay away from Dota2 is the learning curve and the amount of time needed to just get the basics done.

Renegen

Arcane
On the upside, League probably has the best community infrastructure. Ranked is the most "normal" you could expect, everyone is within 50 mmr of you, you can only have a max of 2 people grouped together and their skill needs to be close, afks aren't too common, the queue times are less than 2 minutes at almost all hours and you can find videos and guides on everything. The most obscure matchup, closing out games, you've got it. There's plenty of visibility for what you need to improve on to get better. And the developers update and balance the game pretty regularly (debatable whether other games do it better). At the end that's what makes League good, the commitment is greater than any other developer so if you want the hardcore competitive experience, it's a great one.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I doubt I could bear going through the process of learning another MOBA from scratch or going through the grind to level another LoL account. I really think Riot should do something to reduce the 1-30 grind as well as make a.number of champs permanently F2P, like all 450 IP champs for example.

That said, pretty good selection of champs there. Trundle is great, especially as a counterpick to the other two champs you mentioned.

DragoFireheart

Don't bother, Dota2 has free everything while in LoL you have to grind everything the hardest possible way.

Or pay to win... :troll:

Grinding is only an issue if the grind is unfun. I've also played Dota so this isn't anything new gameplay wise.

Ye, expect atleast 500 games or so till you grind for Runes and favorite champions. To get to the fun part, ie ranked games will take you about 300 games or so I think.
You can pay for champs in you dont want to grind for them, but runes cant be bought with monehs.

Well, if the game isn't fun to begin with this is a moot point.

That said, pretty good selection of champs there. Trundle is great, especially as a counterpick to the other two champs you mentioned.

That was the idea: find 3-4 heroes that are counters to each other (also ones that aren't weebo females).

If I were going to pick a 4th it would be Jax.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You're going to need to learn a pair of ADCs, a pair of mids, a pair of supports and a jungler or two as well. If you expect to go into every game playing a solotop champion (granted, your choices make passable junglers as well), you're going to end up disappointed 80% of the time.

DragoFireheart

You're going to need to learn a pair of ADCs, a pair of mids, a pair of supports and a jungler or two as well. If you expect to go into every game playing a solotop champion (granted, your choices make passable junglers as well), you're going to end up disappointed 80% of the time.

Why 8+ or so champs? What's preventing me from sticking with one champ?

Renegen

Arcane

Why 8+ or so champs? What's preventing me from sticking with one champ?
Other people, they're wretched I know.

Although if you use teambuilder pre-30 you might be able to play exclusively what you like, idk. You may also just change your tastes. I used to play Fiddlesticks and Veigar non stop pre-30, now I never use them. Finding your playstyle requires you to play multiple roles and champions.

DragoFireheart

Finding your playstyle requires you to play multiple roles and champions.

While I'm fine with this, I also don't want to play any of the weebooish heroes. I prefer otherkin/angry monster champs.

This is more for just starting though. I'm sure as I play I'll get more heroes.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Champs role is preventing you to win the game for your team. For example, I can go mid or support with Lulu with good results, while going jungling is also viable with her, there are other champs that are better suited for that cause that you can select and be a strong point for your team.

Btw, top lane is most boring lane to play. Jungle is where all the fun is. No lasthitting, scan the map and do some ganks.
Oh and those 4 you listed are all toplaners. They can work in jungle too, besides Trundle they are all better off in top lane farming.

Renegen

Arcane
Finding your playstyle requires you to play multiple roles and champions.

While I'm fine with this, I also don't want to play any of the weebooish heroes. I prefer otherkin/angry monster champs.

This is more for just starting though. I'm sure as I play I'll get more heroes.
Then you'll love Ezreal, sugoii.
lovely_ezreal_by_zupaipai-d556r0e.png

No but seriously. The way skills transfer in League is pretty funny. You might play a lot of Ezreal and learn to kite and use skillshots really well, so you then play Nidalee top. Or you play a lot of Trundle and become really goot at using your autos correctly so you play Nocturne or Vayne.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Here's a good tip:

Don't start playing this shit game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom