Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Having played 4 games ranked now L 3 W 1.

It's even worse then in unranked.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This new mode is... It is. It would be much more fun on SR.

And I really hope Nidalee is not going to be picked every other game.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So far I've played Zil Brand Yasuo and J4. Zilean was boring, anything pokey or too sustainy just gets exhausting and unfun at a certain point. I think I'd prefer the mode if the champ selection was completely random, as it is it seems you have to pick a champ someone else has selected that you wouldn't mind playing as/against. Three people wanted to play Teemo, ugg that's gonna be a nightmare after 6, have to change my vote to J4 and hope he wins...

RE LCS games: 2 v 0 meta :killit:

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
Last time I played One for All, I found 10 Nidalees strangely relaxing. If you enjoy trying to hit skillshots it's a pretty cool experience but it's true that it doesn't have any crazy exciting part. Nothing will top URF mode though, nothing. 5v5 is too troll to be interesting.

Erzherzog

Magister
I played a 5 v 5 Janna match where apparently no one on my team voted for her. We played ten minutes then collectively quit, because holy fuck that was awful.

So far only fun game was one a Blitz. In fact, games only fun with champs that need to close to do anything.

10 lazors of lux is funny for 3 minutes. Then it's fucking old.

Last edited:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
So I decide to main Rengar because I figure he just had a rework, so he's not gonna change and waste my "training" with him, he's at a decent power lvl and he's not banned or picked that often (had a 4% pick rate and even lower ban rate not two-three weeks ago).

Now he's at a 14% pick, 30% ban rate and rising. Faggots, stop simply playing whatever is considered OP for the week, please.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Yeah, I know, and it kind of blows. I really like focusing on a single champion and getting really good with him. In fact, what drove me away from DOTA was probably how people expect you to be able to play almost all 100+ heroes. Maybe that heroes of the storm game will be more like LoL in this regard.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The only really fun one was Riven, partly because it was the first time I played Riven (Ime noob). Close contact, timing, positioning, surprisingly low amount of randomness. And it was short. Karthus wasn't bad either, but it took forever. Over 200 kills ffs.

It's not going to be missed.

Erzherzog

Magister
Dig continues its strong start with a start to stop domination of LMQ. First blood that pulled a useless panic flash from LMQ's jungler, 4 and 4 on dragon, 1 and 1 on baron, took every tower only losing 1, win in under 30 minutes. LMQ looks like they don't know how to battle over wards.

I find it funny, the shoutcasters used to try to prop up Nintendude by claiming having to get kills on Zion and Ship cut into his gold. If anything Crumbzz is even more generous, and wards even more. He syncs so well with his solo lanes and QTPIE just handles bot lane by nature. If theres any weak point it's KIWI but really, he puts himself out there and it leads to so many multikills for QT that it's really like a bit of a bait.

Yoshiyyahu, your thoughts?

Last edited:

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
I don't know bro, I haven't seen the game. I was traumatized after seeing those Yorick jungle picks. I will start watching now.

Looks like a fairly standard stomp to me. LMQ picked a brawl comp and fell behind vs a team with better siege. The kill on Khazix + blown flash made it easy for Elise to build an advantage in lanes and keep vision control (I don't know why Kha didn't invade their red with duo lane support first or just start blue - or at least pull the lizard into the brush :X) LMQ had better scaling and a better comp for teamfighting, and I feel that Dignitas' comp suffered from weak engage. If LMQ didn't fall behind so early/played a little bit more intelligently it would've been their game to lose but hey. Dignitas looks to be alot better than last season.

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Had some fun derping with Gragas support yesterday in 3 games. His dash gives knockback and 1 sec stun now to everydody he hits and it gives nice breathing room to aim with the ult for perfect repositioning. Way easier to split units. Also works a bit different from usual supports with people respecting his damage output from the get go. Me like.

Renegen

Arcane
It's too bad I didn't get to see the game live, what a stomp on LMQ. You can't take away from the fact that DIG had better lanes and a better jungler. They didn't fall to any cheese like only getting 1 out of 4 buffs and then just pulled an advantage big enough to snowball. I feel like KhaZix is the worst of big 4 junglers in competitive (Lee, Elise, Kha, Eve), wasn't he like 0-6 in the first 2 weeks?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
That game showed why Elise should be permabanned.
Gonna derp more with Gragas tonight. If anyone wants to duo derp, get online.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Would've been fun. No time tonight though. Any EUNE players who play daytime? With a kid, I find it hard to get time to play during afternoons/evenings. If my kid goes to sleep early, it's usually better to either catch up on lost sleep or sex than gaming, so I mostly squeeze in a game here and there during the day, between classes and such.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I have a low-level account on EUW that I haven't touched in a year or so. Barely have time to play on my main account, playing on a smurf won't happen anytime soon.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
I am tired of ranked play, i just started ranked and play ok but i keep losing games because my teammates are beyond terrible.

engaging 3 on 5, 2 on 3. not watching the map, and getting 3 opponents on their head.

Choosing champs that you know will get recked and then watching them feed their lane opponent so he shits on you when you engage him anyplace.

Why are people so fucking incredibly stupid?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Oh well, I rage too sometimes when someone is not pulling their weight, but thats more noticable when you see people cant do basic combos and positioning vs a guy that is playing on his main.
Picking a new champ you never played against other platinums will be punished hard unless you get carried. If you just started ranked, prioritize map awereness as nr1, that alone will win you games.
Ward and look at minimap often. If you get ganked and killed, then after 2-3 minutes you get ganked and killed one more time at the same spot then its your fault, you can start to flame your jungler like 90% of people do.

I also got a lv13 on EUW, cant remember when I played it last time. Wanna come back to my main now and get some more feel of the new meta.
Think I lost like 10 out of 15 last games, atleast I cant get demoted more from plat V.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Markman, they don't know even the most basic things.

I am talking about silver or gold V players with two hundred games only this season. Chasing kills and running into multiple opponents, pushing lanes without vision, playing too aggressive versus a lane opponent that is 2 (!!!!!!!) levels higher then them.

I remember, way back when, I fought so hard to reach Plat. Now? Game's piss easy. And I'm still way off the pace where I was playing regularly and dunking scrubs for shits and giggles.

VL7gqX0.png

:bounce: She's technically not jailbait

Renegen

Arcane
Latest patch notes are up
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-49-notes

Interesting stuff, mostly positive. Kha'Zix apparently getting crushed but what people miss is the evolved Q damage is potentially greater now, I can't wait for the unexpected consequences of that.

I like the fact that they admitted the latest Soraka nerfs hurt her support to the point she's not viable there, kinda pissed they used kid gloves with Lulu and Soraka support was wrecked for her solo lane. They did the easy thing by making her unviable and announced the rework. Ugh, according to Riot every single mage support must die! nothing but cc supports. I think she was the best Braum counter too, not sure, Zyra is too risky.

Cadmus

Arcane
It's funny. People keep saying how imbalanced the game is but I've been playing on and off almost since the release of the game and I still get a rough 50/50 ratio and never feel like I'm getting better or worse. Either the game scales to my level incredibly well (I know there's scaling but it's hard to think it works so perfectly) or I'm just horrible at this.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Lol, Im on a epic losing streak. Dont know if I ever lost so many games in a row. Seems I'll have to try carrying instead of derping as supp. My elo must have dropped to wood league by now. lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom