Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Wulfstand

Prophet
Garen is a fucking beast. Got 2 wins in a row, with some guys, won with like 19/4/10. His build is a little tricky depending on how the game goes, but the rest is just pure fun.
Markman said:
Mundo for the win!! Just had 3 straight wins with him. His ulti is so good, very effective when chased, i hide in the bush than BAM!, where all this health came from, dude was like almost dead. :)

Tried Jax too, that dude is so OP, this was my easiest game ever. Me vs Warwick and Trynd face to face. Guess who won?

And the name in LoL is Elboo, i'm usually online around 22:00.

Yeah Jax is a bit overpowered especially in TTL, where he's one of the best picks you can get, hero-wise. Can't say about Mundo, haven't played or seen him in any game so far.
Also I'm guessing you're on the european launcher, since I can't seem to find you on the us launcher. I left the european l. mainly because at the time it was so fucking bugged, that after every game the launcher froze, needing a restart.
I'm perfectly satisfied with the us launcher, I have some lag once or twice a week, the rest is tip-top.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I played against several Garens and the dude is tough to kill. What it comes to is you need to harrass him agressivly early on so he doesn't farm or feed much,exhaust plus ranged harrasment works wonders against him. I didnt get stomped by him yet and I played maybe 10 games against him.
Mundo's cleaver with its big range gets the job done nicely.
Mundos big plus is that he doesnt have a mana bar, he uses his health for everything and with some armor and health regen the dude is a brick wall.

Out of my 45 games + practice ones there were 0 games with lag, and i've played with dudes all over Europe. Only "bug" i've noticed is that the chat doesn't work all the time.

Wulfstand

Prophet
I got Sion today, played a practice game to test out a build, and he's pretty fun. I gotta admit, at first I mostly bought him for his Arnie voice, but it turns out he's a decent dps/carry after all.

Also, there's a new champion coming out, Akali.

newsletter said:
Rounding out our ever growing ninja lineup is Akali, the third and final member of the Kinkou Order's triumvirate of shadow warriors. Entrusted with the sacred duty of Pruning the Tree, Akali's mission is to eliminate those who threaten the equilibrium of Valoran.

A prodigious martial artist, Akali began training with her mother as soon as she could make a fist. Her mother's discipline was relentless and unforgiving, but predicated on the fundamental principle: "We do that which must be done." When the Kinkou inducted her into the order at the age of fourteen, she could slice a dangling chain with a chop of her hand. There was no question - she would succeed her mother as the Shadow Fist. She has had to do much in this role which others might find morally questionable, but to her it is in service of her mother's inviolable doctrine. She now works with her fellows Shen and Kennen to enforce the balance of Valoran. This hallowed pursuit has unsurprisingly led the triumvirate to the Fields of Justice.

Akali's capabilities allow her tremendous versatility on the Field of Justice, and she is able to strike quickly from the cover of stealth before disappearing once more. If assassins are your type, then you'll definitely want to be on the lookout for Akali when she debuts next patch. But remember, the Shadow Fist strikes from the cover of death itself. Do not impede the balance.

She seems a interesting enough, I'm thinking she's some sort of Rikimaru from her description.I guess we'll find out soon.

Topher

Cipher
I play from time to time but I'm not very good and almost exclusively play Annie... if anyone if ever up for a game I go by Topherunhinged and Just so you know I'm only level eight.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Nice job gang, we had some pretty good games! Would like to see that tomorrow too :3

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Im level 13 now in EU. I created a US account too so you can add me now. Same nick Elboo. I'm not planning of getting another Collectors pack so Im limited to rotation champions till I get some IP.

Noob island is the shit. Was playing the last game with Warwick before the minions spawned, attacked the first guy i saw and then all three come running after me. I run back to the tower and aced them. Funny shit. After that game was pretty much won.

Oh, and I'll update my most hated to play against, so far its Ashe, Katarina and Morgana. Bitches.

BirdsCanFly

Educated
I'm level 30 and my main is Anivia. Name's Cenote if you wish to add me. US of course.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I bet I'd be better than you all at LoL given a few practice games.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Shit, why play when you can just troll the Codex all day

Wulfstand

Prophet
Well since on TTL Tristana is a safe bet for pwning in arranged teams, I was thinking on getting Taric for SR, since he's a much more reliable support, having a better chance to throw off some dps while he's at it. He also got dem stunz and healz, and his ult seems like a great push-starter.
My only problem is I fear he's very stale and will get boring to play afte a while. What do you guys think?

BirdsCanFly

Educated
Mmmh, every time I played a support character it felt like a thankless job. I could imagine him getting stale pretty quickly but I guess that depends on your personality. Oh, and you won't do any damage at all. His stun is rather meh if you ask me and his damage skill deals mediocre damage and you're better off having the aura active instead of dealing meager 250 damage.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
ChristofferC said:
lol why would i play this when i can play hon losers
Cause its fun?
Whats with the hate, its like people are not capable to play 2 games of the same genre at the same time these days.Its like that old shit C&C vs Starcraft vs AoE vs Total Annihilation. Who gives a shit? I played 'em and enjoyed 'em all.

Anyways, even though LoL is pretty much a beta with 50 champions and 2 maps and not much else, the biggest draw personally for me is the diversity in the champion builds and the diversity in champions themselves. And the game is pretty action packed so it keeps you on your toes all the time. Theres allways something going on.

About Taric, after 2 games I found the dude boooring. Its like he lacks that punch, playing him feels like he shouldnt be in the fight anyway.
But, I did play 1 game against a good Taric, he and Nunu whooped and stomped us in less than 20 min on TTL.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Uuuh, am on a losing streak, now its even, 38W-38L.
Matchmaking is wierd as hell, out of 5 games maybe one is even fight, rest we got stomped or we stomp.

Still trying to get that perfect build with Pantheon, I have a pretty good look of what makes him better but cause of this uneven matchmaking I have 2 totally different builds i use and its pretty effective.

With Veigar I got now 3W and 4L, dude is hilarious, one thing I like about him is that he's pretty strong late game and is a major annoyance throughout the whole game.

Anybody played Akali? Really fast but also really squishy.

BirdsCanFly

Educated
Matchmaking tries to get you to 50:50 Win/Loss ratio. So you will occasionally face stomps if you have to many wins. If you are skilled, then a 4:3 ratio is reasonable. (If you play 5 man premades of course and don't play with the worst of the worst pubs the matchmaking could find)

And queue times of ~20 minutes cause you dont't have any enemies in your ELO.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Oh gawd is Kassadin squishy, fuck me you have to be literally a ninja to even manage to stay alive in a team fight, not to mention to kill steal :(
But, for all his faults, he is a pretty fun to play hero, specially after lvl 6+.
I need moar practice.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Got a 5 game win streak with Pantheon, after 57 games I decided that I should give the dude a break.

Gonna play more with Veigar now, anybody got some good starting builds for him? Should I go for Sheen or Catalyst? Maybe just boots and pots?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Ooh, Im around, I think I played 2 games today on US client, level 7 now. I play on EU too cause I want to get that First win of the day bonus, winning that one is worth 3 games in IP/EXP points.

Oh, and Veigar is free now, so we can do some mage/antimage action. :)

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Just had the most annoying game ever, this thing went on for like 90 minutes till I typed /surrender in the chat box.. It was a fairly even match but dudes played very defensivly from both sides, no way you're gonna pull a victory at 2 or 3vs5.

Whats the point with that Shen anyway, dude just walks around and looks stupid and can take hell alot of damage.Dude even dashes out of my Skyfall. I saw him taunt once or twice, otherwise he's just a punching meatbag. A ninja tank? WTF?

But I did had one good game yesterday with Veigar after that stomp game with Wolf. Won with 3/3/21.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Markman said:
But I did had one good game yesterday with Veigar after that stomp game with Wolf. Won with 3/3/21.

Man, fuck that game. No way in hell am I ever playing a hero for the first time on matchmaking.

Also yes, Shen is pretty much the best tank in game atm. (wouldn't mind if they'd add a sword and shield knight later on, maybe with some blond hair and a golden armor.)

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Blitz is fun, but I think he's better on Twisted Treeline, SR is just too big and he is so slow. Pump him with AP, when close WER combo=1 kill for you. Plus with him is that he deals alot of damage quckly, but minuses are that he cant take much either. He looks tanky, is slow, but he's not a real tank IMO.

I might play with him tonight on TTL.Power Fist FTW baby!

Wulfstand

Prophet
Patch day. That means Malzahar is comming:D

Also, Sivir fucking rocks, definitely my main atm.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Ooooor not, I guess they'll add him later this week then.

Btw Sovard dawg, what's up? Haven't seen you on for a few days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom