Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Erzherzog

Magister
Normally listen to some Led Zeppelin when I play normals with the coworkers, the music keeps the stress low*, our last match finished at the exact same time Stairway to Heaven was. Literally the last line started when the announcer said victory. 'Twas awesome.

*(I actually found some competent coworkers now though, so much more fun. Like holy shit the most fun I've had with the game. The guys that work in my shop are still dumb as hell though. One dude was building a hydra on Varus for a minute)

Still, it's pretty clear Dawngate is already a failure. Personally I think it's better than LoL but nobody's heard of it, and it's gonna get rolled by HotS, and it has a problem with the hero design in that they're really lame. A retarded sheep thrower, a graves clone without the criminal, a blue jock darius clone, some hookers, an otter or whatever it is that slaps people with a fish... And I thought Syndra and her grabbing black balls ultimate power was lame.

Actually, Syndra is still lamer than the retard shepherd.

Are they going for a comical bent or is it just a huge clusterfuck with no focus?

As much as Infinite Crisis sucks sometimes I play it simply because playing as superheroes in general is cool and holy shit running around as post Apocalytpic Wonder Woman fighting with a stop sign that has a chainsaw attached is pretty fucking cool. Character art fucking matters.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Faggot ranked. Wn gives me 15LP and lost game -22. WTF.
Just lost a game cause our Rengar went AP with 0 MR vs Khartus top. Khart got so fed it took him 3 Q's to kill Rengar.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
And I love it D: Weirdly enough I had nice 9 placement games but lost last one really hard (mid was afk for first 10 minutes, I had to take his place as voli jungler and bottom was snowballed). Got into silver 3, let's see how far I can get before butthurt>fun.

Add Hoaxmetal if you're EUW.

What the hell they somehow cut Karthus Q cooldown in half with the VU. He's the god of jungle clearing now if somewhat mana restricted. If you face this you have to invade him. It's ridiculous.

Things heard in solo Q :
"supp veig omg useless no dmg no cc"
"report veigar for trollpick" (25 assists, we won ofc, Veigar E is the best skill in the game)
"omg support vel'koz STOP PLAYING SO AGGRESSIVE YOU'RE USELESS" (Lucian Vel, I pretty much cut their health in half over and over but pussy nigga not aggressive earlygame adc apparently)
"i'm getting zoned because vel'koz sucks" (bitch what)
"vladimir has no damage"
"draven is useless, better me farm and carry, no SS for you draven can build" (some morgana, they had some commotion botlane, I had to work hard with J4 with both plays and moraletalk to get this fuckign game won... Couldn't get the morgana to buy SS tho, nor come with team other than a few times, then, he claimed he carried when he hit like two Q's all game).
"shaco plz babysit" (riven)

Oh well, beer cures all ails.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I dunno how to get back into this game. I can't even level up to 30. Each game just annoys me. It's not even that I am doing badly; I am playing a fine Fizz. But I can't stand the constant 12-year old talk. Seriously, you could write a computer program that could consistently create LOL chat and it would be indistinguishable from reality:

gg we lose
he trolled last game so now i troll
lol better speaker engl;ish
1v1 me noob
im gold
i smurf

It's so fucking tiresome. Do you just ignore all?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Hold Tab and click on the text bubble to ignore people. Or type /ignore playerx for example.
People you ignore stay ignored/blocked in the launcher too and if you play another game with same players they will stay ignored.

Also, I find the fun for the most part in ranked games, its testing my skill level and its fun climbing up the ladders with non-meta champions. While I find playing against good players annoying as hell, its big part of the whole fun thing trying to outsmart them and try to find the weakest link.

Omg, Malphite jungle, you noob, its so season 2. Or, why u pick Blitz when Tresh is open noob. Lul

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Press enter to bring up the chat prompt.
Notice the blue bar above the chat log? You can drag that around.
Click and drag it down and left, until chat is no longer visible.
Press enter again to close chat prompt.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Browsed the rito forum and saw somebody mention op.gg statistic site. Nice details and it tracks last 20 games and calculates the MMR in their own way.
While looking at my profile was funny and all, I searched for suomis profile and when I had it show his MMR it gave me this
rDcT0cC.jpg

Welcome to elo hell, lol.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I've moved from my smurf, back to my main account (I had a 2 years break), and it's definitely much more fun and less derpy. Apparently the hidden ELO decay is nearly non excistent for solo q, because according to lolking I'm being matched with a bunch of golds and plats. The only reason I've ever gotten this "high" is because I was almost exclusively playing Lux, raping everyfucking one. I was never nearly as good at top or ADC, and I've actually never played as a jungler to this date.

Anyway the few games I had so far were a mixed bag. Some serious feeding, some shining moments. I guess I just have to keep playing. I'll either get good enough to play at this level, or fall down to my deserved spot.

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
I thought people at higher levels are all like Mystary that mains like half of the roster but most of them are like me, playing 1-5 champs exclusively that we're good at. So its not that strange that you're that high but you should try jungling for a bit, it gives you a better overview of the map and the flow of the game. How, when, who, where to gank.

Renegen

Arcane
Also, I find the fun for the most part in ranked games, its testing my skill level and its fun climbing up the ladders with non-meta champions. While I find playing against good players annoying as hell, its big part of the whole fun thing trying to outsmart them and try to find the weakest link
I feel the same way, I love playing champs that are out of meta mostly because if I played OP champions they would get crushed into the ground before I had enough games on them. Pwning with Nocturne is always fun, although lately I've been struggling a bit, he's a REALLY different champion from other junglers. Compared to Malphite who has amazing lvl 6 ganks and good teamfighting, Noc is even more out of the meta, being pretty terrible in teamfights and with a long ass ult cooldown, it's kinda sad when Noc sits at 47% win rate and Vi is at 52% although they're pretty similar. But hey, there's some pretty unorthodox players in diamond, so anything can be used to climb.

Erzherzog

Magister
You know I have a huge boner for the meta champs, but Nocturne had his month in the sun not long ago. He was really the only FF jungler to see successful LCS play.

Renegen

Arcane
True it was fun while it lasted. The item was stupid with some of the hyper tanks though *cough* ShyvUdyr *cough* so it had to be nerfed hard.

Press enter to bring up the chat prompt.
Notice the blue bar above the chat log? You can drag that around.
Click and drag it down and left, until chat is no longer visible.
Press enter again to close chat prompt.
Then lose game because you can no longer time buffs, dragon, baron or get the team to group to defend or attack objectives?

Oh, wait, nobody listens anyway
:troll:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
I ignore the chat if Im pissed. Better not to read it and just click the text bubbles.
And Im amazed at the people still shifting the blame to someone else. This morning I had a fine game where people started already bitching in champ select. It ended with AP Trist toplane, Yi mid, Shaco jungle and me (AP Lulu) and Tresh botlane.
We were fine till midgame eventho Shaco was 0/3 early, afterwards we just got stomped. But all the time the team chat and /all chat were full of constant fighting between Trist, Yi and Shaco, and other side adding some shit just to get the retards to fight more.

Also I vote Shaco to most useless champ of Season 4, dont think I even had a game with Shaco in where he didnt feed. Dont know of a more useless pick, Support Nidalee comes close but its not this bad.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Shaco can be quite good as assasin as his skill makes him invisible teleport a small distance and does critical strikes.

However with the current game being junglers are tanks, he just isn't that good.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Also ranked is still not enabled on EUW.

What a trainwreck!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom