Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that everyone on the 'dex will play F4 and that there will be threads with multiple hundred pages picking it apart like vultures. And then they'll buy all five DLCs and repeat the same process again.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Skyrim was released many moons ago, WTF are they doing? Or will they release their next game 3 months after they announce it?

Todd, stop disappointing me!

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
I enjoyed Skyrim and eagerly await TES 6, as long as it is a logical and positive progression from Skyrim.

Couldn't care less about Fallout 4, never played Fallout 3 or NV. To me the real Fallout will always be 1 & 2; a true sequel will be 3rd person and turn based. That said I have yet to even finish SKyrim once, so I can wait for TES 6.

I hope they announce a new IP. Arcanum. The butthurt will feed me for years.

pippin

howardheader.jpg

latest

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The games are good for 20-40 hours of popamole 'dungeon' exploration.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Skyrim was released many moons ago, WTF are they doing? Or will they release their next game 3 months after they announce it?

Imagine if they are working on fallout 4 for 5-6 years now..... how good it must be !

naossano

Cipher
I would rather say that FoNV is, amongs the official games, the closest thing we can get to an actual Fallout 3.
Although, i hope that the fan-made Van Buren will be a better unofficial Fallout 3.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Co-op would be exactly what FO4 needs, just imagine how marvelous dialogs would be if they handled it SWTOR style:

NPC: Greetings traveler, how can I help you?

[xXxChosen1xXx] picks: "Hi, I am looking for my dad. Average height, average build."
[S00l1k] picks: "Hi, I am looking for my dad. He looks distinctively average!"

[S00l1k] has won the dialog roll! (71)

Player: "Hi, I am looking for my dad. He looks distinctively average!"
NPC: "Ah yes, I know the person who your discription fits perfectly."

[xXxChosen1xXx] has left your game!
[LynetteSuxxx] has joined your game!

It would be majestic! :salute:

Co-op would be exactly what FO4 needs, just imagine how marvelous dialogs would be if they handled it SWTOR style:

Even funnier if you imagine typical online/modern RPG players:

F4 NPC: "I am putting together a wasteland survival guide and need some volunteers to test out some of my survival items."

[xxxHotTits69xxx]: "this shit beter b on quest compass, i stoped lisening 10 minutes bak"
[YoMomsDawg]: "ha u dumass this is RPG, all about gettin better lootz, if u want to lisen to story play call of duty"
[HandsomeBanker901]: "both of you stfu, i am trying to flirt with [IAmActuallyARealGirl]"
[YoMomsDawg]: "yo i tried that, she phished my cc info, probably a dude"

F4 NPC: "Which survival item would you like to test first: ghoul repellent, anti-yao gaoi jockstrap, or mole rat syphilis cure?"

[xxxHotTits69xxx]: "yo, they better hurry up with this shit, my moms makin me clean my room in 30 min"
[YoMomsDawg]: "im gonna make yo moms clean my room after im done wit her booty"
[xxxHotTits69xxx]: "fuk u"
[YoMomsDawg]: "come at me brah"

F4 NPC: "Gentlemen and gentlewomen, I repeat, which survival item would you like to test first: ghoul repellent, anti-yao gaoi jockstrap, or mole rat syphilis cure?"

[HandsomeBanker901]: "why can't we get the fukin quest already, i keep alt-tabbing in from FB and we are still stuck here, this is ridiculous..."
[IAmActuallyARealGirl]: "For private cam sessions, please visit www. sexcams .com and have your credit card info ready."
[xxxHotTits69xxx]: "lets jus go and blow up that city built round 4 hydrogen bombs and a nuclear landfill, wat its name?"
[YoMomsDawg]: "Super Gigaton?"

<in a rare fit of Radiant AI, the F4 NPC begins firing on player characters>

Well, as the saying goes, when the Brofist Virgin won't come to you, you'll have to come to the Brofist Virgin. :kwafuckyeah:

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
prediction: fallout 4 takes place in new york city, i've noticed that a level designer from bgs has been to nyc quite a few random times in the last two years. It's just a wild guess, but it kinda makes sense as well.

Nikaido

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Prediction: the reason why we haven't heard even a single rumor or leak about current development is because Bethesda is having a hard time with the next gen transition, possibly either because porting their current engine and making it worth the new hardware is painful (you can only do so much with that abomination of a a frankenbryo), or because they've swapped to another engine and are still stuck writing the core of a RPG scripting engine, toolkit etc. either way, they're stuck and the game (whichever of a FO4 or a new TES comes first) is probably going to be so buggy it'll make Daggerfall on release day look like a bug-free, well polished game.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Prediction: the reason why we haven't heard even a single rumor or leak about current development is because Bethesda is having a hard time with the next gen transition, possibly either because porting their current engine and making it worth the new hardware is painful (you can only do so much with that abomination of a a frankenbryo), or because they've swapped to another engine and are still stuck writing the core of a RPG scripting engine, toolkit etc. either way, they're stuck and the game (whichever of a FO4 or a new TES comes first) is probably going to be so buggy it'll make Daggerfall on release day look like a bug-free, well polished game.

Not really.. With proper Texture / Model / FNIS Rigging / Skeleton mods for Skyrim I can make my game look better then anything coming out this year.. They definately will need to improve their asset pipelines for the next console generation but after all the bullshit they did to Gamebryo just to get DLC to work on PS3.. I am sure a lot of that work is behind them.

Bethesda is famous for not announcing anything until their game is on it's way to gold. They like to build massive hype around almost finished products then release them as opposed to showing bullshots of a game 4 E3's before the game is even close to done.

If it sounds like I am defending Bethesda, I kinda am. The gaming scene is such shit right now and Bethesda / CDProjekt Red are the only two AAA companies I don't hate right now.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjbx6-KQoRg

Yeah. Exactly what the dev described. Right.

Jesus christ I feel like an old man who lost his glasses watching that.. The lighting looks pretty accurate if I could see it through all that BLOOM

That video created hype?

Also, Your point is moot.. I said I didn't know or care about any oblivion bullshot stuff.. you just posted an oblivion video to disprove that radiant AI is what they described.. aka you are stupid.

Nikaido

Arcane
In My Safe Space
you just posted an oblivion video to disprove that radiant AI is what they described.. aka you are stupid.

A prerelease video that has all the promises the devs made. The video itself is not worth anything (the sequences are all scripted for demoing to E3), it's the audio part you should care to listen to, dumbfuck.

The video doesn't show "radiant ai doing what they described" unless you think a scripted demo that has never been reproduced in actual gameplay is evidence of anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom