Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Skyshine's BEDLAM: REDUX!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uh oh, looks like somebody pulled an Omniconnection!! http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/07/25/bedlam-game/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/07/25/bedlam-game/

A couple of weeks ago, a roguelike which uses the Banner Saga engine to create a rather attractive post-apocalyptic cocktail of FTL, The Oregon Trail and XCOM popped up on Kickstarter. Bedlam’s around $90k into its $130k goal, with just eight days left on the clock. I’ve had a chat with the devs, who include veterans of Darksiders studio Vigil, about what they’re aiming for with the game, what the Banner Saga engine enables them to do, what they’ve changed about it, and the 80s/90s comics visual influences for this game of desert bandits and desert death-buses. Also – what about thatother game called Bedlam?

RPS: When we think Banner Saga we think more of its art style than its engine – what is it that the engine specifically enables you guys to do to that other engines would not?

Jeff Johnson, Gameplay / A.I Programmer: The Banner Saga Engine allows us to hit the ground running. Animator Sam Gage has created a system that enables him to build and animate characters in 3Ds Max, render into Flash for hand-animated VFX, export into The Banner Saga Engine, set up some character information, and there we have a new character in the game. Artist John Mueller is able to create awesome parallaxing environments and vistas that are easily imported into the game, ready for multiple resolutions and additional features. The groundwork for the tools is already there, so I can focus on gameplay while John and Sam concentrate on getting artwork and characters into the game.

Sam Gage, Animations / VFX: It’s basically a head start to the game and allows us to make an awesome experience in a very short time. The one-year timeline we have given ourselves would not be possible if we had to create everything from scratch.

John Mueller, Artist: The Banner Saga Engine allows us to have a balance of turn-based combat, story and travel with a presentation that showcases our own distinctive artistic style and influences. It seemed like a perfect convergence. The fact that Stoic is also a three person team means they designed their tools with limited resources in mind. We are also a three person team so it just felt like a perfect match for us.

RPS: Conversely, is there anything that using that engine has prevented or complicated you from doing?

Jeff Johnson: We haven’t found any problems with the engine, though we are rewriting a lot of the gameplay code to fit our own unique version of the game structure and we’re adding our fast-paced “Blitz Battle System” to add a lot more speed and fun to typical tactics games from the past, so it’s very different than The Banner Saga’s. Our traveling structure is also set up quite differently than theirs as we’re going for a more roguelike world structure, with randomly generated locations you can travel to during your journey. This is much more like FTL when you reach randomly generated locations, or XCOM when you receive missions or successfully research an item.

RPS: Obviously you’re after funds from Kickstarter to get to release, but how far into development is the game already?

Sam Gage: We started by designing and playing a tabletop version with dice combat pieces and cards for events, weapons, upgrades and abilities. We created the combat ruleset with chess-like character classes, and we played with that and tweaked the rules until it felt like we had a solid plan to start putting everything into the computer. We got the basics up and running in our prototype and created final art that has yet to be implemented because our focus has been the actual campaign.

RPS: What specific influences are you drawing upon for the look of it? It’s got that 80s/90s comicky look, but I don’t know if there are specific artists or titles that informs it?

John Mueller: I think between the three of us we have developed a lot of personal artistic influences over the years. The greatest influential overlap was the incredibly talented artist Moebius, who has left his fingerprints all over our imaginations for the past three decades. His influence has touched dozens of movies and comics, and inspired countless others to create their own worlds, and BEDLAM is just one of the latest. Other tone and aesthetic influences are drawn from gritty 80s comic books such as Judge Dredd and Frank Miller/Geof Darrow’s “Hard Boiled”, as well as 80s sci-fi movies like Paul Verhoeven’s ROBOCOP and TOTAL RECALL, and Ridley Scott’s BLADE RUNNER.

RPS: What’s the balance going to be between combat and dialoguey stuff? Should we expect something similar to the Banner saga in that respect?

John Mueller: Expect something much more akin to XCOM or FTL when it comes to dialogue versus action in the game. We want to keep a fast-paced story along with the fast-paced combat. There will be NPC interactions, which are big moments in the game, but we will have a special conversation system that allows impatient players to skip to the point, while rewarding more diligent and invested players with further mysteries and clues for various side quests.

RPS: How central is the Dozer to the whole thing, comparative to crew members?

Jeff Johnson: The Dozer is the main component to the game’s fiction, while The Mechanic is basically a blank slate the players can project their imaginations upon, and the crew members are your team full of characters who you will grow to love and/or use as meat for the grinder.

Sam Gage: I’ve always described the Dozer as the main character in the game that you customize with weapons and upgrades, with your crew members as your “minions” to control and assist on the battlefield using special abilities from the items you have equipped. Certain Weapons or Upgrades will even allow you access to special areas if you have them equipped, similar to a “metroidvania” lock-and-key system.

RPS: How brutal is it, in terms of the frequency with which you’re going to lose crew and even the vehicle? Is a campaign likely to last hours, or minutes?

Sam Gage: Our plan is to make a game that is accessible yet challenging to the average player, so the game can actually scale in difficulty depending on how you play it. Going to Aztec City by selecting only Marauder territories will offer a comparatively easy endeavor, though if you explore more of the other Faction-controlled territories, you will be faced with more challenges and receive greater rewards. We expect a single playthrough to last three or four hours on average, but after a successful journey we offer the players a chance to Double-Down and risk everything for a trip back through Bedlam to Bysantine, but without any passengers to promote for additional crew. This is the beginning of our NewGame+ system, but don’t want to spoil the surprises.

RPS: What single feature are you most excited about?

Sam Gage: I am most excited about the hidden paths and rare events scattered throughout Bedlam. There’s going to be a lot of cool crew members and other items to discover and acquire that will take a combination of luck and skill to access. I really want to capture that feeling of discovery from playing video games in the 80s, before there were wikis and FAQ sheets everywhere you looked.

John Mueller: I love the NPC interactions, I can’t wait to bring all these characters to life that have been roaming around my imagination for the past 3 decades.

Jeff Johnson: Battlefield mayhem. I can’t wait to implement the over-the-top animations, A.I and battle gameplay that will set this game apart from other games in the genre.

RPS: I guess you’re aware that there’s another recent game called Bedlam – are you going to keep on using the same name or have there been discussions?

We knew of the game from the early 90s called BEDLAM, but the recent FPS of the same name didn’t turn up in our searches and we weren’t aware of its existence until long after we had filed our trademark on the name and passed the point of no return with all of our marketing and social media materials. We have already spoken with someone from their team and have several options available that we hope results in an amicable solution for everyone.

RPS: Do you have a contingency plan in the event the Kickstarter doesn’t work out?

Sam Gage: What’s the asking price for a kidney on the black market nowadays?

John Mueller: Need your car washed? I paint a pretty mean dog portrait.

Jeff Johnson: Contingency plans don’t compute. We won’t fail!

RPS: Thanks for your time.

Bedlam’s on Kickstarter now, with $86,582 pledged of its $130,000 goal at the time of writing.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Update on the combat: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skyshinegames/bedlam/posts

Key features:
  • Turn-based play and open crew member turn-order
  • Action-point based movement and attacks
  • Over-the-top animations, weapons and vfx
  • Battlefield pick-ups that affect overall movement and attack strategy
  • Class-based crew members with their own strengths, weaknesses, movement and attack ranges
  • 4 different enemy factions, each with their own unique behaviors
  • Dozer Upgrades (crew abilities)
  • Dozer Weapons (similar to old-school “smart bombs”)
Our battle system is called blitz because the battles are swift, aggressive and intense – it’s an all-out attack from the very beginning! Opposition beware!

retamar

Educated
It seems that after the PoE update mention and the article on Rock Paper and Shotgun the game is going to make it. Let's see, I am pretty interested in the concept,

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=267

Well hello my fellow watchers, and lurkers. For my next interview in the last two weeks I had the chance to ask Skyshine Games about their game called Bedlam.

A post-apocalyptic roguelike RPG featuring our unique blitz battle system - Inspired by great games like The Banner Saga, FTL and XCOM.

So with that out of the way the game still has three days left to get more funding. So after reading my interview, and any of you are interested please think about pleading.

Couchpotato: Let’s start the interview with a simple question where I ask can you give a brief description of yourself, and about your game studio Skyshine Games?

Skyshine Games: We’re a three-person team with a massive dream, to make our own video game, to leave our collective mark on the industry. All three of us worked at a small startup called Outlaw Studios where we were making Xbox games and a slew of demos that all never saw the light of day. John and Sam continued working together with most of the Outlaw Art Team on other games like Tabula Rasa and the Darksiders games. Other members of the team went on to work on games such as Dead Rising 2, Bioshock and Bioshock 2, while our animator went on to pioneer motion capture animation in Hollywood. Jeff was involved in the 80’s and 90’s industry explosion, working at Bally and Midway on Pinball machines and Arcade classics like NFL Blitz, but after the implosion of Outlaw, he soon left the industry altogether.

John:
We are a band of brothers at this point, we’ve been through more wars than I care to remember. Outlaw came about when I had left Epic Games to strike out on my own, we were a scrappy team, but all those people were extraordinary in their own right and they’ve gone on to prove it professionally. We have been through a number of difficult circumstances, but we stuck together. I think we all knew this reunion would happen at some point we just weren’t sure how… thank you, Kickstarter.

Couchpotato: What are your favorite RPG games you played over the years?

Sam: I’m a huge fan of the Gameboy Advance because that’s where I got my start in the industry and all of the original Final Fantasy games were ported over to the system. It introduced me to great turn-based strategy games like Advance Wars, Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics. Skyrim was a favorite of mine with well over a couple hundred hours in my save game and I still feel like I barely scratched the surface! Diablo 3 has been awesome with the three of us playing co-op on our PS4s, it reminds me of playing Diablo 2 together ten years ago!

John:
Recently it would be FTL and Diablo 3. Beyond RPG games, old-school it would be Quake...that pretty much started my career when I was doing skins for Ritual, then later on I was able to work with Id Software doing all the promotional art for Quake 3.

Jeff:
Do GTA V and Starcraft 2 count??(No they don't Jeff but thanks for trying)

Couchpotato: What do you think about recent gaming trends like KS campaigns, F2P, forced online components, and the streamlining of most games in the last few years?

Sam:
I like the crowdfunding trend with options like Kickstarter because it gives creative people an opportunity to sell their ideas directly to their customers, making a product that everyone wants. There’s something wonderful about the creative ways indie developers have streamlined their video games, from pixel art to classic arcade mechanics like high-scores to randomly generated worlds and other roguelike elements encouraging multiple playthroughs. There’s a lot of creative approaches to keeping indie teams lean and mean.

Jeff:
I love the indie vibe. It’s awesome to see fans support games from concept to reality in this new medium that was unheard of just a few years ago!

John: Support independent developers! It’s the future!

Couchpotato: The kickstarter launched almost three weeks ago so just in-case some of our readers have no clue what the game is can you describe what Bedlam is about?

Skyshine Games: Our game could be described as a post-apocalyptic Oregon Trail with a randomly generated world, New Game Plus and a combat system that combines chess with gunfire, “magic cards” and nuclear weapons.

Couchpotato: From a previous update you mentioned a Magazine (I used to read) called Heavy Metal helped inspire the game. Can you share more details on that topic?

Sam: I saw the movie Heavy Metal before I was aware of the magazine, but as soon as I saw all those incredible artists and weird stories, I was HOOKED.

John: Heavy Metal is the bible for artists and creative types of my generation. ‘Weird’ stuff like that was hard to come by in the 80’s so kids who grew up with it like me have an almost religious-like reverence for the magazine. It’s still running strong, supporting TONS of amazing artists who would otherwise never get exposure. Kevin Eastman of Ninja Turtles fame owns it now and he’s kept it true to it’s roots. Heavy Metal is the reason I started drawing mutants and cyborgs!

Couchpotato: I seet that your game is using the same Engine from The Banner Saga. I'm really interested in this question as I enjoyed playing the game. Can you share how you acquired the engine?

John: I had called up Arnie, Stoic’s Art Director, with this idea for BEDLAM. The world of BEDLAM is much older, it goes back to my childhood RPG days, but after playing The Banner Saga I saw the game so clearly that their engine was really the perfect vehicle. They had just finished The Banner Saga and were on vacation. I took that period and made as much art as I could getting it into the engine, and when they got back Sam had entered the picture at that point and we showed them what we had done and pitched them the game...they liked it. Their engine had everything we needed, and I love the artistic presentation tools they have as well as the narrative tools. The best part is it was built to be efficient for a very small team, which suits us. Things progressed and when we started to do the project for real it just made sense to use their engine.

Couchpotato: Will the games combat be similar to how it was in The Banner Saga with a turn-based grid? Or will you guys add your own spin to it?

Jeff: Our combat, while still on an isometric grid, differs from The Banner Saga in many ways. The biggest differences are: Open crew member turn-order, crew member death is permanent, action-point based movement and attacks, over-the-top animations and visual effects, battlefield equalizers and factions have unique fighting behaviours - just to name a few.

Much like Chess, the battle strategy is centered around protecting areas of the battlefield, tactical positioning of your team and knowing when to attack vs. defend! A significant strategic element during combat is the inclusion of battlefield Equalizers! These items and objects are randomly inserted onto battlefields and can take many forms: atomic waste barrels, dead creatures, scrap containers, vendetta contraptions, or even packages of coveted resources! Some Equalizers can be used as temporary cover, but you’ll need to be cautious as they can also be destroyed by incoming weapon fire, resulting in the loss of any valuables they might hold! In order to gather the riches that may result from various Equalizers, you will need to maneuver a crew member to that position -- which means weighing the risk of those rewards against coming under attack from foes. The caveat is that you must collect these bonus items BEFORE each battle ends!

Couchpotato: My next question would be how long will the campaign be in your estimates as it still needs to be completed first, and will it allow multiple playthroughs to see different endings?

Sam: We’re shooting for an average play time of around 4 hours to make it to Aztec City, but at that point we give you the option to “cash in” your run or you can Double-Down and try to take your existing crew without any passengers back to Bysantine where you started. This is an all-or-nothing risk, but if you survive a Double-Down, all of your equipped Weapons, Upgrades and active crew members will be available to you for future trips! This is our approach to a New Game Plus system in BEDLAM. I should stop before I spoil the surprises we have in store. We think it’s going to be a lot of fun!

Couchpotato: How many companions will be joining you in your journey, and how will interaction between party members be handled? Will it be possible to be betrayed based on your choices you make?

John:
We think there will be over a hundred potential crew options with the game when it launches, almost all of them inspired from our backers. Most crew members will fit into class archetypes, but many will have something unique about them. In Bedlam you will have lots of opportunities to add crew to your Dozer, it’s a harsh world and your crew doesn’t always make it. The one thing you can count on in Bedlam is that people want a better life, so it’s not hard to convince people to join you on your journey.

Couchpotato: Lets talk about skills and abilities. So how many are in the game, and can you briefly describe how they will work? Also will certain skills affect how you play the game?

Jeff: These are what we call Dozer Upgrades and Dozer Weapons. At a RPG level, the Dozer Upgrades are team buffs while the Dozer Weapon is a last-resort smartbomb. There will be a lot of options available for the Upgrades and these will really allow the player to customize their game to fit their own personal play style. During the combat sequences you can activate each of your three Dozer Upgrades (crew abilities) once per battle, while the Dozer Weapon might have a cooldown period that lasts for several encounters. Players will have to be very strategic in how and when they use their special Dozer Armaments.

Couchpotato: I see the goal of the kickstarter is $130,000 is that enough for the base game, and can you breakdown how the funding will be spent?

Skyshine Games
: $130,000 is enough to keep the lights on and the bills paid. This is going to be a labor of love!(You heard them guys the money will keep the Lights on so help fund the game)

Couchpotato: Funding is slowing down with two weeks left to get funded are you guys worried, and do you have a backup plan just in-case the game isn't funded?

Sam:
Time flies! It’s now the third week in and we had a tremendous surge in support!

Jeff: Backup plan?!? That just doesn’t compute. Failure isn’t an option.

John:
We’re going to Bedlam...aren’t you?

Update: The game is now funded. So congratulation guys.

Couchpotato: Can you share what you have learned from using kickstarter, and share a few tips for future developers who may decide to use it one day for themselves?
Sam:
Are you ready to work 24 hours a day? Updates, Updates, Updates!

Jeff: I have learned that Kickstarter is a ton of work. Work I love; but a lot nonetheless. It has been a full-time job to create updates, answer backer questions and socialize to try to create any sort of buzz about our game. Fun, Frustrating and rewarding all at the same time! I also learned that Kickstarter is a great medium to meet your future players and get instant feedback! Invaluable feedback!

John; My advice would be to engage the community that shows up around your game as much as possible. Listen to them, incorporate their feedback, treat them like your clients. We have come to really appreciate a lot of our backers and we are genuinely excited to work with them.

Couchpotato: A few more easy questions before we finish do you plan to release a demo? And what about DRM? From what I read the game is Steam only. I know quite a few backers who prefer DRM-Free releases so what would you say to them?

Skyshine Games: Steam just makes it easier for us in so many ways. I think the most exciting thing is the controlled Early Access builds and releases that Steam allows us to do. We’re completely focused on the PC and Mac release for Steam, but we’d love to explore all of our distribution options when the time comes!

Couchpotato: Alright here is the last question and it's simply why should people back your game? Also this is the the time to add anything else you may want to say. Make it as brief or as long as you want, and thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer my questions.

Sam: It’s gonna be AWESOME.

Jeff: BEDLAM will be a game of “did you see that??” and “whoa, did that really just happen?!?” moments, amazing visuals, ear pleasing sounds and barfing monsters… who doesn’t love all those things!!

John:
This game is a labor of love, you should back it for the same reason you back a small band you love, or buy a beer that isn’t Budweiser. Skyshine is a team of 3 developers who are hand-crafting the game of their lives for your enjoyment! Our game will be fun to create and to play! We want to work directly with our backers to make it! You can also tell the story years from now that you were one of our first backers for this soon-to-be classic. We are a small team so you know where the money goes, it’s either feeding us while we make the game, or we’re using it to pay for our music, or sound. I have about a hundred other reasons, but those the first few that came off the top of my head.

As I said above congraulation guys, and thanks for answering my questions. Now with the interview now finished here is the teams new video to celebrate getting funed.

ffs Couchpotato learn to proofread

agris

Arcane
Patron
I backed this but for fucks sake, they don't even mention the banner saga or x-com in their list of favorite games.. despite it being on the front page of the campaign. also, it appears that they're gating content with the add-on packs and backer-exclusive teams/dozer/etc. :grumpy:

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The kickstarter's done and they ended up shitting their goal in during the final week, exceeding the $130k goal and reaching $166,540, hitting several stretch goals in the process. Looks like the devs will being taking paypal pledges post kickstarter too.

Not the best handled kickstarter, it appeared that they were learning as they went along, and even up until near the end they avoided the subject of the kickstarter exclusive game content, which a few people weren't too happy about.

Still, I'm looking forward to this and hope it turns out well.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/115147-bedlam-to-be-published-in-summer-by-versus-evil.html

Developer Skyshine Games and independent publisher Versus Evil have announced via a press release that they'll be partnering to release Bedlam, a Kickstarter-funded post-apocalyptic roguelike/RPG based on The Banner Saga's engine. While there's no precise release date quite yet, the game should release in Summer this year:

BEDLAM AWAITS PC GAMERS AS SKYSHINE GAMES UNITES WITH VERSUS EVIL

Leading Indie Publisher Set to Bring Successfully Kickstarted Game to Market
Austin, USA – February 20th, 2015 – Bedlam will reign later this year as independent developer Skyshine games announces its partnership with leading independent game publisher Versus Evil to bring the post-apocalyptic “roguelike” role-playing game (RPG) to market in Summer 2015.

“Since going through a pretty amazing Kickstarter experience we’ve been hard at work bringing Bedlam to life and finding the right partner to take the game to all of the players that have supported us along the way” said John Mueller, Art Director, Skyshine games. “The Banner Saga team at Stoic have given us some great support and advice and having seen the great partnership they enjoyed with Versus Evil it seems the natural choice to work with them on Bedlam”.

Built on the foundations of the Banner Saga engine, Bedlam is an RPG for PC/Steam that sees players send their motley crew of humans, mutants, robots, and cyborgs either into battle or to other areas to explore, gathering valuable items, information and other recruits to help them overcome the various perils encountered during their journey. Powerful weapons and technologies will be discovered and when equipped, give the player access to devastating attacks or even the ability to cheat death and resurrect their favorite lost soldiers.

“Simply put the Skyshine team has put together a winning scenario by combining a unique art style, with proven tech from The Banner Saga, and an experienced development team with Vigil vets” said Steve Escalante, General Manager, Versus Evil. “Bedlam has the ingredients to make a fantastic game.The success of the Kickstarter campaign illustrates gamer’s excitement for Bedlam and we are looking forward to partnering with them to bring the game to market”

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thanks, Frusciante. I copied and pasted the update for others to enjoy the artwork.

---

Hey BEDLAM Backers!

Another month gone by and Team Skyshine is as hard at work as ever. We’re currently in the closing weeks of an internal demo sprint. In other words we’re very close to having a completely playable early build of the game for us to test. There will still be a ton of content to add, bugs to fix and boat loads of fine tuning, but we’ll be that much closer to getting the finished game into your hands.

*Note: All screenshots below are works-in-progress.

Cyborg Dozer at Launch Screen

As we mentioned in our last update, this update will be all about Dozers. Your Dozer is really the hub of the entire gameplay experience. It’s your means of transportation, base of operations and the only home of consequence for your Passengers and Crew on their perilous journey through the wastelands of Bedlam. In terms of gameplay it’s where you’ll access the world map and navigate, manage your away team, balance your resources, man your facilities and receive incoming communications. Some Dozer upgrades will even manifest themselves in combat...

As a fabled Mechanic, the first decision you’ll make to begin a fresh run through Bedlam will be which Dozer to pilot. There are three basic resources you’ll need to keep an eye on to ensure your Passengers are fed and your Dozer is up and running: Meat, Metal and Crude. In addition to their cosmetic differences, each Dozer will offer a unique balance and gameplay experience in terms of how efficiently they will utilize each resource. One Dozer might offer better Crude mileage, but have a lower passenger capacity while another might require more Metal for maintenance, but offer greater Meat storage holds.

Speaking of Passengers, they are ultimately your most precious cargo. Your primary goal is to transport as many of them alive and kicking to Aztec City as possible. Various battles, events and decisions you make along your journey can and will lead directly to gains and losses in your Passenger tally and the overall success of your run through Bedlam.

Dozer Facilities

In addition to being your living and breathing primary objective, your Passenger totals will also directly affect your ability to man the operating Facilities of your Dozer. Amongst their ranks will be found special Mechanic-like individuals called Technicians that will be able to interface with and upgrade your Dozer's Facilities.

The Dozer's Facilities consist of four rooms: Barracks, Bio-Research, Engineering and Armory. Each room has the ability to significantly improve the performance of your Dozer and provide tide-turning upgrades to your Away Team depending on the number of Technicians you are able to assign. Each Dozer will have a max Passenger capacity and often times your passenger totals will take a hit along your journey so you’ll be put in the position of choosing to emphasize the manning of some rooms over others. Stay tuned to future updates for more specifics on the performance improvements and upgrades you will be able to secure through smart Technician/Facility management.

55cb4897d228fd7dd8fb04be1e766455_original.gif

Mutant Dozer
Kickstarter Dozer Survey!
As a backer you might recall that Team Skyshine will be producing a special Limited Edition Kickstarter Dozer. Well the time is now! (Almost.) We’re conducting a survey over on our forums for which Faction the Kickstarter Dozer will be associated with; AI, Cyborg, Marauder or Mutant. Head on over to the forums at http://www.gobedlam.com/forum/ and make sure to register using the email associated with your Kickstarter account. Happy voting!

As always, a thousand thousand thanks to all of you for backing BEDLAM. We’re making amazing headway and we couldn’t have done it without your help. We hope you’re just as excited to play the final product as we are!

--Team Skyshine

In the next update: Combat…

Battleboard - Marauder Camp

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
We knew of the game from the early 90s called BEDLAM

Why not change the title then? Original BEDLAM franchise was awesome. In fact, it aged p. gud and it's still much fun to play.

bedlam2.gif

Sexy graphics and "everything you see can be blown the fuck up" principle. New games with same name that have shit to do with original BEDLAM will only make it even more obscure.

Shame on you.

Frusciante

Cipher
New update, mostly teasing E3 playable demo. UI screams Ipad game.

R9HBxpr.jpg

Teleporter art:
cZrm3T5.gif

0eCCKM4.jpg

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Yeah. I was regretting not backing it, but now I like my choice more.

And if it turns out good, even better.

Frusciante

Cipher
Agree with all of the above. Art looks downgraded.

I really like the teleporter animation though.

Wizfall

Cipher
Arts look downgraded but i still like it thanks to the style.
Also it's maybe because the view in those screenshots are more zoom in.

Largely good enough for me anyway if the gameplay follow.

lightbane

Arcane
The teleporter art reminds me of Crusader, especially that one fiendish trap you could use to turn a teleporter into an hilariously gory meat-blender for those unlucky enough to use it. Either way, having more (good) tactical combat games shouldn't hurt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom