Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Heartwarden

Educated
Experienced a lag-filled game to the point I was running into the enemy towers and I watched myself every step of the way! Couldn't do anything to stop myself!

I recommend Tristana. Heavily. Unless she's had a nerf that I don't know about, she is one of the best, if not the best ranged DPS heroes in the game through combination of ease of use, damage and carry ability.

By the way - I recommend using an AD DPS build for Taric with a little tank capability if the game calls for it. He is frightfully fantastic as an attacker, and there are far better support characters than Taric (Sivir, Soraka). His passive is made for a meleer, as is his ultimate, as is his secondary skill! It's also much more fun to play.

Kassadin is a 1.3k hero, right? While a little tricky to get to grips with, I find him to be an extremely fun character to play and heavily effective. A good variety between AD and AP, though go AP whenever you have the chance (AD if they're stacking MR, obviously!) You'll also want a tanky item or two, as a good Kassadin is always jumping into the fire.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Heartwarden said:
Experienced a lag-filled game to the point I was running into the enemy towers and I watched myself every step of the way! Couldn't do anything to stop myself!

This did happen to you today, right? If so, then my worries are off, since I was thinking of going back to the european launcher for a few moments there. Then again I did seem to see some other players sitting in one spot for a few moments even under the threat of an attack, so this might just be because of the launcher.
Heartwarden said:
I recommend Tristana. Heavily. Unless she's had a nerf that I don't know about, she is one of the best, if not the best ranged DPS heroes in the game through combination of ease of use, damage and carry ability.

Yep. I might just buy her now, see how she goes. I've got ~1,9k IP atm, so I'd still have a few to spare.

Heartwarden said:
By the way - I recommend using an AD DPS build for Taric with a little tank capability if the game calls for it. He is frightfully fantastic as an attacker, and there are far better support characters than Taric (Sivir, Soraka). His passive is made for a meleer, as is his ultimate, as is his secondary skill! It's also much more fun to play.
Noted. I'll try that build the next time i feel like playing the faggit.

Heartwarden said:
Kassadin is a 1.3k hero, right? While a little tricky to get to grips with, I find him to be an extremely fun character to play and heavily effective. A good variety between AD and AP, though go AP whenever you have the chance (AD if they're stacking MR, obviously!) You'll also want a tanky item or two, as a good Kassadin is always jumping into the fire.

Nope, he's a 3k+ hero. I've played 1 match with him one time, and man was he a tough nut to play. His voice is also unexpectedly irritating. He looks fucking cool tho, I'll give him that.

Edit: oh fuckit, I bought Tristana. Gonna have some test-games to see if she was worth it.

Heartwarden

Educated
I've had a few hiccups over the last couple of days, but nothing to the degree I mentioned in my earlier post. I took a couple of months break because, yeah, that's how bad it was getting for me.

As you bought Tristana, I can give a few tips. She's definitely an AD focus character, and getting the Frozen Hammer is a good option 95% of the time. Tank/regen heavy games, you could use Executioner's Calling as well, but primarily you should go for damage and critical focus with onHit effects like Black Cleaver. She has a wonderful attackspeed boosting skill that'll set you up for all you need.

Personally, I'd level her explosive shot and rocket jump abilities first because % bonus' are useless at the start of the game. Explosive will let you creep effectively and harass to a good degree. Use the jump to get out of situations, rather than in (unless it's a gauranteed gank!) and remember that it's cooldown is instantaneous if you get a hero kill!

Oh, and my summoner name on the game is RenegadePacifist if you ever feel up for a game. Don't know how much I'll stick around, I took a break to get away from the lag and come back to a community worse than I remember.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ok, i installed played a few games a bit, seems to be a bit faster than HoN, played 4 games in 1 and a half hour, won 1 game lost 3.

Some guys seems just indestructible, one guy playing Jax for 2 games was asswhooping everybody,even one on one duel with my greek dude with a shield I go full health and cast a spear, leap+stun,fight to death and still cant take half of his hitpoints.

Is it just me or is there only 2 maps for LoL?
I mean if you're not aiming for random map generator, why not supply some 10-20 maps with the game?

Heartwarden

Educated
That's LoL's biggest weakness, and it took so long for them to even get the Twisted Treeline map out of BETA and into actual play that I don't have much hope for them pumping out new ones all too fast. Ever.

Jax was recently buffed from what I've been told. He used to be one of the worst characters, I guess now he's getting revenge for that. Don't take him on one on one, as that has always meant to be his specialty.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
The problem with Pantheon vs. Jax is that Panth's ult does you no good in that situation whereas Jax does bonus damage every fourth hit with his (and gains atk speed iirc).

Your best bet would have been to run in between heartseeker/spear. Also an exhaust for blind, sword of the divine for dodge ignore, or something else on your side. Jax is also a tad overpowered at the moment since they recently overhauled him from being useless.

Yeah, LoL only has two maps (double HoN still, funny enough). They have a long development time for maps, which they've said they're working on streamlining. Probably has something to do with their revenue model.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Played a bit more last night, of 3 games loss 2 won 1. In the first game 2 guys disconnected, in second one 1 guy left but managed to win anyway and third one also one guy disconnected.
They usually leave with comments like FU NOOBS, NOOB FAGGETS..etc.. A-fucking-mazing.
Is there any punishment to this lame leaving behaviour?

Now i've played total 7 normal games not counting the practice ones, what are those "elites" doing in my "noob" games?

Oh, and whats the in-game chat button, am i blind or just stupid. I pressed almost any button on the keyboard and couldn't find it.

Wulfstand

Prophet
How about enter? Did you press that button?

Fuck me do I hate Jax, even more then I hated Ryze, don't know how that's possible.
I've tried going with vampiric scepter at first, so that I could stay amap on the middle lane, and it worked wonders for the first 6,7 levels. Next I just went with the dps build on this site. She was pretty fun, too bad I've lost that one game I've played with her because of the above-mentioned Jax. Motherfucker.

I've also played Kennen, and he's really fun too, I think mainly because of the lack of mana, sort of WoW-Rogue action points skill system. He's a great gank-beginner, and he's pretty easy to learn to play. Too bad he's 6k+ ip points, that'll take a while to gather...

Another hero that seems to be a tad bit op, especially on TTL, is Warwick. That motherfucker, with only 1 vampiric scepter, managed to take out both me (Malphite) and a nooby Twisted Fate, who fed the opposite team most of the game.

Oh, and my summoner name on the game is RenegadePacifist if you ever feel up for a game. Don't know how much I'll stick around, I took a break to get away from the lag and come back to a community worse than I remember.

I'll add you to my friends list when I'll log in, we could try doing some TTL, just 1 more player being needed.

Also, has anyone else seen that new hero they're gonna release soon? Juggernaut+Axe seems like a pretty fun choice, and he also looks pretty nice, despite his tier 3 paladin shoulder pads.[/u]

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Wulfstand said:
How about enter? Did you press that button?
Lol, then Im just stupid. :lol:
Been playing too many shooters lately apparently.

About Twisted Fate, one guy was playing it yesterday, whooped our ass totally, he was dealing massive damage with his fucking cards, at the end of the game his stats were 18/2/2. My Pantheon could take him early on but after level 15 could barely get close.

Wulfstand

Prophet
God damn, no one told me Tristana is Twisted Treeline's Goddes.
Just played a game, and won it with 16-5-9. Haven't had this much fun in a long time.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Sovard said:
Yeah, LoL only has two maps (double HoN still, funny enough).
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHRP! Wrong.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Okay, so they have a map editor. Which has zero effect on matchmaking. So they still only have one map.

No wonder you didn't elaborate.

Tails

Arbiter
The last time I played the HoN was during closed beta and they already had two different map. Second was smaller for faster matches, has overall different placement of stuff and visual look.

Padre

Liturgist
HoN has 3 maps. 2 5vs5 maps ( one is quite small for easier ganking and faster play ) and 1 3vs3 two lane map.

And Sovard is an idiot. They didn't release a map editor yet.

edit : fucken typo

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
maybe not everyone plays matchmaking.

like good players.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Right.

Because stacking teams against newbies means you are a good player.

Whereas random matchmaking within your bracket means you're a total newbie.

I honestly don't know where to begin. Stupidity? Lack of logical thinking processes? The thought that calling someone a poor player means anything?

Oh, right, the internet. DURR HURR STOP MAKING SENSE HURR YOU SUCK.

Hory

Erudite
According to the played ladder, most of the best players are in clans so they probably want to be able to practice as a team, preferably against other teams. But it doesn't mean there aren't good players in matchmaking.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Tried Yi, was pretty cool, played 3 matches with him, his last power is a lifesaver and good for hunting down heroes with low hitpoints.

Still trying to get some skill with my spartan, 4 wins and 6 losses now, funny thing is I got most kills in 2 games I lost. Pushing doesnt seem to be a top priority for the people I play with.

Problem I have with Pantheon is late leveling, from level 15+ he doesnt seem to do alot of damage, I get owned by pretty much anybody, I can annoy but cant get the kill and to whoop somebody I need support from another hero. I usually go with the 10+ damage sword, then boots and then attack speed items and last lifesteal. Then upgrade when money is available.
Anybody got some build tips for Pantheon?

Heartwarden

Educated
I struggled with Pantheon for a while and haven't tried him much lately, but I've had reports of success from hints I gave to a friend, so heck, why not:

Start with a mana crystal, immediately working for a Sheen. Eventually, work towards a Tri-Force, but this isn't needed until much later, really! Buy two health potions too, just to keep safe. Using this method, take his javelin toss ability (whatever it's called) and simply harass the hell out of the other side!

Then focus on a steady mix of attack damage, speed and have something for lifesteal, too. Last Whisper is essential! Don't worry about critical chances. I'd recommend getting a cheap lifesteal item immediately after Sheen, rather than later, then aim for Last Whisper and slowly gear towards as much damage as you can after that. It's more effective to pierce through their armour early and then gradually pile on more damage over the game than pile on damage where a greater deal of it is blocked off (and this route is a lot more expensive, too, with most good damage items being over 2.5k!).

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
I hate Ashe. That bitch is so annoying its not even funny, just got of game that we won(3vs3), but that game took like 20 minutes extra just cause that bitch was camping and guarding the nexus. They had no inhibitors nor any towers, just the fucking nexus where you couldnt get close. Freeze, slow, crit, death. Had stats 5/0/2 ended the game with 5/15/4.

Still my pantheon is doing fine, I have 14 wins, 11 losses with him, totally 17-16. He's very good for fast matches, finished several games with him before hitting level 15.

Tried Alistar for 2 games, 1 won and 1 loss, when tanked up good, that dude is indestructible, gonna try play him more when I get tired of my Pantheon.

Tried Viegar for one game too, got owned so bad it wasnt even funny, I think it was 0/7/0.

Wulfstand

Prophet
I find Ashe to be one of the most boring heroes in the whole game. Played Alistar for a while too, he's ok I guess. I've currently got Garen, and am playing him like mad, after like 16 games with Tristana.
What's your nickname btw, we could do a Codex premade (we're 3 atm + sometimes 1/2 from outside).

Heartwarden

Educated
If the matchmaker finds us a game, that is!

Alistair is -the- tank character, to the point that you shouldn't even expect a good score with him. A good Alistair is what holds a team together but unfortunately gets little to show for it (that people look for, anyway.). My favourite character if I feel like just being the guy to help out.

Veigar is a slower, less accurate Ryze. Anti-carry, anti-caster.. anti-everything but tank. Pretty much run forwards, slam an assault, then run back and around in a circle 'til cooldowns are done! And get as many last-hits as you can with Q or R, champion or minion. (Well, just champions with R.).

Ashe sucks. jah. Worthless, cheap-arse character who is outperformed in her role by everyone else, but because of that low-cost, super duper reach-anyone stun, everyone loves her and she's practically everywhere. No-skill. No point. Hate!

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Mundo for the win!! Just had 3 straight wins with him. His ulti is so good, very effective when chased, i hide in the bush than BAM!, where all this health came from, dude was like almost dead. :)

Tried Jax too, that dude is so OP, this was my easiest game ever. Me vs Warwick and Trynd face to face. Guess who won?

And the name in LoL is Elboo, i'm usually online around 22:00.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom