Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Skyshine's BEDLAM: REDUX!

getter77

Augur
Worth noting that there's been a rather substantial v2.0 update---changes the game around in a variety of ways, so probably worth keeping that in mind compared to how it all played out on release.

Alfons

Prophet
So this is on sale, 50% off. What is the Codex consensus, is it worth the 10 euros?
I haven't played much since the update, but for what's it worth, the update didn't compel me to play more than 20 minutes.

If you purchase it now you'd pay 10 euros, probably play for a few hours and forget about it forever. In a few months the game will probably cost even less and might be even more refined. It will still probably be a game you play once and forget you did.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How is the game with the new tactical mode (where you get 1 AP +1 per character, with 1 AP to move and 2 to attack)?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
omg, they even a mode where you can direct all your guys at once :o
I'm curious about how it turns out. This could have the potential to be good. At least, the amount of change they are accepting to try is nothing short of impressive.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Wow impressive changes! Ive got to admit they are really trying to turn this around. I might give it another go with the new stuff

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
I have given it a go, and I like the new combat system, but I am not far enough to tell whether it is balanced or not. It is pretty standard 2AP, with weird range patterns, but I much prefer it over the system that was in place before.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Yes that was really bad. Its more nuXCOMy now if I get it right, which is probably good for the game

i tried it out, and found it extremely underwhelming. it needs a "captain edition" grade overhaul.
or it's probably my fault, i was expecting to manage my crew, not to just have some cardboards to order around.

Last edited:

orcinator

Liturgist
Is everyone still incredibly fragile in the "everyone can act" mode?

Is endgame still "hope you have enough Energy to keep healing your dudes and debuffing the boss or you're fucked"?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Is everyone still incredibly fragile in the "everyone can act" mode?

Is endgame still "hope you have enough Energy to keep healing your dudes and debuffing the boss or you're fucked"?
Not sure about the endgame, but yes, people die pretty fast, and except for healing/protection buffs, there is no reliable way to keep them around.

orcinator

Liturgist
Gave the mew version a pirate since I dig the art;

They made it so you won't get any "the enemy has three units in range, hope they don't activate the one you don't kill" moments but most of the game's other flaws are still here, like how there's little depth to the combat beyond using the shield equalizer when you're threatened.

Also I don't know if it's a glitch, normal mode or working as intended but once I found all the artifacts and defeated viscera at the entrance to Aztec City the game just ended and showed me the score screen, wasting the 200 fusion thingies I had stockpiled.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Anyone spend much time with the Redux version? I’m coming back to this game after it’s 2015 birthing pains.

Is arcade mode the only way to unlock new dozers? Is arcade the OG mechanics and campaign is the new redux ones?

Alphons

Cipher
I don't own it, but looks cool. So thanks for tagging me.

Might actually pick it up on GOG.

agris

Arcane
Patron
hit the nail on the head Modron

I supported this on KS and have it on Steam, but the current version is very different than what the developers initially released. It's a classic case of a game being Not Easy and the developers dramatically re-working their vision to try to salvage sales. Version 2.6 from Jan 2016 is the most patched classic version of the game (not the current Redux).

I've been able to recreate v2.6 through pulling of old manifests off of steam's console, but the binary has steam's drm in it. That's why I'm looking for a gog owner, they should have access to the old 2.6 build and the drm-free executable.

orcinator

Liturgist
hit the nail on the head Modron

I supported this on KS and have it on Steam, but the current version is very different than what the developers initially released. It's a classic case of a game being Not Easy and the developers dramatically re-working their vision to try to salvage sales. Version 2.6 from Jan 2016 is the most patched classic version of the game (not the current Redux).

I've been able to recreate v2.6 through pulling of old manifests off of steam's console, but the binary has steam's drm in it. That's why I'm looking for a gog owner, they should have access to the old 2.6 build and the drm-free executable.
Try torrent sites. The private tracker I use doesn't have v2.6 and I don't care about this game enough to investigate further.

AceP

Barely Literate
Thanks orcinator , that was my first step. All I can find is 1.0 and redux.
Hey Agris. I've been looking for this game.
It is very sad the devs just took it down for no reason.

I only have the original 1.0 (but that one tends to crash after a few games, and you cant even save and load it). I dont know if there are any free patches to download either.

Do you have the patched version or Redux version with more stability?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom