Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim,worth it?

typical user

Arbiter
The stormcloaks won the war...
So what?It doesen't make a fucking difference im still am the petty thief despite being a godamm war hero.
Also what diference does it make who wins the war?

It doesn't. You just get different guards and some flavor dialog at the end from Tullius/Ulfric. Oh and you can meet one of your enemies in Sovngarde. Talk about world that reacts to your actions.

Neki

Scholar
I actually had some fun with the game when i was not killing zombies.

The stats are well... different, no strength, agility, stamina stats etc instead just allocating into health, magika or stamina directly.:decline:

The combat system is quite poor, but i usually do stealth kills with daggers, In any decent rpg this sneaky build would make me die pretty quickly in combat(at least in early game) but here i can just switch to my axe and hack stuff because stealth kills and one handed weapons use the same perk tree(because the lack of stats):decline:
I think they made the dungeons nicer compared to Oblivion. At least more interesting.:incline:(???)

There is no classes, you can be 100/100 at every skill if you want to .:decline:

Quest compass.:decline:

Random encounters are kind of fun(Hard to pull in an rpg)and most of them are also are related to quests you done or is still doing.:incline:

There is NO way to fail in this game unless you die. And, if you kill the mob, you will ALWAYS advance in your quest.:decline:

Some of the quests are pretty good when you are not killing zombies:incline:(???)

The game is average-ish?:2/5:

As for love live i just discovered that she likes vaginas.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
Skyrim has got to be my favorite Beth game so far, however I really dislike the whole YOU ARE THE DRAGONBORN thing. Why can't I just be some no-name adventurer.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
The writing and plot is like conjured up by amateur freshman college derps (B grade at best), the gameplay is solid if not quite repetitive and the visuals are very impressive even today. Basically if you like power playing a constant M1 Abrams tank Battlefield fantasy avatar in an impressive looking world you'll find bang for your buck.

Neki

Scholar
How? She tell you? :shittydog:
There was a girl hitting on me, she was clearly jealous, i asked if she was ok and got this response:
''Dude,that girl was so hot, man why all the pretty girls are straight?''
I looked shocked to her
''What? thought you knew i was lesbian.''

Why is the world so bent and me so straight?

Sykar

Arcane
To understand the sheer scope of retardation in Skyrim consider this:

You can get accepted into the mage guild without knowing a single spell and even become the arch mage after a mere 2-3 hour quest line and I am being generous here despite still not being an actual mage. FusRoDah is all you need.

I stopped playing it ever again after this.

Nael

Arcane
Just play the free game. What else do you have going on in your life?

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
The stormcloaks won the war...
So what?It doesen't make a fucking difference im still am the petty thief despite being a godamm war hero.
Also what diference does it make who wins the war?

Is there anything in the game that forces you to remain a thief? You don't have enough money? As for the difference - many Jarls are different now (old ones are in jail), make you a Thane for free, many quests are cut off now, and you won't meet Thalmor and Imerial patrols anymore.

You can get accepted into the mage guild without knowing a single spell and even become the arch mage after a mere 2-3 hour quest line and I am being generous here despite still not being an actual mage. FusRoDah is all you need.

Shouts are considered a form of ancient magic so they could explain that you're actually natural mage with great abilities. But they didn't do that for some reason. Yes, guild storylines are not that good and usually aren't thought out in terms of what PC would do or want. Except maybe Dark Brotherhood.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Shouts are considered a form of ancient magic so they could explain that you're actually natural mage with great abilities. But they didn't do that for some reason.
Because Thu'um is not magic at all. It's a form of Tonal Architecture, like what the Dwemer did a lot of when manipulating Heart of Lorkhan. There are other traditions similar to Nordic one, like Redguard sword-singing and Tsaesci kiai.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
Because Thu'um is not magic at all. It's a form of Tonal Architecture, like what the Dwemer did a lot of when manipulating Heart of Lorkhan. There are other traditions similar to Nordic one, like Redguard sword-singing and Tsaesci kiai.

The game mechanics treat shouts as magic (but it might be handwaved as mechanical convenience), same goes for UESP wiki. And college guard allows you in just because you can shout.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It seems to be magic, but it in fact is not, same like abilities of Gaunter o'Dim in Witcher 3. That characters in game do not always know that is an entirely different matter.

Sykar

Arcane

The game mechanics treat shouts as magic (but it might be handwaved as mechanical convenience), same goes for UESP wiki. And college guard allows you in just because you can shout.

Of course it is handwaving, what else? How dare a developer to have certain sensible requisistes to join certain guilds and attain high ranks in there everything must be easily available for the retarded masses for "muh awzumnezs!!!111". /sigh

Neki

Scholar
Is there anything in the game that forces you to remain a thief? You don't have enough money?
Yeah...Cause trying to play a role in a role-playing game is for Autists, Right? :roll:
As for the difference - many Jarls are different now (old ones are in jail)

So? I got the same quests and stuff related to that city.Changing the 3d models does not make a diference.
make you a Thane for free, many quests are cut off now

Not having to kill zombie hordes, That's actually a plus.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
Seriously, the theif war hero argument makes no sense. What would you want, for the game to say you are now good and good people don't steal? Skyrim has many problems, if you want to bash it you don't have to invent new ones.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Actually is better than Morrowind. But oldfags never will leave the "muh aliens atmosphere", "muh directions in my journal" and "muh levitating nerevarine" tropes.
And neither will oldfags leave the "muh customizable spells", "muh choices in guilds and factions" "muh character actually has stats and skills, not just skills". In comparison Skyrim has what, shouts?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom