Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
NuDig looking scary, except for their barons against EG :avatard:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
That was a crazy crazy match though. I missed most of the start, but from what I saw a lot of weird shit went down from C9. Really dumb stuff like when they split up and Hai just ran into CoLs base alone. And then the part where Balls gets the inhib alone. Good stuff. More fun to watch than anything since Allstars.

Erzherzog

Magister
I have two lines of thought here...

Either C9 was scared Complexity was going to wear them down so they put way more effort into securing kills than they should have...

Or RobestxLee really is that good. His ults weren't always perfect, but look at how he did those teamfights, especially the early bot lane kills and that last teamfight. He definitely carries complexity not to say that his team was not competitive in general. Lots of great lanterns and hooks with Thresh.

No matter what though, C9 clearly has their confidence shattered. Even going into that match.

Also, The trinkets to 30 seconds have definitely created a far more dynamic game, I think it was curse vs. clg yesterday that spent almost 3 minutes contesting blue right at the start? Way better than what we had just before with the 90 second timer and a game worth skipping the first 5 minutes of.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
People actually watch this stuff? I would rather watch NLB than spend time observing LCS derpage.

Renegen

Arcane
People actually watch korean League? I feel like those broadcasts really disrespect their audience. First you have the casters fawning over absolutely nothing and providing no insightful commentary, constantly trying to build korean hype and "star power", remember the casters in NA are pretty much all Diamond 1 elo while the english ones in Korea don't even play league. And then you have the extremely annoying close up views of the players every few minutes when something important happens - sorry but I don't care for their fat pimply face. And you'll be doing all that in 240p because the korean leagues think they're EA or something and block their videos behind paywalls, or you won't even find the videos if you want to watch a replay thanks to copyrights.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
People actually watch this stuff? I would rather watch NLB than spend time observing LCS derpage.
About 1-200k people on twitch for the qualifiers. More for the (semi)finals. Last seasons finals had 8.5 million concurrent online viewers on top of the arond 18k people present at the Staples center.

So yeah. People watch it I guess. :M
It's amusing to see "professional" kwans derp around with plays that would see people reporting you for idiocy in Gold on EUW.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
People actually watch korean League? I feel like those broadcasts really disrespect their audience. First you have the casters fawning over absolutely nothing and providing no insightful commentary, constantly trying to build korean hype and "star power", remember the casters in NA are pretty much all Diamond 1 elo while the english ones in Korea don't even play league. And then you have the extremely annoying close up views of the players every few minutes when something important happens - sorry but I don't care for their fat pimply face. And you'll be doing all that in 240p because the korean leagues think they're EA or something and block their videos behind paywalls, or you won't even find the videos if you want to watch a replay thanks to copyrights.

wut
The Korean casters / OGN English casters are far better than Phreak and co in LCS lol. The only good caster there is Jatt. Also, it's 480p for free or 1080p if you pay (or your cousin pays :smug:) for the Premium Twitch package.

Face it bro, they suck. The best team in the NA LCS is Chinese :smug:

Renegen

Arcane
So here's a nice video, this one on Rengar. Rengar was a toxic champion, he insta killed people from stealth. Riot wanted to change that and bring counterplay, they wanted to turn him from an assassin to a fighter. They reworked him for over a year. This is the result of all their hard work and dedication:

Good job Riot, you guys really earned your paychecks.

Erzherzog

Magister
Kass back to must ban, Knifecat still instagibs and Skarners absolutely worthless. Rework team is where all the scrub champion designers go I guess.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
Watching that league is sad as fuck though, I would earnestly rather trawl through fow.kr for replays than watch more than a few games a season. It's an amalgam of outdated comps, poor decision-making and tragic mechanical ability which makes it all the more poignant when they get their shit pushed in by the Koreans or chinks and still take nothing from it. I would be more forgiving of the first two if there were people capable of producing awesome plays but even highlight reels are boring as all hell. There's absolutely no equivalent of Dade's Yasuo, or Dandy's Lee Sin, or Faker's anything, or Flame's Shyvana or a myriad of other players and their favoured champs.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
So here's a nice video, this one on Rengar. Rengar was a toxic champion, he insta killed people from stealth. Riot wanted to change that and bring counterplay, they wanted to turn him from an assassin to a fighter. They reworked him for over a year. This is the result of all their hard work and dedication:

Good job Riot, you guys really earned your paychecks.

They have no idea what they are doing lol. Remember the Kha Zix 'nerf' to put a dent in his solo queue popularity in the jungle? The buff to his R alone made him the most sought out jungler in the game, which necessitated ANOTHER nerf later on, after they realised how bad dey done fucked up.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
What, you mean that changing Kha to a fighter that can duel with the beefy frontline and still blow up the squishies in the back was a bad idea? I wonder if they'll ever manage to get him in a state where all his evolutions are viable, even if situational?

Kass and Rango still problematic? Wow, color me surprised. Could it be that their core identify is p. fucking hard to balance?

I wish they'd stop fiddling with these newfangled retard champions they fucked up right from the start and would instead fix the older ones.

OR I wish they'd fire whoever is responsible for brainfarts like "yes Kha'Zix ult should have the best damage reduction in game".

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
SO i just became 30, going to play ranked tomorrow.

Someone wants to duo with me tomorrow night?

Katarn Kyle is my name on lol

Renegen

Arcane
I see you're EUW, that's a shame. If you have less than 20 champions, you'll stay in bronze, guaranteed. Also learn to support.

Erzherzog

Magister
Do you know which position(s) you want to main?

I second learning to support. I think it best to have a shallow but wide pool of supports, meaning you don't have to go nuts learning them but know the strengths and matchups to combat the fact that you will normally pick support as the last pick and therefore, with a restricted pool of champs. Leona is falling out of flavor in NA but I don't know what the EUW pickrate is.

Also, understand objective control well. (Such as is is better ganking a lane that will result in taking a tower is far better than ganking a pushed lane simply to put a kill on your crappy solo laner that will probably die soon after anyways)

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
I play Top or Jungle!

I can play a few heroes in the role but obviously i have preferences.

Doubt that my champs are going to be banned though, as they are not imba in the current game state.

And yes i am on EUW.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
so i had the dubious pleasure of watching two pr0 gaemz recently

why anyone still watches this is completely beyond me

it's like all them pr0s suddenly decided to turn extra retarded and superbad in the last few months when i wasn't looking

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I haven't bothered watching pro games in a while.

The current(?) playstyle with quick tower pushes and rotations that essentially bypass the entire laning phase is boring as fuck to.watch IMO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom